18th August 2010, 04:44 PM
potupaul

Am I eligible to sit for AIMCET after scoring 60% above in 10th, 12th?

hello,
my name is avijit.i am a final year student of bsc(i.t) which i am doing through distance education @ kuvempu university.
I have 60% above aggregrate marks in my 10,12 and till grads.
i had business maths in my 10+2.

So my query is that if i am eligible to sit for AIMCET
and all other entrance exam available for MCA.
If i am eligible than please refer me the exam name
and also the procedures to apply.
And suggest me i will face any issues for my distance education while applying for colleges of MCA.

thank you
yours faithfully
avijit paul

24th February 2012, 09:00 AM
simmi9044

Default Re: Am I eligible to sit for AIMCET after scoring 60% above in 10th, 12th?

AIMCET 2012
All India MCA Common Entrance Test has been recognized with some of the highest esteemed because of the high standard as well as the level of transparency involved. The Test is conducted for candidates who are seeking to undertake admission in the IIT for the course of Computer Application at the post graduate level. The examination has been deemed as the most reputed entrance exam held for undertaking admission in the PG based degree for the course of Computer Application. Eligibility: 1. The candidate must be of Indian nationality. 2. The candidate must also have passed class 12th examination in any stream with mathematics as a main subject. 3. The candidate should also be a graduate with at least 3 year
degree. 4. The candidate appearing for the final year examination can also apply for MCA examination. Examination pattern: 1. Mathematics – 100 Questions 2. Computer Awareness – 40 Questions 3. Analytical ability & Logical Reasoning – 40 Questions 4. General Awareness –20 Questions About The Examination: The last date of the receipt of the form is generally kept in the end of April. The admit cards are then dispatched by the mid of May, and the examination is held in the 1st week of June. Though the dates for AIMCET 2012 is not yet announced, it is believed that probably it will lie somewhere in the first week of June 2012. Contact details: Office of AIMCET,
Centre for Continuing Education (New Block),
Indian Institute of Technology
Roorkee,
Roorkee - 247 667 (Uttaranchal)
Phone Number: 01332-285832
Email address: [email protected]
BHU MCA Entrance Exam Banaras Hindu University conducts Undergraduate and Postgraduate Entrance Tests for admission to various Undergraduate and Postgraduate Courses at national level. Eligibility: Candidates who are Indian and have passed or are appearing in the Bachelor's degree final examination in any discipline from any recognized university with Mathematics or Statistics as one of the Subjects in 10+2+3 pattern are eligible to appear and qualify in the written test. Entrance Exam 2012 Paper: The test paper will be of multiple choices. There are 3 subjects covered in the test – Mathematical Ability, Elementary Computer Knowledge and Reasoning Aptitude. Application Form: The Application Form can be obtained from the counter or through post by sending a written request mentioning the name of the course. Candidates can obtain the Application Form from the official website – www.bhu.ac.in IMPORTANT DATES : •Sale of Forms: February 15, 2012
•Last Date for: Receipt of Postal Requisition for Forms: February 26, 2012
•Sale of Forms from Counter: March 3, 2012
•Submitting Forms by hand or
post (without late fee): March 10, 2012
•Submitting Forms by hand or
post (with late fee): March 3, 2012. Contact Details: The Controller of the Examinations
Banaras Hindu University
Phone: 0542-2368418, 2307255-58
Fax: 0542-2368418
E -mail: [email protected]
(West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam MCA) is a yearly entrance exam which is conducted by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board. There are 7 cities in West Bengal in which JECA is conducted: Barddhaman, Durgapur, Krishnagar, Medinipur, Siliguri, Kolkata and Howrah.For admission in to MCA course in various Government and Private Colleges and Universities in West Bengal students have to secure high marks in JECA. The examination provides admission in to all the universities and colleges which are affiliated to AICTE and provide MCA course. Eligibility: To apply for JECA a candidate must have a bachelor’s degree with Maths/Statistics as a subject. Those in the final year of their graduation can also apply. There is no age limit for applying in this course. Availability of Application
forms for JECA: The forms for JECA are expected to be available by May in designated branches of United Bank of India. The form can also be obtained by post from West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board by sending a Demand Draft along with the request for form. Important Dates: •Issue of admission forms: April 1st week, 2012
•Last date for the reception of the admission forms: First week of May, 2012
•Date of the JECA examination: Second week of June, 2012
•Last Date for receipt of completed application forms: 2nd week of May, 2012 Important details for the examination:- • The test will be conducted in last week of June.
• Timing for the examination will be from 12 Noon to 2:30 PM.
• The JECA examination is divided into two parts :- 1. Part A: -Aptitude test (100 marks for 1 hour) 2. Part B: -Mathematics (100 marks for 1 and ˝ hour) Syllabus: (i) Reasoning
(ii) Problem Solving
(iii) Quantitative Comparison
(iv) Discrete Quantitative Analysis
(v) Data Interpretation. Contact Details: West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board,
AQ-13/1, Sector - V, Salt Lake City,
Kolkata - 700 091
Phone: 033 - 23671198, 23671199
Fax No. 033 - 23671149
Email: [email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?