7th August 2012, 11:36 AM

Which is better between MS and M.Tech? I am a B.E graduate

sir, i am BE graduate(elctronics) 2011 passout
can u plz tell me which 1 is better MS or Mtech ,as i am technicaly very good i am little confused abt pg studies, plz help me and also provide me site for MS Studies and colleges.
thankyou

4th March 2013, 01:30 PM
anithamarychacko
Member+

Default Re: Which is better between MS and M.Tech? I am a B.E graduate

The basic difference between Master of Science (MS) and Masters of Technology (M.Tech) in India is generally in regard to the study orientation, pattern and approach.

While the Master of Technology (M.Tech) is basically designed to equip students with the basic practical skills with sufficient theory to develop in them the power of systematic thinking and reasoning, practical approach and exposition and also to understand the principles involved in the application
On the other hand the M.S course, basically deals with the practical knowledge and self study about the subject and the project. The students interact with the professors and attend those classes which are essential. They devote more time to their project under the degree of M.S.

Another important difference between the two courses is the course duration. M.Tech degree generally ends in a time span of 2 years. The projects and the study both have to be completed in that span of time, whereas the scenario is different in case of M.S. In the M.S degree courses, one can stretch up the course to 3 to 4 years till one doesn't complete his or her project. Thus the course doesn't finish till the students finishes his or her project along with complete knowledge in that subject.

The choice of the degree depends on your career goals in the field and the above stated should help you on the same.
4th June 2013, 07:04 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which is better between MS and M.Tech? I am a B.E graduate

M.S degree is often preferred over M.Tech degree. In M.S degree, the content of research is higher with less classroom lecturer. So the course is considered equivalent to Ph.D. Any of these courses should be pursued from an institution of reputation. IIT’s are good for M.Tech. M.S courses can be pursued from any of the top 50 institutes in U.S. The course is also available in IIT’s and IISc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?