23rd August 2011, 11:00 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for JAM Exam to do M.Sc in IIT after the completion of B.Sc in Maths?

I HAVE FINISHED B.SC MATHS. AM I ELIGIBLE TO ATTEND JAM EXAM for doing M.Sc in IIT ? PLS REPLY

24th August 2011, 01:53 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for JAM Exam to do M.Sc in IIT after the completion of B.Sc in Maths?

Dear Friend

If you have passed a Bachelor’s degree with Mathematics as a subject for at least two
years during your B.Sc. and have obtained more than 55% aggregate marks in B.Sc.
then you are eligible to attend IIT-JAM.

Through IIT JAM (Maths.) you can get admission in following courses.

M.Sc. in Mathematics (IIT Bombay,Delhi, Kanpur, Madras)
M.Sc. in Mathematics and Computing (IIT Guwahati)
M.Sc. in Applied Mathematics (IIT Roorkee)
M.Sc. in Industrial Mathematics and Informatics (IIT Roorkee)

With the above eligibility conditions you can apply for IIT-JAM (Mathematical Statistics)
and can get admission in following courses;

M.Sc. in Applied Statistics and Informatics (IIT Bombay)
M.Sc. in Statistics (IIT Kanpur)
M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree in Mathematics (IIT Kgp.)
M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree in Operations Research (IIT Bombay)

The syllabus for IIT-JAM (Mathematics) and IIT-JAM (Mathematical Statistics) are
available in the file attached with this message.
Attached Files
File Type: doc IIT JAM MS & MA syllabus.doc(31.0 KB, 156 views)
24th August 2011, 03:26 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for JAM Exam to do M.Sc in IIT after the completion of B.Sc in Maths?

dear friend,
Eligibility criteria for JAM exam-
At least 55% aggregate marks (taking into account all subjects, including languages and subsidiaries, all years combined) for General/OBC category candidates and at least 50% aggregate marks (taking into account all subjects, including languages and subsidiaries, all years combined) for SC, ST and PD category candidates in the qualifying degree.

As you have done your bachelor degree in maths,and you have not your percentage of marks in graduation, if it is more than 55% then you are eligible for JAM exam..
So, prepare for the exam, try to crack the exam on the very first attempt..

All the best..
1st October 2011, 07:03 PM
raju bhai

hi dear,

you have done your bachelor degree in maths,and you have not your percentage of marks in graduation, if it is more than 55% then you are eligible for JAM exam..

thanks
4th October 2011, 12:52 AM
Unregistered

Am i eligible for iit jam mathematics after doing B.E.(electronics)
9th October 2011, 11:31 PM
Unregistered

how many times can we appear in JAM
18th October 2011, 01:13 PM
Unregistered

Am i eligible for IIT JAM 2012 to do M.Sc in IIT...I am in B.Sc 3rd year...and i have obtained 63% in B.Sc 1st year And 51% in B.Sc 2nd year?Plz rply fast!!!
10th November 2011, 11:39 AM
Unregistered

i have done B.sc computer science and am i eligible for M.sc mathematics in iit.And i have studied maths as allied paper in 1st&2nd semester.. and in 3rd & 4th statistics
22nd December 2011, 01:28 AM
Unregistered

how many collages of M.SC MATHEMATICAL IN IIT COLLAGES
4th January 2012, 02:16 AM
Unregistered

m i eligible for biotech entrance of IIT JAM after passing b.sc in botany?
24th May 2012, 03:03 PM
Unregistered

sir i am completed my bsc math from distance learning from ignou am i elegible for jam
31st May 2012, 11:53 PM
Unregistered

now i am in ty bsc it i have completed 4 semester in which there are m1,m2,m3,m4 as subject can i give this year iit jam exam.
5th July 2012, 12:52 PM
Unregistered

iam doing B.Sc in biochemistry now. 3rd sem. Can i apply for JAM exam for biochemisty ?
9th July 2012, 01:21 PM
Unregistered

how many seats available for msc maths in iit jam
29th September 2012, 03:08 PM
Unregistered

i am pursuing b.sc biotechnology from kanpur university . am i eligible for iit JAM 2013
8th October 2012, 04:53 PM
RAHUL K0

Please, you have passed a Bachelor’s degree with Mathematics as a subject for at least two
years during your B.Sc. and have obtained more than 55% aggregate marks in B.Sc.

then you are eligible to attend IIT-JAM.

IIT JAM admission in following courses.

@M.Sc. in Mathematics (IIT Bombay,Delhi, Kanpur, Madras)
@M.Sc. in Mathematics and Computing (IIT Guwahati)
@M.Sc. in Applied Mathematics (IIT Roorkee)
@M.Sc. in Industrial Mathematics and Informatics (IIT Roorkee)

With the above eligibility conditions you can apply for IIT-JAM (Mathematical Statistics)
and can get admission in following courses;

@M.Sc. in Applied Statistics and Informatics (IIT Bombay)
@M.Sc. in Statistics (IIT Kanpur)
@M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree in Mathematics (IIT Kgp.)
@M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree in Operations Research (IIT Bombay)
8th January 2013, 05:55 PM
Unregistered

I have graduated from IGNOU in physics,am i eligible to give JEST,TIFR & JAM exams?
31st March 2013, 08:46 AM
Unregistered

i am doing bachelor of computer science. I have 3semester maths in my degree.can i eligible for applied statistics and informatics iitjam exam?
22nd February 2014, 12:54 AM
Unregistered

Am i eligible for iit jam for msc physics after completing bsc(h) electronics..
4th April 2014, 10:48 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for JAM Exam to do M.Sc in IIT after the completion of B.Sc in Electronics?
8th July 2014, 11:52 AM
Unregistered

am i eligible for JAM exam to do M.Sc in IIT after the completion of B.Sc in Computer Science ?
7th August 2014, 04:29 PM
Unregistered

Hii i have done btech in Electrical & electronics Engineering i want to pursue msc in stats or operational research...
Am i eligible to give jam i have 3 years of experience in telecom industry..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?