14th April 2013, 01:41 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to take admission in any Law course through correspondence?

I did my hotel management from NCHMCTAN Bhopal in1999 simultaneously i completed my graduation through correspondence from University of Delhi in 2000. i am 35 years of age; am i eligible for taking admission in any law course through correspondence.let me know if possible through which colleges.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I study Law course in Correspondence having done BA course in Correspondence and being a House Wife?
  2. How may I take admission in 3 years law degree through correspondence? What's the eligibility criteria? I'm a student of National defence academy(Khadagwasla)
  3. What all BCI recognized correspondence Law courses are there? -- [New]
  4. Am I eligible for correspondence law courses if I have done 12th 12 years back with 49% marks?
  5. How may I do law degree through correspondence? I'm a commerce graduate from DU with 40% marks
  6. How may I do my Masters in Law through Correspondence? I've done my LLB degree from Madras university in B.Tech at Madras Law college on a regular 5 years integrated course and secured 48% marks
  7. Can I get any NLU after scoring 80 marks in CLAT? I had a domicile of Chhattisgarh
  8. Can I join correspondence course in law after passing two years of graduation? Will it be useful for finding jobs in civil or defense?
  9. List of universities providing correspondence course in law after passing 2nd year? Will I be eligible for legal career as in defence or in civil? I'm a student of NDA(Khadagwasla)
  10. Is there any correspondence course for law stream?
  11. Can I do LLB through correspondence? Which universities are offering Law correspondence course?
  12. How to get admission in law through IGNOU in correspondence? Which is best for me between LLB and LLM?
  13. Is there any correspondence course for Law stream in Dinabandhu law college
  14. Details for joining Ph.D in Law after passing ML?
  15. Admission procedure for Law correspondence course through IGNOU after 10+2? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Universities in India providing LLM through correspondence? Is NALSAR university providing correspondence course for LLM?Is there any university providing LLM with MBA with specialization in Law, HR through Correspondence?
  17. Any chance to do LLB in evening through distance mode from Hyderabad?
  18. How to get admission in Government College of Law Mumbai, Faculty of Law Delhi and ILS Pune? What is the admission procedure for 3 years course?
20th July 2013, 12:31 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible to take admission in any Law course through correspondence?

I would like to do BL in correspondence. I am MBA finished professional. If i do in correspondence , can i practice law in court. i.e can i be able advocate people cases in court.
20th July 2013, 08:35 AM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to take admission in any Law course through correspondence?

Hi Friend..................

Required Eligibility For LAW Course

>> B.A. L.L.B: This is a 5-year course and the students can pursue this course after passing Class 12.

>> L.L.B.: This is a 3-year course, open for graduates.

>> L.L.M.: This is a postgraduate course in Law. The duration of the course is 2year. Students can pursue this course after completing B.A. L.L.B. or L.L.B.

>> In addition to LL.B. degree, many universities and institutes also offer other diploma courses in several disciplines of law, including Administrative Law, International Law, Labor Laws, Tax Laws and Corporate Laws

>> In the majority of the institutes/universities, selection is on the basis of an entrance exam. The examination is usually objective type in nature. The examination pattern covers questions on areas such as :-

** Reasoning

** General Awareness

** Legal Aptitude

** Numerical Aptitude

** Political Science (Preliminary)

all the best.................

Regards..............
Tash
20th July 2013, 06:46 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

You may be able to take admission for correspondence course although it will be of no use. Unfortunately there is not a single under graduate correspondence law course which is accepted by the Bar Council of India.

This simply means that if you have completed under gradaute law degree through correspondence or distance education then you will not be able to register with the local bar association. It also means that you can not practice as the lawyer.

Therefore there is no point of doing the degree through correspondence. As far as doing the LLB through regular mode is concerned, I am afraid that is also not possible.

As mentioned in question, your age is 35 years. It means that you have already crossed the age limit to apply for this course. The Bar Council of India is pretty serious about age limit since you won't be given admission in any college.

35 is the age limit for SC/ST. Even they can apply for the course before turning 35 years old. What this means is that even if you belongs to SC/ST, it will not be possible to take admission for the LLB course.

I will simply suggest you to consider some other career option. LLB is not an option.

LLB Eligibility

1. Complete graduation in any stream.

2. Minimum of 45 to 50 percent marks.

3. There is 5 percent marks relaxation for SC/ST.

4. Your age should be below 30 years to apply.

5. The age limit is 35 years for SC/ST.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?