18th May 2012, 09:50 AM
kkisku1

Any chance to get admission in IIT after scoring 878 in WBJEE in ST category?

Sir, my jee 2012 rank is 878 under st category. Is there any chance of getting admission in iit? What other options do I have?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get a chance in NIT Durgapur after scoring 1644 in WBJEE in SC category
  2. Can I get a chance for admission in government/autonomous university after scoring 40420 in WBJEE?
  3. Is there any chance to get admission in IIT college after scoring 151 marks in IIT? I belong to SC category
  4. Will I get a chance to get admission in government college after scoring 76000 rank in WBJEE?
  5. Can I get a chance for WBJEE medical exam after scoring 259 in 12th science? I am a general candidate
  6. Can I get a chance in any government college after scoring 1883 in WBJEE -- [New]
  7. Any chance for admission in medical college after scoring 2745 rank in WBJEE medical? Number of seats available in WBJEE?
  8. Admission in Jadavpur University in ETC,EE,CE after scoring 318 rank in WBJEE under SC category? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Is there any chance to get admission in any NIIT/IIT college after scoring 198 in GATE
  10. List of top 15 colleges of Techno India Group after scoring 51541 in WBJEE? Do I have a chance for admission?
  11. Will I get a chance to get into engineering college after scoring 38,194 in WBJEE engineering? Any chance of getting admission in Kolkata engineering college?
  12. Best institutes after score of 508 in GATE and belonging to general category? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Any chance to get admission in any medical college in WB after scoring 3046 in WBJEE?
  14. Do I have any any chance to get admitted in Medical or Dental college after scoring 2138 rank in WBJEE medical?
  15. Is there any chance of getting admission into IIT or NIT after scoring 271 in GATE?
  16. Do I have a chance for admission in government medical college as a general caste candidate after scoring 137 marks in WBJEE?
  17. Can I get a chance in government engineering college after scoring 10254 rank in WBJEE?
  18. Any chance to get into government medical college after scoring 108 marks in WBJEE medical
30th May 2012, 11:06 AM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Any chance to get admission in IIT after scoring 878 in WBJEE in ST category?

Hi

I am sorry to say but your question is not clear. You have not mentioned that whether yo are talking about the IIT JEE or the WB JEE.

As you would know that IIT's are the top most technical institutions chain in our country and the rush to get in them is also huge..So it conducts the IIT JEE i.e Joint Entrance Examination for the selection of the merit based students..

Also WB JEE stands for the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination which is state Competitive Exam conducted by the West Bengal board for the selection of the students for their own state colleges like Jadavpur University, Shibpur Bengal Engineering Colleges, Techno India, etc...

Now I feel that you do not know the difference between these two JEE's. So coming to your case, if you have scored 878 rank in the WB JEE in ST category, you can easily get admission in the top 2 colleges mentioned above under the WB JEE.
Also if you have got 878 rank in the IIT JEE then also you have a very strong chance of getting the top 5 colleges if not the course of your choice.

But If you have scored 878 rank in the WB JEE, then you will NOT get any admission in the IIT's with this score as the score of the WB JEE is only considered for the West Bengal state colleges and Universities.
For admission in the IIT's, they have their own Entrance IIT JEE, which you have to clear to get into them.

Apart from these, 878 rank is good enough that SURELY you will get admission in some good engineering college under ST Category. So you need not look for other options at all.

Hope for the best

All the best

Regards
RANJEET
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?