24th February 2018, 12:49 AM
Soumya Hotagar

Availability of free medical seats for Schedule Caste category candidates in Karnataka

I am a Schedule Caste student who is poor and wants to study MBBS. I am from Karnataka. Whether I can get a free seat in any medical college in Karnataka or is there any interest free loan than please provide details?

Related Questions:
  1. Availability of government seats for MDS for SC category candidates?
  2. Is there any relaxation for Schedule Caste category candidates for NEET and AIIMS exam?
  3. Can I appear for IRS exam after completing B.Com and CA?
  4. Is there any age relaxation for Schedule Caste female candidates for Combined Defence Services (CDS)?
  5. Although, not eligible as per minimum height requirement for Army, will my NCC certificate and Schedule Caste category status be considered for Indian Army, BSF or CRPF?
  6. How many seats are reserved for SC/ST category at Jesus Mary College, New Delhi?
  7. Is there any reservation for Schedule Caste category students for getting admission in B.Ed? -- [New]
  8. How many PG medical seats are available in Karnataka? What is the distribution between PGET and COMEDK? What is the subjectwise seat availability?
  9. Admission requirements for Schedule Caste category candidates at Cotton University for B.Sc - 2018?
  10. How many times can a person appear in CAT exam?
  11. How many seats are available for schedule caste candidates in NIT for B.Arch course
  12. How many ST category seat are there in medical field in Karnataka?
  13. Eligibility and fees for BCA under INGOU for SC/ST caste category candidates?
  14. How many SC students are selected for IIT preparatory course? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Number of seats allotted for the candidates of OC category in Government Medical Colleges in Tamil Nadu?
  16. Is it true that the free seats in government colleges are increased this year? What are the available seats for OC female category students in Osmania and Gandhi medical colleges? Marks required in EAMCET to get a free seat?
  17. Are there any category seats in Secondary DNB?
  18. Difference between GE, OBC and OC?
27th February 2018, 06:32 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Availability of free medical seats for Schedule Caste category candidates in Karnataka

Since, you have mentioned that you are interested to get a free seat for pursuing MBBS ( Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery ) degree course then for that you just need to qualify NEET ( National Eligibility cum Entrance Test ) with the best rank possible as admission in medical college across India, whether private or government is based on the NEET performance only.

As far as you are concerned about the fee for pursuing MBBS degree course then you just not need to be worried much rather you should focus on the examination to get best rank for admission in government medical college whose fee is very minimal. Also, the loan procedure for getting loan ( and that to for reserved category candidates ) to pursue any professional degree course has got smoother and hence I would advise you to remain focused towards your preparation.

Apart from NEET you can also appear in AIIMS MBBS entrance examination or JIPMER MBBS entrance examination for getting admission in good government college with very minimal charge as compared to the fee of private medical colleges.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?