26th May 2015, 11:39 PM
Unregistered

Any chance to get admission in any NIT/IIIT after scoring 73 in JEE mains

My jee mains score is 73(obc),and cbse % is 83.4%.Is there any chances of getting admisssion in any NIT/IIIT or any other best college and in which stream?

27th May 2015, 01:57 AM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Default Re: Any chance to get admission in any NIT/IIIT after scoring 73 in JEE mains

No there is no chance to get admitted in NIT or IIT - (National Institute of technology / Indian Institute of Technology) because the truth is that you scored poor marks in JEE exam , top 1,50,000 students are selected for IIT and with these marks you are not in top 1,50,000 students ,

I suggests you take admission in any government college of engineering if anyone college provides you admission otherwise you have only one option that is drop your precious one year and prepare better than last year

27th May 2015, 01:21 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Any chance to get admission in any NIT/IIIT after scoring 73 in JEE mains

Yes there is a good chance for you for getting admission in NIT/IIIT for your engineering course having scored 73 marks in JEE Mains and 83.4% in your CBSE 12th board examinations being a OBC candidate .

As to get admission in the NIT one would have to clear the JEE Mains along with the good percentage in their respective board examinations .

Now as you belong to the OBC category and have scored 73 marks in your JEE Mains so you have qualified the JEE Mains as for the same category the cutoff marks is 70 Marks for 2015 but for the general category it is 105 marks .Also as you have managed to secure 83.4 % in your 12th CBSE board Which too is a good marks so you can fancy your chances for getting admission in the NIT.

The final merit list for the same examinations for selection of students for particular college with the particular stream is released after the results of JEE Advance .So for the confirmation of your admission in the NIT you will have to wait till the final merit is released i.e; about 20th June 2015 .

For more updates regarding the same log on to the official link of CBSE

i.e;www.cbse.nic.in .

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?