5th January 2012, 01:38 PM
gaurav1523

Am i eligible for Ph.D? I've completed my graduation and post graduation through correspondence

i hv completed my graduation & post graduation from correspondence.
Am i eligible for Ph.d?
reply me on my email id..

Related Questions:
  1. Is it necessary to secure 50% in Graduation to study PhD?
  2. Am I eligible for Ph.D after completing graduation and post graduation through correspondence?
  3. Am i eligible for Ph.D? I've completed my graduation and post graduation through correspondence
  4. Eligibility to study PhD for a candidate who has completed Graduation in Media Mass and Post Graduation in English?
  5. Correspondence PhD in Chemistry is available in Gujarat?
  6. Am I eligible to become lecturer if I have completed my post graduation course through correspondence mode?
  7. Am I eligible to do PhD if having lot of gap between Graduation and Post Graduation?
  8. Am I eligible to study Post Graduation in Economics being a B.Com graduate?
  9. Am I eligible to appear for UGC exam after scoring 46% in graduation and 52% in Post Graduation? I am from General Category -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Is it mandatory to study Post Graduation for doing PhD program?
  11. Courses for post graduation in correspondence education after completing B.Com from KU? -- [New]
  12. Am I eligible fro Ph.D after passing PGDBA in finance through correspondence?
  13. Eligibility to do correspondence PhD in Dietetics for PG Diploma holder?
  14. How to do B.Ed course by correspondence method? I have completed PG in Botany
  15. Will I be eligible for lecturer job if I have done post graduation via correspondence mode?
  16. What is the procedure followed to apply for Ph.D after completion of under graduation through correspondence in Madras university?
  17. Am I eligible to do PhD if secured 75% in Post Graduation Diploma in Media Studies?
  18. Which is more preferred between Graduation and Correspondence Graduation when getting admitted to MBA?
28th August 2012, 02:58 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am i eligible for Ph.D? I've completed my graduation and post graduation through correspondence

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav1523 View Post
i hv completed my graduation & post graduation from correspondence.
Am i eligible for Ph.d?
reply me on my email id..
Candidate who seeks to pursue Phd program, from any of the recognized University, must have completed the Masters Degree in the subject concerned or in an allied subject, with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks [50% for reserved candidates] from a recognized University or Institute. Admission is through Written Test and Personal Interview. However, there are several other admission criteria which may vary from University to University. Like, to pursue Phd from Guru Nanak Dev University, candidates are exempted from the Written Test, if one has qualified UGC [NET]/ UGC-CSIR [JRF] examination/ SLET/GATE/INSPIRE/Rajiv Gandhi Fellowship awardees/teacher-fellowship holders, or have passed M.Phil. from Guru Nanak Dev University. On the other side, if a candidate is seeking to pursue Phd program, from Christ University, one must hold a M.Phil Degree with the Masters. Exemption from having M.Phil degree is granted to such candidates who have sufficient experience in the related research field, and given, the University satisfies.

As far as the Degree pursued through distance mode is concerned, one is eligible if the Degree is obtained from a recognized University. However, for detail information, one must refer to the official website of the University of Concern and contact the department.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?