15th January 2011, 01:44 PM
abinayaa1996

Basic requirements for becoming an IAS? On what basis they select a candidate for District Collector Post?

what is the basic requirements to become an i.a. s and on what basis do they actually select somebody as the district collector?

1st March 2011, 08:33 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Basic requirements for becoming an IAS? On what basis they select a candidate for District Collector Post?

hello sir..

your interested towards civil services is really appreciable,

i will provide the basic info. for you regarding this examination

mainly you should have 21 years of age and should not cross 30 years of age..

next by the time of appearing your CSE you should have a degree in your hand

and there is no need of any percentage limit or cut off

this is the info. to appear for CSE

after getting in to IAS cadre..you'll have some levels

junior officer

senior officer (so called district collector)

director for different departments

next

chairman

the posts go on increase with your salary till the prime ministers secratary..

i think you got clear picture about this exam and life of the candidate..

think wise while making decision

all the best

~aditya~
6th March 2011, 07:43 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Basic requirements for becoming an IAS? On what basis they select a candidate for District Collector Post?

HOW TO BECOME AN IAS OFFICER:

To become an IAS officer you have to clear UPSC exams for civil services.

Exam Pattern:All India Combined Competitive Examination for the Civil Services conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) comprises of two successive stages:
  • Preliminary Examination: It is of objective type, which is a qualifying examination.
  • Main Examination: It consists of written examination and interview.
IAS (Indian Administrative Service): You can apply offline aswellas online.
  • Apply online by using the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in
  • Apply offline by purchasing the application form from designated post offices throughout the country.

For more Details check Employment News or visit www.upsc.gov.in

Regards
**Kapila**

8th June 2011, 08:23 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Basic requirements for becoming an IAS? On what basis they select a candidate for District Collector Post?

eligibility required to give ias exam
7th July 2011, 04:39 PM
Unregistered

Hai my dear friends,This sugition belongs only fresh students.

My name is venkatesh from andrapradesh,i kindly say that those who are ready to prepare for IAS u dnt bilive seniors words like it is not easy,do work hard etc.
Because nothing is impossible in our minds {exept give life to death persons} so u belive ur strenth&knolwdge.study only 6 hr per day with pieceful mind.mainly take coaching minimum 6 months in famous instistute.ALL THE BEST TO ALL&ME ALSO
10th July 2011, 12:00 AM
Unregistered

Is height and personality is required ?
20th July 2011, 07:37 PM
Unregistered

hellow, I am vicky and studying in class 12 th by Maths subject. My dream to become a district collector. I am confused that by which i will completing my graduation according to my subject and preapring for PSC exam.
Please suggesst me.
26th August 2011, 10:07 PM
Unregistered

Hello ITS MA DREAM to become IAS ofiicer from childhood n i m student of engineering 5th sem gtu.I have decided ma destination n wanna start hardwork for the same.....so can anyone help me out for -
-entrance exam
-form for Ias in ahmedabad
-books required for the same
-upsc is necessary for becoming IAS
6th September 2011, 12:29 AM
Unregistered

HI I AM PRACHI AND I WANT TO KNOW THAT ON THE BASIS OF 12tH MAI I TAKE EXAM OF IAS
28th January 2012, 03:20 AM
Unregistered

I APPEARING MBA 2ND SEM. GRADUATE IN BBA WANT TO BECOME DC. HOW IS THE EXAMINATION PROCEDURE AND CRITERIA?
12th May 2012, 02:17 AM
Unregistered

Hi frnds im aryan apearng bsc it i wana become distric collecter but i dnt hve any idea abt that plz provide me sme idea abt that
28th June 2012, 11:25 AM
Unregistered

how many times can I sit for the preliminary exam?
12th July 2012, 10:37 PM
Unregistered

I WANT TO KNW ABOUT WHAT ACCTUALLY IAS OFFICERS ROLE IS?
30th August 2012, 11:06 PM
Unregistered

what should we do at school level to appear for IAS in future?
31st August 2012, 02:36 AM
jacobs
Senior Member++++

Dear friend,
If you are interested in IAS
Then please go through these criteria details carefully

:: IAS ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA DETAILS ::

Academic Qualification :
The candidate must be graduate from any university.

Age Limit :
For General :21 to 30 years.
[SC/ST will get 5 years age relaxation and OBC will get 3 year age relaxation]

No Of Attempts :
General : 4.
SC/ST: Unlimited.
OBC :7.

:: For more details you can follow these attachments below ::
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IAS I.pdf(11.7 KB, 129 views)
File Type: pdf IAS II.pdf(9.9 KB, 108 views)
File Type: pdf IAS III.pdf(46.4 KB, 106 views)
18th September 2012, 10:17 PM
Unregistered

Can I become a district collecter after after 12th?
9th December 2012, 11:32 AM
Unregistered

I appearing BCA final year. Can I become a government servent, after pass mpsc.
9th December 2012, 11:38 AM
Unregistered

I appearing BCA final year . Can i become a gov. servant
20th April 2013, 01:20 PM
Unregistered

which branch should i prefer to crack the exam s like mpsc, upsc through BE
11th July 2013, 11:23 PM
Unregistered

my name is shivanjali tomar nd i want to be an IAS off.iam study in bsc frm bio please guide me. be an officer is my first nd last dream.so pleas giv me intrustion
20th March 2014, 05:01 PM
Unregistered

how to become an ias officer. which are the optional subjects for this exam i m study in bsc from pcm group.is it compulsory to take pcm as optional subject.my name is sourabh
20th March 2014, 05:05 PM
Unregistered

how to become an ias officer which are optional subjects for this exam.i m study in bsc from pcm.is it compulsory to take pcm subjects as optional subjects.my name is savita.
21st September 2014, 11:02 AM
Unregistered

At college level how can i prepare to IAS exam & I studying Diploma in E&C 3rdsem.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?