18th January 2012, 11:46 PM
Rs828265

Am i eligible for Marine Engineering course after scoring 60% in class 12th?

Sir i got 60 percent in 12 class.Am i able to marine engineering....please tell me if its possible

21st January 2012, 05:01 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am i eligible for Marine Engineering course after scoring 60% in class 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rs828265 View Post
Sir i got 60 percent in 12 class.Am i able to marine engineering....please tell me if its possible
Its good that you have scored 60% but it is mandatory that you must have studied Physics , Chemistry and Maths in your higher secondary level to be considered eligible for the course and since you are very clear that you want to be a marine engineer, I'm sure you had the required combination of subject in your +2.
Now, to get admission is Marine Engineering and Research Institute-Kolkata; one of the best institute for pursing marine engineering, approved by the Directorate General of Shipping, you will have to qualify Joint Entrance Examination conducted by the Indian Institute of Technology.
The maximum age limit to apply for the course is 20 years for candidates belonging to general category and 25 years for candidates belonging to Sc/St category.
For more information, refer to the official webpage of Marine Engineering and Research Institute(MERI).
21st January 2012, 07:30 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am i eligible for Marine Engineering course after scoring 60% in class 12th?

For pursuing marine engineering course at bachelor level, you must have completed 12th Chemistry, English, Mathematics, and Physics from a recognized institute. The duration of the bachelor’s degree course is 4 years. To get admission to this course, you have to qualify in any of the entrance exams. Some of the entrance exams are Indian maritime University Common Entrance Test, Marine Engineering & Research Institute Entrance Exam, IIT Joint Entrance Examination, etc. The best places to pursue the course include Indian Institute of Technology at Mumbai, Marine Engineering and Research Institute at Kolkata, Mangalore University, Cochin University, etc.
8th April 2012, 04:34 PM
Unregistered

sir we doing b.e marine enginearing but our collage is not a approved dgs...do u can gme and other cource a deail of this cource
8th April 2012, 09:53 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rs828265 View Post
HI!
I am happy to inform you that you are eligible for Marine engineering course.

For admission in top college you have to qualify the entrance exam like:-
> I.I.T-J.E.E
> A.I.E.E.E
etc

Top marine engineering college are:-
> Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
> Indian Institute of Technology,Bombay
> Tolani Maritime Institute (TMI), Pune
> Samundra Institute of Maritime Studies- Mumbai
> International Maritime Institute (IMI), Delhi
> Maharashtra Academy of Naval Education and Training (MANET), Pune
> Institute of Technology & Marine Engineering (ITME), Kolkata

GOOD LUCK!
24th April 2012, 04:13 PM
Unregistered

give me some information about marine engineering just like top colleges & fee structure & seats available for obc
29th December 2012, 12:03 PM
Unregistered

hai sir iam studing in 12th std i wearing spects if i joint in marine??????
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?