22nd March 2015, 10:21 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do PhD if having lot of gap between Graduation and Post Graduation?

Hi Sir,
My education track is have much gap
to under graduation to Post Graduation
so I am eligible for PhD or not?
Please reply as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. How can I get admission in IIT being a student of Diploma in Electronics & Communication Engineering?
  2. Am I eligible to study Post Graduation in Economics being a B.Com graduate?
  3. Am i eligible to appear in UPTET? I've less than 50% marks in graduation but attained more than 50% marks in both post graduation and B.Ed
  4. After diploma in CSE can I join MCA? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. PhD can be done after MBBS without PG?
  6. Eligibility to get admission in B.Ed for a candidate who has secured 59% in Post Graduation and 44% in Graduation?
  7. Can I do B.Ed having 40% in graduation but 50% in post graduation?
  8. After doing MBA can I do CS course? What is the procedure to apply and what is the minimum percentage in graduation or post graduation ?
  9. Can I apply for B.Ed course with 50% marks in Graduation and 53% in Post Graduation?
  10. Am I eligible for PO Exams having scored 56% in Graduation and 62% in Post Graduation?
  11. For which institute am I eligible for post graduation? Information about CEPT and NID?
  12. Am I Eligible for post graduation in Actuarial Science?
  13. Which post graduation course I can opt for after completion of B.Com?
  14. Whether i am Eligible for NET SET?
  15. Am I eligible for CA after scoring 50% in PG(MCA)?
  16. Am I eligible for IFBI programs if I am currently doing my Post Graduation?
  17. Am I eligible to do PhD if having lot of gap between Graduation and Post Graduation? -- [New]
  18. Am i eligible for a regular post graduation courses? What should i choose between MBA or M.Sc? I have done my B.Sc degree through distance learning program
27th March 2015, 10:13 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do PhD if having lot of gap between Graduation and Post Graduation?

If you have completed Post Graduation with at least 55% marks and there is no gap after that then you won't face any problem in my opinion. Hence, apply for Ph.D admission if you fulfill this percentage criteria. There is relaxation of 5% marks for candidates who belong to reserved category.

Admission in most Universities will be based on the scores obtained in the NET/SLET/JRF. Therefore, you must qualify any of these exams along with your Master's degree then only you can get admission in top Universities.
4th April 2015, 10:59 PM
kunalroy89

Default Re: Am I eligible to do PhD if having lot of gap between Graduation and Post Graduation?

There are various criterias for different Universities about admission in Ph.D BUT this GAP is NOT one of them.
Most people have gap between Bachelors and Masters as due to work pressure etc so it is completely normal.
This will not hamper your admission to Ph.D in any University.
You must check on the website of your desired University to know about their specific criteria for admission whereas by some examination OR directly Masters Marks Basis or through NET/SET etc.
Your gap in education does not matters.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?