17th January 2011, 05:58 PM
Master123

Is a B.Tech Mechanical Student Eligible for IES exam? After getting selected will they post on candidates personal interest or their interest?

I have question regarding IES.I am currently in final year in btech Mechanical.I want to know whether I am eligible for this Test.And I also want to know that if i get select in personal interview They will post me as per the requirement or a choice will be given in which i am interested.

19th January 2011, 08:34 PM
abhimanyu2688

Default Re: Is a B.Tech Mechanical Student Eligible for IES exam? After getting selected will they post on candidates personal interest or their interest?

dear friend,
you are eligible to appear in upsc indian engineering service(IES) as an appearing candidate. after selection you may be asked for choice but that depends wholly on the commission.
all the best!!
23rd January 2011, 06:26 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is a B.Tech Mechanical Student Eligible for IES exam? After getting selected will they post on candidates personal interest or their interest?

I M BIOTECH. STUDENT M I ELIGIBLE?
27th January 2011, 01:09 PM
Unregistered

SIR I M PASSING B-TECH ( IT ) INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY COURSE COMPLETED BUT M ELECTRONIC AND COMMUNICATIONB ENGINEEERING SERVICE EXAM M ELGIBLR OR NOT SEND M MAIL ID dr>[email protected] PLZ SEND ME I M CONFUSE OF ENGILBLR OR OT 919440014448
1st April 2011, 10:26 AM
Unregistered

I completed graduation in Biomedical engineering, am I eligible for appearing in IES
15th April 2011, 02:55 PM
Unregistered

is there any caoching institute to prepare for ies in free of cost
18th May 2011, 01:39 PM
Unregistered

what are the post after selection in ies
20th July 2011, 10:50 AM
abhi789
Banned

yes you can appear for ies exam because you have core branch.after getting selected field depends on your rank.if your rank is good then you will choose otherwise they will choose.
best of luck
4th February 2012, 04:48 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my diploma in diploma in plastics mould technology (DPMT) from central institute of plastics engineering and technology (CIPET) and now i am a final year b tech student in mechanical engineering . I admitted in b tech through lateral entry . Am i eligible for IES exam
12th February 2012, 10:57 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Is a B.Tech Mechanical Student Eligible for IES exam? After getting selected will they post on candidates personal interest or their interest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master123 View Post
I have question regarding IES.I am currently in final year in btech Mechanical.I want to know whether I am eligible for this Test.And I also want to know that if i get select in personal interview They will post me as per the requirement or a choice will be given in which i am interested.

Complete Information on Indian Engineering Services

The IES (Indian Engineering Services Exam) is conducted every year by the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) for the most elite government jobs for engineers..

Eligibility Criterion :-

Candidates willing to appear for the exam must fulfill the following conditions :-

1) The candidates must be within the age limit of 21-30 years if general, 21-33 years for OBC and 21-35 years for SC/ST

2) The candidate must have completed his B.Tech in any one of the following streams :-

Civil Engineering
Mechanical Engineering
Electronics and Communications Engineering
Electrical Engineering

Note :- The maximum number of attempts available for the general candidates to clear the exam is 4, OBC -7 and no limit for SC/ST/PWD

Important Dates :-

The forms for the exam shall release on 25th February,2012..

The last date for the form submission is 26th March,2012

The exam will be taking place on 15th June,2012..

For more details on the exam you can visit http://upsc.gov.in

You will be facing 2 papers..

I have attached some previous year papers so that you get an idea of the paper pattern and the type of questions asked in the exam..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ies-2007-general-ability-test.pdf(241.5 KB, 170 views)
File Type: pdf IES 2009 CONV_MECH_I.pdf(191.5 KB, 68 views)
File Type: pdf IES 2009 CONV_MECH_II.pdf(166.3 KB, 78 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?