30th April 2017, 11:13 AM
Unregistered

B.Tech Instrumentation and Control Engineer can appear in IAS exam? Procedure to enroll?

I have completed b.tech in instrumentation and control engineering and I want to give ias exam of 2018. What is the eligibility criteria for appearing ias exam. Am I eligible to give ias exam. And what is the procedure to enroll for the exam and how to prepare for it. And what is the selection process for ias exam.

Related Questions:
  1. Which subject can I choose in IAS if I am a Instrumentation and Control Engineer?
  2. How can I enroll myself in PG courses in IIST after B.E instrumentation and control?
  3. How to do training in Automation being Electronics Instrumentation & Control engineer?
  4. How to pursue B.Tech in electronics and instrumentation engineering?
  5. Which Master degree are available for BE Instrumentation & Control engineer? Is there chance to get scholarship?
  6. How to get admission into Ph.D program in IIT Delhi after doing B.E in Instrumentation and Control and MS in Electrical Engineering from US?
  7. How SAP course can help a BE graduate to get a good job?
  8. Scope and career opportunities for B.Tech Instrumentation and Control and B.Tech Biomedical?
  9. Can a person pursuing B.Tech in instrumentation and control engineering branch apply for IES?
  10. What is the admission procedure to join B.Tech/B.E in Instrumentation Engineering?
  11. Can I join Merchant Navy after passing B.Tech in Instrumentation and Control
  12. Can an Instrumentation and Control Engineer take training in Indian Railways
  13. How to study abroad for my PG? I am a B.Tech instrumentation and control
  14. Organizations which require Instrumentation and Control Engineers?
  15. How an instrumentation and control engineer can get technical job with no relevant experience?
  16. How to do training in Automation? I have done B.Tech in Electronics Instrumentation and Control
  17. What is the scope of instrumentation and control engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Distance education institutes for BE / B.tech? I have done diploma in Control and Instrumentation engineering
30th April 2017, 03:55 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: B.Tech Instrumentation and Control Engineer can appear in IAS exam? Procedure to enroll?

Yes, you are eligible to appear for Civil Service examination in 2018. The examination is conducted by UPSC.

The eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university and age limit to appear for examination is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

The examination is conducted in three stages and candidates have to qualify in all stages for final selection.

You can apply for examination online at official website www.upsc.gov.in.
30th April 2017, 05:02 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: B.Tech Instrumentation and Control Engineer can appear in IAS exam? Procedure to enroll?

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. The academic qualification for Civil Services exam is bachelor's degree in any stream. As you have completed Bachelor of Technology in Instrumentation and Control Engineering, you can apply for this exam in 2018. The minimum age is 21 years.

The academic calendar is not uploaded on UPSC website for 2018. You must check it when it is uploaded. Date of notification is mentioned in calendar. When notification comes, candidates who meet academic criteria can apply for the exam at its official website.

This exam requires hard plus smart work. You can start your preparation through NIOS, NCERT, IGNOU books for social science. Good coaching institutes are Vajiram and Ravi IAS academy. You can join its June Batch for better preparation.
30th April 2017, 05:33 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Indian Administrative Services comes under Civil Services of Indian Government. UPSC is examination conducting authority for Civil Services examination. The eligibility criteria for Civil Services exam is:

>>Candidates from any discipline are eligible for Civil Services exam. B.Tech Instrumentation and Control Engineering candidate can apply for this exam.

>>Age limit is 21-32 years. The upper age limit for OBC candidate is 35 years and that for SC/ST is 37 years.

Selection Process of this exam: Candidates who pass all three stages Preliminary, Mains and interview are eligible for Civil Services exam. You can apply for this exam when notification is released for 2018 exam at UPSC official website.

How to prepare:

You should select your optional subject as per your interest. In case of General Studies preparation, start it with NCERT books as basic stage of preparation then move towards standard books like Polity by Laxmikant, History by Bipan Chandra, Economy by Ramesh Singh.
30th April 2017, 06:10 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility to appear for Civil Service examination is :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

The age limit is between 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

So, you are eligible to appear in examination in next year (2018). The application form for examination will be available at official website of UPSC ( examination conducting body ) www.upsc.gov.in.

For final selection you have to qualify in all stages of examination Preliminary, Mains and Interview.
30th April 2017, 06:20 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

UPSC conducts Civil Services Exam every year for the recruitment of IAS, IPS officers and various other posts. You have completed B.Tech in Instrumentation and Control Engineering and want to know about the details for this exam.

Educational qualification: Student must possess graduation degree from any recognized university. So, you are definitely eligible for Civil Services Exam in 2018.

Age Limit: 21 to 32 years. Relaxation in maximum age limit is given to reserved category students as per govt. norms.

Selection Procedure: The selection procedure consists of Preliminary Exam, Mains Exam followed by Interview.

**You can enroll for the exam after filling the online application form whose notification will be released in the last week of February. You have to fill the online application from its official website i.e www.upsconline.nic.in

Tips to prepare:
>>Prepare General Studies Portion from good book.
>>Read daily newspaper for current affairs.
>>Go through the previous year papers which you can download easily from its official website and prepare it accordingly.

**If you still have any doubt regarding the eligibility criteria, selection process, exam pattern etc then you can go through the detailed notification of UPSC Civil Services exam in below attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf UPSC Civil Services Exam 2017.pdf(2.52 MB, 80 views)
30th April 2017, 07:24 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The full form of IAS is Indian Administrative Service.

Requirements for IAS entrance examination:

Academic qualification: Bachelor's degree in any stream.

Age limit: 21-32 years.

Number of attempts: 6 for general candidate, nine for obc and no limit for SC/ST candidate.

Bachelor of Technology in Instrumentation and Control Engineering candidate can apply for exam of IAS. You can apply for this examination at http://www.upsconline.nic.in.

Selection Process of this exam:

Stage I is Preliminary examination.

Stage II is Main examination.

Stage III is Interview.
30th April 2017, 08:27 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, after B.Tech in Instrumentation and Control Engineer you are eligible to appear for Civil Service examination and after qualifying in all stages of examination eligible for final recruitment as an I.A.S Officer.

The eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university and age limit is between 21-32 years.

To enroll for examination you have to fill the application form which will be available after official notification released by UPSC at www.upsc.gov.in.

The selection will be on after qualifying in all stages of examination.
30th April 2017, 10:12 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear in IAS Examination after completion of B.Tech in Instrumentation and Control Engineer. I request you to first get the basic eligibility criteria that is required in order to appear in IAS Examination.

In order to join Indian Administrative Services (IAS), you are required to appear in Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT) Examination that is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).

>> The minimum educational qualification required to appear in IAS Examination is "Bachelor Degree" in Engineering from a recognized university.

>> As you have completed Bachelor Degree, I am sure you are eligible to appear in IAS Examination.

>> The selection process to join Indian Administrative Services is,
* Preliminary Exam
* Mains Exam
* Personal Interview

Click here for More Details and Check out What's New tab in the Home Page
30th April 2017, 11:13 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of IAS is Indian Administrative Services.

Eligibility criteria for IAS entrance exam:

1. Bachelor's degree in any stream. B.Tech Instrumentation and Control engineering candidates are eligible for this exam.

2. Minimum age limit is 21 years.

You can apply for this exam at http://www.upsc.gov.in.

Selection Process of this exam:

Preliminary examination.

Main examination.

Personal interview.
1st May 2017, 12:21 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Regarding your eligibility:

Bachelor of technology candidates can apply for this examination.

Minimum age limit is 21 years.

You can apply for this exam.

The procedure to enroll is to apply for the exam at official website of UPSC when notification is out.

Prepare from standard sources like NCERT books and read The Indian Express. You need to clear all three stages to join IAS.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?