12th April 2019, 12:06 PM
Unregistered

Best course to pursue in Graduation for becoming an IAS Officer for 12th PCM student?

Hi Sir, I am studying 12th with Science stream. I am a PCM student and I want to become an IAS Officer. Can you please tell me which course I should do in Graduation so that I can achieve my aim? I want to know about the best course.

13th April 2019, 06:33 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Best course to pursue in Graduation for becoming an IAS Officer for 12th PCM student?

Best course to pursue in Graduation for becoming an IAS Officer for 12th PCM student: -

The required eligibility to appear for IAS recruitment examination (civil service examination) is candidate must have passed bachelor's degree in any discipline.
The age limit is 21 to 32 years with relaxation in upper age limit is given to reserved categories.
Bachelor's degree examinations conducted by UPSC.
13th April 2019, 11:29 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Best course to pursue in Graduation for becoming an IAS Officer for 12th PCM student?

First thing I would like to let you know is that for becoming an IAS ( Indian Administrative Service ) officer, you are required to qualify the Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year.

Also, the minimum education required for appearing in the same examination is a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

So, you can opt for any subject for your graduation degree course as per your interest and strength as no degree course can guarantee higher selection rate.

For more details regarding the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
14th April 2019, 01:24 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

There is no such pre-defined course to be pursued for becoming IAS Officer.

For becoming IAS Officer, you will have to qualify Civil Services Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

To be eligible for this exam, you must have completed or pursuing graduation (B.Com/B.Tech/BA/B.Com/BFA/B.Arch/B.E., etc.) in any field from recognized institute.

As you are from PCM stream background, so you can choose B.E. or B.Tech course for higher studies.

However, you can also choose other graduation courses as per your choice.

While pursuing final year of your graduation course, you can apply for Civil Services Exam.

In this Civil Services Exam, you will have to qualify three stages namely:
  • Preliminary Exam
  • Main Exam
  • Personal Interview
15th April 2019, 12:03 PM
harmanpreetbatth

Hello,
As you want to become an IAS officer, so there are particular degrees to be eligible for UPSC exam. You can complete your Graduation in any field but only from a recognized University. Then you would be able to appear for UPSC exam.
Note: Your age must between 21 to years.
General can appear for max. times.
OBC 9 times.
SC/ST unlimited in the age limit.
I think it would be helpful for you.
Thank You....
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?