11th November 2011, 09:58 PM
Unregistered

Am i eligible for PSU job after pursuing PGDM in Marketing

hi sir i m pramod persuing pgdm in marketing. m i eligible for psu job?

28th November 2016, 08:38 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Am i eligible for PSU job after pursuing PGDM in Marketing

PGDM stands for Post Graduate Diploma in Management and it is a full time 2 years program (equivalent to MBA) which you are already done with.

Also, marketing is one of the niche domains of MBA which you have done and so it is highly recommended that you look for a career in the same line. It would really benefit you in the longer run.

Otherwise if you wish to apply for PSUs, here are a few ways that you can consider applying in PSUs but it would be really tough to get a job in any of the PSUs:

1. Make sure you are a B.Tech and so you can give GATE - Graduate Aptitude Test of Engineering which is conducted by the IITs to select candidates for M.Tech in various IITs and NITs. Also, for your kind information there are many PSUs such as NTPC, BHEL, ONGC etc that recruit directly through a candidates performance in GATE Exam.

2. Thus, take this exam really seriously. Please note that being a B.Tech is a bare minimum qualification required to appear for GATE.

3. Note that there is no age limit for giving GATE exam but there is age limit for getting jobs in a PSU which is 28 years for General.

4. Also, you have to almost top the exam to get calls from all these top notch PSUs. It is then taken care of by GD sessions and Personal Interviews. It is not easy getting a job in any of the PSUs in India.

Another way of getting a job in such PSUs are through referral drives/MLA quotas and all. These are not much disclosed but you may try to find out through sources if there are internal requirements in any of the PSUs and accordingly supply your CV there.

However, if you are talking about being eligible only with your PGDM degree and if you are not a B.Tech from a recognised university then it would not really be possible to get a job in PSUs and specially in technical domains.

If you wish to try for areas in Marketing, HR etc you may have to visit their corporate offices and check for vacancies, check rozgaar samachar newspapers and do a lot of research about their hiring and seasons.
27th July 2019, 03:13 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am i eligible for PSU job after pursuing PGDM in Marketing

Hi Sir, I'm Nidhi. Am i eligible for PSU jobs after PGDM from HR and marketing field. But i had completed graduation from Bachelor in science (Maths and physics)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?