11th January 2012, 08:02 PM
Siraj.uddin

Which are the best books for preparation for IIT entrance exam? Tips for the entrance exam?

Sir,please tell me the names of all the best books (with writers names)which i will need in the preparation of IIT ENTRANCE EXAM and also give me some tips how should i divide my time among all the subjects i have only one year, i will give the IIT and AIEEE entrance exam next year.

7th February 2012, 07:57 PM
roknits
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which are the best books for preparation for IIT entrance exam? Tips for the entrance exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siraj.uddin View Post
Sir,please tell me the names of all the best books (with writers names)which i will need in the preparation of IIT ENTRANCE EXAM and also give me some tips how should i divide my time among all the subjects i have only one year, i will give the IIT and AIEEE entrance exam next year.
hi!!

Best book for preparation in IIT

physics

H.C Verma is considered the best book in physics.it deals with conceptual knowledge and hence is the best book to prepare for IIT-JEE as concept are what which can help you to win over others

some other books
you can also follow books like

-Arihant publications

-D.mukherjee

TIPS for IIT-JEE (physics)

-focus on concepts.
-do not try to take concepts for granted
-try to find what happened and why?

AIEEE physics

-not so difficult as compared to IIT-JEE.

-if you have some conceptual knowledge then surely you can easily score more over others.

-there is always an easy question solve that question first as it is not like maths and chemistry ,it is entirely diferent subject hence should be dealt with care

-do not try to solve fastly if you do not have good conceptual knowledge

================================================== =================

chemistry

it is a subject for which you need to spend a lot of time for preparation.concepts are required but cramming can be done for parts like INORGANIC chemistry

organic chemistry- Arihant publications

Inorganic chemistry-
J.D LEE or O.P tondon

physical chemistry- numericals in chemistry

tips for IIT-JEE(CHEMISTRY)

-It is a scoring subject
-good knowledge is required since it is generally easy as compared to others hence should be solved first
-try to solve in less time.

TIPS for AIEEE

-AIEEE is not so difficult so chemistry is the most easy and scoring subject.
-solve it first
-do not try to run fast.

================================================== ====================

Maths

Tata Mcgraw publications
is the best book for preparation of IIIT-JEE.it is considered the most difficult among the three subjects.

some other books-

R.D Sharma
h.k dass

tips for IIT-JEE

-Maths most difficult
-cut off very less
-scoring questions are from coordinate geometry,calculus

AIEEE maths TIPS

-Not so difficult

-scoring subject

-can be solved anytime depending on your priority

================================================== ============================

hope this helped you.............

~with regards~
:::::roknits:::::
!
8th February 2012, 07:32 PM
jacobs
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Which are the best books for preparation for IIT entrance exam? Tips for the entrance exam?

Dear friend,
If you are interested in IIT JEE
Then you can go through these books below

LIST OF BOOKS :

Here are some attachments below for you :
Attached Files
File Type: pdf iitjee.pdf(1.95 MB, 266 views)
File Type: pdf How_to_start_Preparation_For_IIT_JEE.PDF(102.3 KB, 329 views)
20th April 2012, 01:34 PM
Unregistered

I have achieved 3rd rank in erudite olympiad science.should i start my preparation for iit .i am in 10 th class.
30th April 2012, 12:44 PM
Unregistered

Good morning sir,
My name is SaraThy. I'm in my 12th std now. My ultimate aim is to enter IIT, but last year in my 11th std I was able to concentrate in my studies as I went to many quiz comptetions. I want to learn both my 11th and 12th portion, how can I divide my time? How to learn? Pls guide me. If I got placed in IIT the whole credit goes to u. . .
Pls help me.
30th May 2012, 02:18 PM
Unregistered

I GOT 64% IN CLASS 12,CAN I STILL TRY FOR IIT-JEE IN 2013?DO I STILL HAVE A CHANCE TO GET INTO IIT BOMBAY
6th June 2012, 09:58 PM
Unregistered

which book is best for iit
6th July 2012, 08:08 AM
ankur bana

hi,
you should need to prefered these book
physics:- h.c. verma , n.c.e.r.t.
maths:- r.d. sharma , rk gupta
chemistry:-n.c.e.r.t , o.p. tondon
for preparation you shoule prepare well...each subject at least 2 hours per day.
good luck
1st August 2012, 07:16 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I am in X standard. I want to start preparing for IIT. Please tell me how I should start my preparation and also tell me names of the books for preparation.
25th September 2012, 05:45 PM
Unregistered

sir i am in class 11.I want to know that how should i divide my time table so that i can study all the subjects for iit jee
25th September 2012, 06:49 PM
sudha001

Thumbs up Re: Which are the best books for preparation for IIT entrance exam? Tips for the entrance exam?

Here Are The List of Some Best Books That you May Prefer for your exam:

For you the best tip i can give is to study regularly and take online exam , in order to invigilate yourself only that how much you know about the particular subject...

All The Best
25th September 2012, 10:28 PM
anu281293

According to me every jee aspirant should prefer H.C.Verma's concept of physics and NCERT 11th and 12th class books for chemistry building and at last for maths u have to do practice it as much as as u can and u can prefer arihant publications as well. At last for preparation u have to make effective topic wise schedule according to weightage.
4th October 2012, 10:41 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Top IIT JEE Books To Follow:-

The First Steps IIT JEE Physics
by Vikas Jain
Publisher: Arihant Publications

New Pattern IIT-JEE Mathematics
by S. K. Goyal
Publisher: Arihant Publishers

Super Course in Chemistry for the IIT-JEE: Physical Chemistry
by T. I. M. E.
Publisher: Pearson

Understanding Physics Electricity & Magnetism for IIT JEE
by D C Pandey
Publisher: Arihant Publications

Mathematics for IIT-JEE: Calculus (Volume - 3)
by G S N Murti, K P R Sastry
Publisher: Wiley India Pvt Ltd

Chemical Bonding for IIT-JEE/ AIEEE
by Vaibhav Trivedi
Publisher: Disha Publication

IIT - JEE Solved Papers (2001-2012)
by G.K.P.
Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd

Hope this helps :-> :->
23rd November 2012, 12:57 PM
Unregistered

i want ur advice for only org chem book which is best basic level and also iit level
13th January 2013, 11:21 PM
Unregistered

i am an student of std X and i am some thing above than average can i creak iit
14th January 2013, 01:07 AM
Narendra k.
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Which are the best books for preparation for IIT entrance exam? Tips for the entrance exam?

Quote:
Best book for preparation in IIT

physics

H.C Verma is considered the best book in physics.it deals with conceptual knowledge and hence is the best book to prepare for IIT-JEE as concept are what which can help you to win over others

some other books
you can also follow books like

-Arihant publications

-D.mukherjee

TIPS for IIT-JEE (physics)

-focus on concepts.
-do not try to take concepts for granted
-try to find what happened and why?

AIEEE physics

-not so difficult as compared to IIT-JEE.

-if you have some conceptual knowledge then surely you can easily score more over others.

-there is always an easy question solve that question first as it is not like maths and chemistry ,it is entirely diferent subject hence should be dealt with care

-do not try to solve fastly if you do not have good conceptual knowledge

your regards

thanks
14th January 2013, 06:47 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

HI,

BEST BOOKS FOR IIT ENTRANCE EXAM;-

THANK YOU...........................
15th January 2013, 03:20 PM
Narendra k.
Senior Member+

Arrow Re: Which are the best books for preparation for IIT entrance exam? Tips for the entrance exam?

Quote:
BEST BOOKS FOR IIT ENTRANCE EXAM;-

Image: http://www.books4u.in/uploads/MTG%20Mathematics%20IIT%20JEE%20Vol%201%20(Custom) %20(2).jpg

Image: http://highereducationbooksblog.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/physics-for-iit-jee-vol-ii.jpg

Image: http://www.tmhshop.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/344x460/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/i/i/iit-maths-2012.jpg

Image: http://www.tmhshop.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/344x460/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/i/i/iit-chemistry-2012.jpg
16th January 2013, 01:53 AM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

[B][CENTER]
Dear There,

The best books for preparation for IIT entrance examination are prescribed as below:-

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.
16th January 2013, 08:47 PM
TARA001
Senior Member++++

Hello Friend ,

1) MAINTAIN YOUR TIME MANAGEMENT ..

2) STUDY REGULARLY.

3) BE CONFIDENT .

4) SOLVE PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTION PAPERS.

5) FOLLOW YOUR PRESCRIBE BOOK.

GOOD LUCK ...
16th January 2013, 10:57 PM
Narendra k.
Senior Member+

Quote:
B]*[CENTER]Dear There,

Image: http://www.indiaeducation.net/iit/images/iit_logo_dropin.jpg

_The best books for preparation for IIT entrance examination are prescribed as below:-_

* Image: http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTT7vBQqMJ52gcLPGdbZSnpyLx3KskRC Sf5Kwm06OttDDAJGTEe4g&t=1

* Image: http://www.coachingindians.com/i/books/MTP%20IIT-JEE%20MAIN.jpg

* Image: http://highereducationbooksblog.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/physics-for-iit-jee-vol-ii.jpg

* Image: http://highereducationbooksblog.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/solomons-fryhles-organic-chemistry-for-iit-jee-revised-ed.jpg

* Image: http://img3.flixcart.com//image/book/2/0/9/differential-calculus-for-iit-jee-275x275-imad7nstqpth8edy.jpeg

* Image: http://www.tmhshop.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/344x460/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/i/i/iit-maths-2012.jpg

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.
17th January 2013, 03:26 PM
DKG7
Senior Member+++

Quote:

list of top books

17th January 2013, 10:23 PM
Narendra k.
Senior Member+

Lightbulb Re: Which are the best books for preparation for IIT entrance exam? Tips for the entrance exam?

Quote:
list of top books
*_

Image: http://highereducationbooksblog.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/physics-for-iit-jee-vol-ii.jpg

Image: http://img6a.flixcart.com/image/book/1/4/3/34-years-iit-jee-10-yrs-aieee-chapter-wise-solved-paper-275x275-imada2fgbwjhkdsn.jpeg

Image: http://stat.homeshop18.com/homeshop18/images/coinjoos/3/300x300_e82c1e905c1207ddf0554f67c6df18e5.jpg

11th February 2013, 11:15 PM
baskaran 484

Sir i want some best book to prepare the iit enterance exam and iam studying 8th sir.
11th February 2013, 11:19 PM
baskaran 484

Sir i want some best book to prepare the iit enterance exam and iam studying 8th sir. And i want some tips to prepare my exam.
17th February 2013, 03:32 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend,

IIT-JEE exam was earlier conducted for entrance to IITs.

But now it has been renamed to JEE Advanced Exam.

Some of the best books for the preparation of JEE Advanced Exam are:

35 Year IIT-JEE + 11 Year AIEEE Topicwise Solved Paper Chemistry
by O. P. Agarwal, Deepak Agarwal
Publisher: Disha Publication (2012)
Price: Rs. 263

35 Years IIT-JEE + 11 Years AIEEE Topicwise Solved Papers Physics
by Sunil Batra

35 Years IIT-JEE + 11 Year AIEEE Topicwise Solved Papers Mathematics (Paperback)
by Mamta Batra

JEE Main 2013 Joint Engineering Entrance Main: 15 Practice Sets (Paperback)
Author: Experts Compilations
Publisher: Arihant (2012)
Price: Rs. 188

Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics: 35 Years IIT-JEE + 11 Years AIEEE (Paperback)
Author: Deepak Agarwal, Mamta Batra, O. P. Agarwal, Sunil Batra
Price: Rs. 653

Target Online AIEEE/JEE Main: Past Year Papers 2002 - 12 (With CD) (Paperback)
Author: Disha Experts
Price: Rs. 250
26th February 2013, 07:32 PM
narendra B.

Exclamation Re: Which are the best books for preparation for IIT entrance exam? Tips for the entrance exam?

Quote:
Dear friend,

IIT-JEE exam was earlier conducted for entrance to IITs.

But now it has been renamed to JEE Advanced Exam.

Some of the best books for the preparation of JEE Advanced Exam are:

35 Year IIT-JEE + 11 Year AIEEE Topicwise Solved Paper Chemistry
by O. P. Agarwal, Deepak Agarwal

35 Years IIT-JEE + 11 Years AIEEE Topicwise Solved Papers Physics
by Sunil Batra

35 Years IIT-JEE + 11 Year AIEEE Topicwise Solved Papers Mathematics (Paperback)
by Mamta Batra

JEE Main 2013 Joint Engineering Entrance Main: 15 Practice Sets (Paperback)
Author: Experts Compilations
Publisher: Arihant (2012)
Price: Rs. 188

Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics: 35 Years IIT-JEE + 11 Years AIEEE (Paperback)
Author: Deepak Agarwal, Mamta Batra, O. P. Agarwal, Sunil Batra
Price: Rs. 653

Target Online AIEEE/JEE Main: Past Year Papers 2002 - 12 (With CD) (Paperback)
Author: Disha Experts
Price: Rs. 250
15th August 2013, 04:10 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

dear Friend,

The Acronym "IIT" stands for Indian Institute Of Technology. earlier the IIT was conducting a joint entrance exam known as the IIT-JEE for the admission of 12th pass out candidates in B.Tech course under various streams.

But , from the year 2013 , the IIT-JEE and AIEEE togetehr has been merged into one exam known as the JEE [Joint Entrance Exam].

The Joint Entrance Exam will be conducted in two stages :

1) JEE-Mains

2) JEE-Advanced

The JEE - Mains exam is conducted for the admission of candidates in the National Institutes of Technology whereas for admission in the IITs , the candidates have to pass in both the JEE-Mains as well as the JEE-Advanced.

However , the best books for the preparation of JEE are :

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
16th September 2013, 08:44 PM
Unregistered

WHICH R THE BEST BOOKS FOR CRACKING I.O.C.E.E?
17th September 2013, 02:56 PM
kalo 4

HI

Top IIT JEE Books

IIT - JEE Solved Papers (2001-2012)

New Pattern IIT-JEE Mathematics
by S. K. Goyal

Super Course in Chemistry for the IIT-JEE: Physical Chemistry
by T. I. M. E.

The First Steps IIT JEE Physics
by Vikas Jain

Understanding Physics Electricity & Magnetism for IIT JEE
by D C Pandey

Mathematics for IIT-JEE: Calculus (Volume - 3)
by G S N Murti, K P R Sastry

Chemical Bonding for IIT-JEE/ AIEEE
by Vaibhav Trivedi

OK,,,,,,,,,
17th September 2013, 08:36 PM
falcoon007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have achieved 3rd rank in erudite olympiad science.should i start my preparation for iit .i am in 10 th class.
HEY,
It doesnt matter that you have achieved 3rd rank in erudite olympiad science.
because getting into IIT's is about makingup of your future and making your dreams comes true. so these ranks doesnt get considered in IIT's unless
you show your talant in JEE mains

since you are in 10th standard you must prepare for your board exams
and score good marks/cgpa.

this will set up foundation for you an will bost up your confidence
later you may get enrolled in some well known coaching institute
and work hard for getting in to IIT,

WISH YOU A VERY GOOD LUCK FOR YOUR FUTURE
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?