13th June 2014, 01:21 AM
Unregistered

When I will get the joining letter from TCS after off-campus placement? Should I join TCS instead of looking for job in Infosys, Syntel and HCL?

sir,
I got placed in TCS off campus placement drive from A GRADE TIT MAIN COLLEGE BHOPAL. I want to know when I ll get joining letter and call from TCS ??? and another thing I want to ask do I go for TCS or I should apply for another company like INFOSYS, Syntel and HCL??

14th June 2014, 04:10 PM
Support
Forum Staff

Thumbs up Re: When I will get the joining letter from TCS after off-campus placement?

Usually you will get the joining letter pretty soon in 2-3 weeks after you get selected from TCS campus or off-campus placement but sometimes they will take some time to send the letter if the projects are not yet assigned. I have heard from my friends who joined 6 months later after the selection process too. So, you need to be patient enough to wait till the time they will call you back but for sure they will call you back at any time.

You can always contact the HR representative who took the interview for you in TCS via phone or email. Make sure that you be polite in words when you ask for the details. If you don't have the contact you can check with college officials where you have attended the placement for TCS.

It doesn't meant that you need to just simply sit idle for all the days till when TCS going to call. You can just start applying for various other companies like Wipro, Accenture etc.. also companies like Nokia, Samsung, Cisco etc which are the major product companies. Do prepare for the placement rounds every day and start applying for all the opportunities you get. I have attached some of the common preparation materials in this post which would help you to prepare well for the placements. Go through it and start your preparation right away.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?