12th October 2015, 11:57 AM
kuljinder1

Am I eligible for MCA after M.Sc IT from PTU under lateral entry?

ln 2008 i was completed my PGDCA from GNDU university and in 2009 i was done MSC-IT from PTU under later entry. I wana do MCA after this but is there i'm eligible for this or not if yes then can i do MCA regular ? tell me the about the MCA enterens test and when it will held ?

12th October 2015, 06:35 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for MCA after M.Sc IT from PTU under lateral entry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuljinder1 View Post
ln 2008 i was completed my PGDCA from GNDU university and in 2009 i was done MSC-IT from PTU under later entry. I wana do MCA after this but is there i'm eligible for this or not if yes then can i do MCA regular ? tell me the about the MCA enterens test and when it will held ?
Yes, you are eligible for MCA course.

MCA stands for Master in Computer Application.

If you have completed graduation degree from a recognized university with above 50% marks then you are eligible for MCA admission but Mathematics subject is compulsory in your throughout studies.

List of the MCA entrance exams are, NIMCET, IIT-JAM, JNU, DU, VITMEE, TANCET, RMCAT, OLET (Haryana), BHU, IPU, KMAT etc.
12th October 2015, 07:45 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you will be eligible for MCA after M.Sc IT from PTU under lateral entry.

MCA is a post graduate course in Computer Application.It is a three year duration course.

The eligibility required to get admission for MCA course are as under:-

-The candidate should have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university .

-The candidate must have studied Mathematics as a subject in class 10+2 or Graduation level.

-There is no age bar to apply for this course.
13th October 2015, 12:37 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for the regular Master of Computer Applications. The minimum qualification for the MCA is that candidate should have done bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

Apart from the given degree which you have obtained, you must have studied mathematics at 10+2 level which is one of the essential qualification for the MCA course. You can apply for the national level entrance exam like NIMCET, IIT JAM etc for admission in top college for MCA.

Notification for these exams are released in month of March to April every year.
13th October 2015, 11:51 PM
H Rimmy

Yes definitely you are eligible for MCA after doing MSc IT.MCA is a 2 years post graduation degree course.

MCA stands for Master in Computer Application.There is no any entrance test for MCA .

You should have passed 12th with minimum 50% marks or graduate from any recognized university.There is no any age limitation is required.
14th October 2015, 10:40 AM
kuljinder1

I have not studied mathematics at 10+2 level and graduate level then what can i do nw
14th October 2015, 10:42 AM
kuljinder1

I have studied mathematics at 10+2 level and graduation level but can i do nw
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?