19th August 2012, 01:19 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for Indian Forest service Exam after completing BDS degree from recognized university

As i have completed b.d.s. Degree from a recognised university so m i eligible for indian forest services exam

19th August 2012, 12:37 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for Indian Forest service Exam after completing BDS degree from recognized university

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
As i have completed b.d.s. Degree from a recognised university so m i eligible for indian forest services exam

IFS stands for Indian Forest Service. This is one of the most prestigious civil service exam to crack along with IAS and IPS exam. It is conducted by UPSC. It's notification is generally released during the month of February and examination takes place in the month of July. In this year the exam took place on 14th July, 2012.

To sit for this examination there are certain eligibility criteria which you need to satisfy. Some of them have been listed below:

IFS Exam Eligibility Criteria:

Nationality:

~To sit for this exam you need to be a citizen of India, Nepal or Bhutan. Even Tibetan refugees who came to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of settling down permanently here are also eligible to sit for this exam.

Age limit:

~To sit for this exam you need to attain minimum 21 years of age. The upper age limit for this exam for general category candidate is 30 years of age.

~There is upper age limit relaxation for the reserved category candidates. SC/ST candidates will get an age relaxation of upto 5 years and OBC candidates upto 3 years.

Educational Qualification:

~The educational qualification required is a B.E./B.Tech degree in engineering from a recognized university or institution or you can also get a bachelor's degree in any one of the subject mentioned below:
  • Animal Husbandry
  • Veterinary Science
  • Botany
  • Chemistry
  • Geology
  • Mathematics
  • Physics
  • Statistics
  • Zoology
  • Agriculture
  • Forestry

Number of Attempts:

The number of attempts varies from one category to the other.

General Category Candidates: 4 attempts
OBC Candidates: 7 attempts
SC/ST Candidates: No Restriction

~Indian Forest Service has laid down certain physical criteria which also needs to be fulfilled by the candidate willing to apply for this exam. Whether you will get selected or not also depends on the result of your physical test to a great extent.

Selection Procedure:

There are two stages or barriers to clear to get selected. They are as follows:

1. Written Examination

2. Personality Test or Interview Session

Written Examination Pattern:

~Generally essay type descriptive type questions are asked for the examination. You will get only three hours to complete the whole paper and you need to write the answer in english only. Question standard will be of graduation level.

~There will be six papers to complete all in all. Out of which the first two papers are general english and general knowledge. For each of these papers 300 marks have been alloted. If you fail to get the minimum qualifying marks in the general knowledge paper then the rest of the paper will not be evaluated.
The rest of the four papers will consist of questions from the two optional subjects you have chosen from the list which will be given to you. There will be 200 marks each for each paper.

Interview Session:

~The interview session will try to judge various aspects of your characters. 200 marks have been alloted for this session. Your thoughts on current issues, your integrity, your desire to explore the unknown, your academic background, your analytical power etc. everything is going to be tested. So you need to come across as a confident person and try to be yourself. That will work.

IFS Exam Reference Books:

UPSC-IFS Indian Forest Service Examinations Guide (Paper 1 & 2)
by R. Gupta's
Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House

IFS Indian Forest Service: Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science Guide (Paper I & II)
by R. Gupta's

IFS Indian Forest Service: Physics Guide (Paper I & Paper II)
by R. Gupta's

IFS Indian Forest Service Examination Botany (Paper I & II)
by RPH Editorial Board

IFS Indian Forest Service Agriculture (Paper I & Paper II)
by R. Gupta

IFS Indian Forest Service: Chemistry (Paper I & II)
by R. Gupta's
9th January 2013, 08:56 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible for Indian Forest service Exam after completing BDS degree from recognized university

as student of B.Sc. LL.B. 5 year intigrated course, can i eligible for IFS examination?
14th January 2013, 02:59 PM
Unregistered

is bds degree eligible for indian forest service
14th January 2013, 03:00 PM
Unregistered

as a student of bds am i eligible for ifs exam
14th January 2013, 03:02 PM
Unregistered

is bds degree eligible for indian forest service
15th January 2013, 10:27 AM
Unregistered

i m doing bsc biotechnology am i eligible for indian forest services exam
16th January 2013, 08:29 PM
Unregistered

is bds degree exam is eligibile for indian foreign service
20th February 2013, 06:30 PM
Unregistered

I am pursuing Btech in Information Technology.Am I eligible for IFS
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?