2nd June 2012, 02:07 AM
Ranapriyo

Am I eligible for TCS on campus job?

Sir, I pass 10 standard with 75.87% marks, 10(+2) with 49.8% (Math as Elective), Diploma in ETCE with 78.57%, have 1 year gap after Diploma. Now doing B. TECH in ECE. Am I eligible for TCS On-campus job ?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to attend TCS Off-Campus Interview if secured 61% in 10th, 53% in 12th and 6.68 CGPA in B.Tech?
  2. Am I eligible to get job in TCS if secured 59.94% in graduation?
  3. Am I eligible for TCS campus placement if I have scored only 54% marks in 10th?
  4. Am I eligible for TCS campus placement with 59% marks in HSC?
  5. How can I join Tata Consultancy Services after completing B.Tech?
  6. Am I eligible to attend TCS Off-Campus Interview if secured 75.67% in 10th, 65.71% in 12th and 6.71 CGPA upto 3rd year of B.Tech(EIE)?
  7. Am I eligible for TCS off campus recruitment? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Can I attend TCS Off-Campus Interview for Software Engineer post if rejected for Back Office post? When I can reapply for TCS Off-Campus Drive?
  9. Am I eligible for TCS off campus recruitment? I have scored CGPA of 6.5 -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Am I eligible for TCS campus recruitment process?
  11. What is the eligibility for TCS on campus?
  12. Am I eligible to appear in TCS On-Campus Interview if completed 12th in 2nd attempt?
  13. Eligibility to attend TCS On-Campus Interview for a candidate who has secured 58% in Graduation?
  14. How can I get job in TCS after experiencing in any small IT Firm being a B.Tech(IT) candidate? -- [New]
  15. Am I eligible for TCS off campus placement after having 1 backlog in 3rd year with an aggregate of 69%?
  16. Am I eligible for TCS campus placement with 72% in 10th and 76% in 12th and doing 3rd year B.E CSE?
  17. When I will get the joining letter from TCS after off-campus placement? Should I join TCS instead of looking for job in Infosys, Syntel and HCL?
  18. Will I be eligible for campus interview of Infosys, Wipro, TCS after scoring 7.4/10?
2nd June 2012, 07:47 AM
kutti.29
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for TCS on campus job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranapriyo View Post
Sir, I pass 10 standard with 75.87% marks, 10(+2) with 49.8% (Math as Elective), Diploma in ETCE with 78.57%, have 1 year gap after Diploma. Now doing B. TECH in ECE. Am I eligible for TCS On-campus job ?
hi,

[SIZE=4][SIZE=4]*you can apply for job and you can get job because you have some good qualifications

*Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) is India’s largest software consultancies company. It has also replaced Infosys from being the most preferred destination for engineering fresher students.
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][SIZE=4][SIZE=4]*The eligibility criteria[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=4][SIZE=4]for fresher engineering students along with those with less than 2 years experience are simpler than that of Infosys.
Let’s have a look on those criteria:
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][SIZE=4][SIZE=4]*1. Minimum 60% marks throughout from 10th to Graduation, or post graduation. It means to say that if a student has secured less than 60% marks at any stage of his educational career then he will be summarily rejected to apply for TCS at entry level. Though, he may apply after getting more than 2 years of work experience. One more thing that one should keep in mind is the calculation of eligibility marks in graduation level. TCS will not see the marks obtained by candidates in their degree which is provided by concerned university according to their own formula, but the marks of whole semester will be added and then will be divided by the number of semesters – 8 for engineering degree and 6 for MCA.
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][SIZE=4] 
[/SIZE][SIZE=4][SIZE=4]*1. Academic Gap:[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=4][SIZE=4] Candidates applying for TCS should not have a gap of more than one year during their whole academic career. One year gap is acceptable, but two or more is not. Lots of students dropped their admission after 12th in search of better college; if they have dropped for more than one year then they will be rejected for entry level (fresher) position in TCS.
*Other than these two requirements, TCS didn’t ask for anything else. If you are eligible then apply through your college or make a direct application on TCS portal. TCS will call you accordingly to participate in campus drive – if applied through college, or off campus drive – if applied directly
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=4][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=4]all the best,,,!!!!!!
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
2nd June 2012, 08:18 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for TCS on campus job?

Quote:

TATA CONSULTANCY SERVICES is the Top level MNC company.TCS conduct On-campus or Off-Campus placement for B-TECH , M-TECH , MCA candidate only.Final year of those degree candidate are applicable for TCS exam.

If you have through out 60% in career then you are applicable for TCS company.Pending Backlog candidate are not eligible for TCS.

One year gap through out career are applicable for TCS.

You have one year gap in your academic section but it will not create any problem.Because they are consider one year gap in career.

Your through out career marks is below 60% so you are applicable for TCS.Because your 12th standard marks is below 60% .

So more details about TCS you can visit to http://www.tcs.com/

4th June 2012, 03:13 PM
yudhveergvs
Senior Member+

Campus Placement

On Campus placements are easy than off campus. So try to get placed as early as possible.

Their are three main rounds in any placements :

1. Aptitude : almost companies organizes the aptitude tests
- Reasoning
- Numerical
- Logical Ability

IMP: It's important to make your apti as strong as possible because it is the key to go forward in placements.

2. GD
- Depends on company that they want to conduct the GD's or not
- Most of the time GD's are converted in to extempore or Introduction.

3. Interviews
- HR interview
- Technical Interview

IMP : more important is HR interview , you have to convince the HR that you are best suitable for their company.

For clearing technical interview you need a very basic preparation of your skills and specially for the projects you have made.

Thins to focus on :
Formal dressing belt matching with your shoes ad also with folder in your left hand.

Brush up your communication skills, they check your fluency in English in HR.

Speaks softly and clearly with smile on your face do not show nervousness on your face.
4th June 2012, 03:17 PM
yudhveergvs
Senior Member+

For qualifying in TCS you need to be perfect in English.You should be strong in the aptitude part.Please just go though the previous year question papers so that you have a clear cut about it.

You can get all the placement papers of the MNC's in the following link

http://placementpapers.net/helpingroot/tcs

Since the test conducted is online you should be even quick in typing.

all the best

22nd June 2012, 01:07 AM
Unregistered

sir, " my perchantage are above 65% in 10th, 12th &b.tech also to till this time (6th sem)..but i have three year gap between 12th and b.tech(first year), am i elligible for t.c.s or not??
24th June 2012, 06:21 PM
navjotsidhupamal
Senior Member++

hello friend..!!

->
TATA CONSULTANCY SERVICES is the Top level MNC company.TCS conduct On-campus or Off-Campus placement for B-TECH , M-TECH , MCA candidate only.Final year of those degree candidate are applicable for TCS exam.

->If you have through out 60% in career then you are applicable for TCS company.

->Pending Backlog candidate are not eligible for TCS.

->One year gap through out career are applicable for TCS.

->You have one year gap in your academic section but it will not create any problem.

->Because they are consider one year gap in career.

->Your through out career marks is below 60% so you are applicable for TCS.Because your 12th standard marks is below 60% .

thank u..!!

best wishes from navjot..!!
26th June 2012, 01:37 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir,
As your requirement means who had got in 10th less then 60% they are not eligible to further education. what i am trying to say that those who had taken less than 60%,they had got above 60% at 12th and graduation,it means,they improved after 10th know,why are you deciding only based upon 10th, sir could you see after the 10th for eligible?, because why i am requesting you that who had got above 60%, in further studies they had not got 60%,here you compare two kinds student, in which ,who are the best sir?.
14th December 2012, 02:15 AM
Unregistered

dear sir,
i completed btech ,10th with 60%..In btech i have one backlog ..bt in jntuk we have choice of leaving 2 subs.so i left 1backlog sub..In diploma i have 59.75%..can i elgible for apply job in tcs?
15th May 2014, 09:16 AM
Unregistered

dear sir,
i have been selected in TCS ignite, fufilling all the criteria of 10th,12th nd graduation with 60% above. i dn't have any backlogs , any arrears or gaps. bt unfortunately i have failed in one optional subject in 12th. will that subject creat any prblem for me during joining.?
25th October 2015, 10:53 PM
work@home

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for TCS on campus job?

Quote:
TCS Application nowadays is processing through their web portal NextStep.
You can be apply as a on campus or off campus applicant. If your college/University is enlisted by TCS, then you are a, On Campus Applicant. Otherwise you can opt for off campus and follow the registration. Once you are completed with filling all the online applications, your updated resume, photo should be uploaded. After the verification is completed successfully, you will get mails regarding requirements conducted at various colleges in your state or nearby locality. You can follow the instructions and appear for the the aptitude test as initial, then would be informed through email if you are selected. Later you will have to go through various levels of interviews at various times. This is an abstract of TCS campus selection process.
27th October 2015, 02:21 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Hello
Acronym of TCS - Tata Consultancy Services.
TCS Application these days is preparing through their web gateway NextStep.
You are eligible to apply either on campus or off campus candidate.
*In the event that you have through out 60% in profession then only you are relevant for TCS organization.

*Pending Backlog applicants are not qualified for TCS.

*One year gap through out profession are relevant for TCS.

*You have one year gap in your scholarly segment,it won't make any issue.
Because they are think of one as year crevice in vocation.

*Your through out vocation imprints is beneath 60% so you are relevant for TCS. Because your twelfth standard imprints is underneath 60%.
30th October 2015, 12:54 AM
rdileep

Since you scored only 49.8% in 10+2, you are not eligible for TCS. Not only for TCS, many companies will not hire you as a fresher.

As a fresher, 60% is necessary in all the studies. Then only you can apply for TCS campus job or for any other company.

But there is nothing much to worry. Many small companies were there.

You get in small companies at least and do job for few years.

Then apply for TCS. This is a good way for you.

TCS rounds are
Written Exam
Group Discussion
Interview
30th October 2015, 01:56 PM
nagam.

49.8% is too low percentage in 12th class. This is not at all acceptable by companies.

Now a days, there are so many engineers coming out every year and hence the expectations by the companies from the candidates are increasing.

Having good percentage is one of the minimum expectation which you did not met. I am sorry you are not eligible for TCS campus job.

But you have good percentage in Diploma. Continue the same in B.Tech as well.

There are some companies which gives jobs only on the percentage of B.Tech by conducting some rounds like

Written exam
Interview

So, get good percentage at least in B.Tech and apply for such companies.
30th October 2015, 04:14 PM
sanju0770

Friend,

TCS Stands for TATA Consultancy service which is one of the most reputed software and IT Company of India. There are various criteria fixed by TCS and various exam which are held in order to recruit some one for the job. If you have less than 60& in any class from 10th to Engineering then you are not eligible. If you have a backlog then also you are not eligible. If you are okay with the above criteria then also there is very tough competition and your subject knowledge must be very good in order to crack the exam.

All the best
6th July 2019, 05:39 PM
Unregistered

Sir in my 12 science i had no math but i do bsc cs can i eligible for tcs or wipro mncs company
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?