27th October 2013, 08:33 PM
Unregistered

How can I become an IAS officer? I am a class 12th student with PCM stream

Respected, sir/mam i want to know that how much percenage is necessary in class-12 with p.c.m. stream to become an IAS officer. pls rply ur ans. as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
7th July 2014, 06:43 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How can I become an IAS officer? I am a class 12th student with PCM stream

You have to complete your graduation. Once you meet the eligibility criteria and form is filled, admit will come along with the exam details. UPSC comprises of three sections Preliminary Examination which covers objective type questions, Mains which is subjective type questions and personal interview questions. For eligibility part, aspirant’s age limit should be between 19 to 40 years. Relaxation is also given for SC/ST candidates of 2 years as per the government norms. Also candidate should be Indian and must possess a graduation degree.Jain IAS Circle and IPS Tuition in New Delhi are equally good for coaching. Reference books for the IAS exam are
• Indian History – Class XI & XII
• Indian Geography – Class VI to XII
• Science – Class IX & X
• Indian polity - by Laxmikanth (TMH publications)
• Introduction to constitution of India – D.D. Basu
• Indian Constitution – P.N. Bakshi /
• Pratiyogita Darpan (Latest Edition) and Economic survey [2009-10]
• Manorama Year Book – 2014
• India Year Book – 2014 (Publication Division)
• Frontline (For Mains & Interview)
• Competition wizard/Civil Services Chronicle / Civil Service Times (Any 1)
• Yojana [Published by Publication Division]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?