1st September 2014, 01:28 AM
Unregistered

B.Sc degree awarded by IGNOU recognized by the IIT's? Will I be eligible for admission in Post Graduation?

Hello friends,
is the BSc degree awarded by IGNOU recognized by the IIT's?
If one completes his bachelor in science from IGNOU, can he appear for the JAM entrance test conducted by the IIT's for admission to the MSc course.
I know that IGNOU is a UGC recognized central university and it's degrees are recognized by all the universites; however, it's bachelor degree may not be recognized by the IIT's for admission to their post graduate (MSc) courses.
Have you come across any person who has completed his graduation from IGNOU, cracked JAM, and secured admission into an IIT?
Such an example would be really inspiring and encouraging.
Looking forward to your replies. Thanks.

7th April 2015, 06:53 AM
anamikasenrocks

Default Re: B.Sc degree awarded by IGNOU recognized by the IIT's? Will I be eligible for admission in Post Graduation?

IIT or Indian Institute of Technology takes an entrance test to select people for M.Sc. curriculum through JAM test or Joint Admission Test. For this, you have to be a graduate from a recognized university with minimum 55%-65% marks in your aggregate and also in each subject of your graduation(including pass and honors). So this means that you can be a graduate from any university. But your score must be within this range or more to apply for JAM. The percentage varies for different branches of IIT in different cities.
Giving an example will be difficult. But you can ask your seniors about the candidates who have applied for JAM and cracked it. See, cracking an examination is entirely in your hand. The initial eligibility cut-off has nothing got to do with the institute you pass from. It has got to do with the amount of marks you secure from that institute. After that you are responsible for the amount of marks you secure in the admission test. So work hard and I am sure you will be able to crack it. Right now, log onto http://www.iitg.ac.in/ to download the application form for JAM called JAPS (JAM online Application Processing System). This will require all the personal and academic information and it will generate a unique JAM account for you. Once you pay the required Rs.1050 fee for each paper in JAM, you are an eligible candidate for JAM.
8th April 2015, 05:04 PM
kunalroy89

Default Re: B.Sc degree awarded by IGNOU recognized by the IIT's? Will I be eligible for admission in Post Graduation?

Why do you need example? Your degree being completely valid all over the world,there is nothing that should stop you from qualifying in JAM.
If you keep on searching example you would keep following. Be the example yourself.
Your degree will be recognized by IITs for JAM and for other higher studies across any University. Prepare well for the exams without thinking about irrelevant distraction
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?