28th August 2015, 06:00 PM
Sagar Subhash Korwar

Application forms of railway engineer? I am a diploma civil engineering student

I want to apply for entrance exam for railway dept. I am a diploma civil engineer how to and where should i go to make it done.

28th August 2015, 08:42 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Application forms of railway engineer? I am a diploma civil engineering student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagar Subhash Korwar View Post
I want to apply for entrance exam for railway dept. I am a diploma civil engineer how to and where should i go to make it done.
If you have completed diploma course in Civil Engineering then you are eligible for railway department through Assistant Loco pilot exam.

The eligibility criteria for Assistant loco pilot exam is given below-

Eligible ITI departments are Fitter/Electrician/Instrument Mechanic/Mill Wright or Maintenance Mechanic/Mechanic Radio & TV/Electronics Mechanic/Mechanic Motor Vehicle/Wireman/Tractor Mechanic/Armature & Coil Winder/Mechanic Diesel/Heat Engine/Turner/Machinist/Refrigeration & AC Mechanic.

Eligible Diploma departments are Mechanical/Electrical/Electronics/Automobile Engineering.

Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years. Age relaxation provided for reserved category candidates.
29th August 2015, 10:21 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Application forms of railway engineer? I am a diploma civil engineering student

To be Railway engineer having completed diploma in civil engineering you need to clear SCRA examination.

SCRA stands for Special Class Railway Apprentice and the same examination is held once every year by Union Public Service Commission in two stages which are Written examination ( including three papers ) and Personality assessment test respectively.

The eligibility criteria for appearing in the same examination are as here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India with your age lying within 17 years to 21 years.

* You must have a higher secondary school degree with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as your main subjects or any other equivalent degree with at least 45% aggregate from a recognized university.

The examination is held in month of July for which the notification is released by the month of February. The applicant forms are made available on the official website of UPSC.

Students selected through this examination are offered B.tech degree from Railway engineering colleges and then are recruited as railway engineers.

For further details about the syllabus, question pattern, etc. you can log on to the official link of UPSC i.e; www.upsc.gov.in.
29th August 2015, 04:41 PM
Career advisor

You can join Indian railways in the post of JE(Junior Engineer).
*Eligobility:
You must have a diploma in any of the following Civil/Mechanical/Electrical/Communication/Electronics/IT/Instrumentation & Control.
*Selection Process:
You have to appear in the exam which is conducted by the RRB(Railway Recruitment Board).
The exam contains questions on the Basic concepts of Science, usually questions are asked on the class 10th standard.
Age Limit:
18-32
However,age relaxation of 5 years to SC/ST,
3 Years to OBC.
For more details you may visit
www.indianrail.gov.in
29th August 2015, 05:39 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagar Subhash Korwar View Post
Railway Recruitment notification 2015 for the posts of 2239 Section Engineer, Junior Engineer,Chemical Engineer and Metallurgical Assistant and Depot Material Superintend.

Eligibility:

Qualification : Should have completed B.E/B.Tech from recognized university.

Age Limit: 18-32 years.

Selection Procedure: RRB written exam and interview.

How to apply : Interested candidates needs to apply online through official RRB recruitment website www.indianrail.gov.in/ on before last date 26th July 2015. Unfortunately you have missed this year exam but not to worry keep your self updated by reading every day newspaper particularly "Employment Newspaper". There you will find all the latest jobs govrenmnet as well as private.

For more information you can also visit www.indianrail.gov.in/ for other posts like Ticket collector or any other.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?