27th March 2019, 12:09 AM
khanfaizaan78692

Which course should I pursue to become an IAS/IPS Officer being a 12th Mathematics, Economics and Commerce student?

Hello Sir, I am confused, can you please tell me what I should do after completing my 12th? I am an MEC(Mathematics, Economics and Commerce) student but I am poor in Mathematics. I don't know which course I should do? However, my aim is to become an IAS/IPS Officer.

29th March 2019, 10:48 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course should I pursue to become an IAS/IPS Officer being a 12th Mathematics, Economics and Commerce student?

If you want to be an IAS or IPS officer then you must have minimum qualification of graduation in any stream from a recognised University and then you will have to appear in civil services examination conducted by UPSC every year.
30th March 2019, 08:45 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course should I pursue to become an IAS/IPS Officer being a 12th Mathematics, Economics and Commerce student?

Even if you are poor in mathematics, you can become Indian Administrative Services or Police Services officer. You just need to have basic knowledge of mathematics upto standard 10th.

All disciplines graduates are eligible for this exam. You can select any stream of your choice. Select the stream as per your interest. If you like commerce then go for Bachelor of Commerce and then apply for Civil Services exam.
30th March 2019, 10:59 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Civil Service Examination is conducted by UPSC. The examination is conducted in three stages.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is that :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

There is no limitation on discipline of bachelor degree to appear for the examination.

So, you need to pursue bachelor degree in any discipline to appear for the examination.

You have to appear and qualify in all three stages and have to do smart and hard work to qualify in the examination.

For more information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
31st March 2019, 12:18 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible to pursue any stream in bachelor degree to appear for Civil Service Examination.

The eligibility is conducted in three stages. So, you have to do hard work to qualify in the examination.

For more information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
31st March 2019, 11:28 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

You can pursue the bachelor degree course in any stream you want.

The required minimum qualification is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

The age limit is 21-32 years and there is relaxation in upper age limit to appear for the examination.

The examination is conducted in three stages and it is mandatory to qualify in each stage of the examination for the final selection.

To get more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
31st March 2019, 04:45 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

For IAS, IPS, IRS etc, Union Public Service Commission conducts Civil Services examination.

Eligibility criteria: Bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized stream.

Age limit: 21-32 years.

You can choose any course or discipline of your choice. All graduate stream candidates are eligible.
31st March 2019, 07:15 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

You can select the course as according to your choice. The required qualification to appear for the UPSC Civil Service Examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

The age limit is 21-32 years, there is relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category to appear in the examination.

The examination is conducted in three stages. So, you have to appear and qualify in all three stages for final selection.

For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
31st March 2019, 10:00 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

You have all the option available to pursue for bachelor degree course as there is no limitation on stream in bachelor degree to appear for Civil Service Examination.

Civil Service Examination is conducted by UPSC. The examination is conducted in three stages.

So, you can select any stream but it is mandatory to give your best, if you want to qualify in the examination.

Dedication, Determination and Devotion are key to success in the examination.
2nd April 2019, 08:59 PM
Unregistered

Which group I have to take in degree? Whether BSC or B.COM or any other courses
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?