17th April 2011, 12:11 PM
Unregistered

Which is a better field to go for after BMM, Masters in Mass Media or Mass Communication? Which has a better scope? List of colleges in Mumbai where the courses are held?

want to know wich is the better field to go for after BMM ..masters in mass emdia or mass communication?which field has a better scope?also want to know the list of colleges in mumbai where the courses are held.is MBA suitable after BMM?

8th September 2011, 05:33 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which is a better field to go for after BMM, Masters in Mass Media or Mass Communication? Which has a better scope? List of colleges in Mumbai where the courses are held?

There are so many courses in Mass Communication/Journalism,you can go for anyone of them,as each of them has a very good bright future.

if you have the Mass Communication degree you can start you carrier as journalists, content developer, content manager,project manager,project coordinator, visualizer etc .

To take admission in any institute in Mass Communication course you should maintain some criteria like:

a)you should complete three years of Graduation (12+3 years) in any one of the Arts/ Commerce/Science/Computers/BMM/BMS/BE/Catering etc.

b)your age should be 30 years or below.

Courses:

Diploma or Graduation or Post-Graduation in

Newspaper Journalism,

Magazine journalism,

Sports journalism,

Travel journalism,

Entertainment journalism

Investigative journalism

Web Journalism,

Television Journalism,

Radio Journalism.

Most Important Institutions:

1:Indian Institute of Mass Communication; New Delhi – 110067

Phone: 011-26742920

2:The Indian Institute of Journalism and New Media; Bangalore – 560043;

Phone: 080-25432565;

3:Manipal Institute of Communication, Manipal University; Manipal – 576104;

Phone: 0820-2571978
Website: http://www.manipal.edu/manipalsite/U...nipalHome.aspx

However,as you are interested to know the institutions of Mumbai,so there are so many institutions in Mumbai.

[B]1:Bombay College of Journalism, D. Waccha Road, Churchgate, Mumbai 400020

2:Garware Institute of Career Education & Development, Vidyanagri, Kalina Campus, Santa Cruz (East) Mumbai 400098

3:Bhavan's PDN College of Communication and Management, Somani College, Chowpatty, Mumbai 400007

4:K. J. Somaiya Institute of Journalism and Mass Communication, Vidya Vihar, Mumbai.

5:School of Broadcasting and Communication, Andhakshi Building, 37, Gilbert Hill Road, Andheri (West), Mumbai 400058.

6:Xavier Institute of Communication, St. Xavier's College, Mumbai 400001
8th September 2011, 05:36 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which is a better field to go for after BMM, Masters in Mass Media or Mass Communication? Which has a better scope? List of colleges in Mumbai where the courses are held?

There are so many courses in Mass Communication/Journalism,you can go for anyone of them,as each of them has a very good bright future.

if you have the Mass Communication degree you can start you carrier as journalists, content developer, content manager,project manager,project coordinator, visualizer etc .

To take admission in any institute in Mass Communication course you should maintain some criteria like:

a)you should complete three years of Graduation (12+3 years) in any one of the Arts/ Commerce/Science/Computers/BMM/BMS/BE/Catering etc.

b)your age should be 30 years or below.

Courses:

Diploma or Graduation or Post-Graduation in

Newspaper Journalism,

Magazine journalism,

Sports journalism,

Travel journalism,

Entertainment journalism

Investigative journalism

Web Journalism,

Television Journalism,

Radio Journalism.

Most Important Institutions:

1:Indian Institute of Mass Communication; New Delhi – 110067

Phone: 011-26742920

2:The Indian Institute of Journalism and New Media; Bangalore – 560043;

Phone: 080-25432565;

3:Manipal Institute of Communication, Manipal University; Manipal – 576104;

Phone: 0820-2571978
Website: http://www.manipal.edu/manipalsite/U...nipalHome.aspx

However,as you are interested to know the institutions of Mumbai,so there are so many institutions in Mumbai.

[B]1:Bombay College of Journalism, D. Waccha Road, Churchgate, Mumbai 400020

2:Garware Institute of Career Education & Development, Vidyanagri, Kalina Campus, Santa Cruz (East) Mumbai 400098

3:Bhavan's PDN College of Communication and Management, Somani College, Chowpatty, Mumbai 400007

4:K. J. Somaiya Institute of Journalism and Mass Communication, Vidya Vihar, Mumbai.

5:School of Broadcasting and Communication, Andhakshi Building, 37, Gilbert Hill Road, Andheri (West), Mumbai 400058.

6:Xavier Institute of Communication, St. Xavier's College, Mumbai 400001
8th March 2012, 01:45 AM
Unregistered

now im in IT Diploma engg but i want admition BMM , SO can i got admition BMM after IT diploma if yes, than in which year i got admition 1year or 2year . . . ??
23rd January 2013, 09:15 PM
Unregistered

I am a third year, student of BMM took advertising, I am very confused with what career and job to pursue, I am good in practical%u2019s but bad in theory, I am creative as well but very bad with computers like Photoshop, corel draw etc-, please please please guide me with some career options please!!
24th January 2013, 12:03 AM
TARA001
Senior Member++++

Hi,

BMM i.e. Bachelor in Mass Media is a professional course & offers a good platform if you are interested in making your career in the field of Media .

So as per your query whether you should go with Mass Media or Mass Communication , then i would suggest you to chose Mass media because Media is a huge career section & involves many other sub sections .& its also very interesting to work on so , from this you can make a successful career out it .
Mass media will also allows you to interact & makes contact with famous personalities acting in different walks of life .

EMPLOYMENT AREAS :-

>> ADVERTISING FILMS .

>>ALL INDIA RADIO.

>>T.V. CHANNELS .

>>WEBSITES .

>>PRESS INFORMATION BUREAU.

JOB TYPES :-

>>REPORTERS.

>> JOURNALISTS.

>>PHOTO JOURNALISTS.

>>EDITORS.

>>COLUMNISTS.

>>NEWS ANALYSTS.

Check out the following List of institutes offering MASS MEDIA COURSE IN MUMBAI ;--

1} MET INSTITUTE OF MASS MEDIA , Bandra West , Mumbai .

2} Sophia college for women , Mumbai.

3} Oriental Education of Society's Sanpada college of Comunication & Technology , Navi Mumbai.

4} University of Mumbai , Mumbai.

5} Management Career Makers , Mumbai.

6}ST. Xavier'S College , Mumbai.

7}Jai Hind College , Mumbai .

For any Further details , please KINDLY visit again .
ALL THE BEST FOR FUTURE ...

11th June 2013, 01:43 PM
Unregistered

Which is a better field to go for after BMM, Masters in Mass Media or Mass Communication? Which has a better scope?
14th June 2013, 09:29 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my HSC, I have opted for BMM adv. I want to be a public attention so can u plz give me options of career after BMM adv?
17th June 2013, 10:10 PM
Unregistered

I have passed my HSC n want to do BMM since i m not interest in theory bt wish to become a manager n later a CEO. So plz suggest on wat course i should take for da post of a Manager?
23rd July 2013, 09:40 AM
Unregistered

I am science graduate,my age is 34 yrs., I want to make my career in mass media, Can I make my career in mass media due to my age? Plz guide me how can I make my career in mass media? Is there any university in haryana offering mass media course where I can seek admission
23rd July 2013, 09:50 AM
Unregistered

I am science graduate,my age is 34 yrs., I want to make my career in mass media, Can I make my career in mass media due to my age? Plz guide me how can I make my career in mass media? Is there any university in haryana offering mass media course where I can seek admission
27th October 2013, 10:00 AM
Unregistered

I have intrest in politics, & i wnt to do BMM .so what can i do after BMM.?
27th October 2013, 09:23 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have intrest in politics, & i wnt to do BMM .so what can i do after BMM.?
Visit institutes section and mission admission section at mediahive.co.in
See the following info which will help u:
Students preparing/appearing for Entrance Exam of Journalism and Mass communication institutes should read these two useful guide and book:
1. Media Hive's Journalism & Mass Communication Entrance Exam e-Guide (Rs 100; PDF format).

2. "Nuances of Journalistic Writings" By Raza Elahi (hardcopy; discounted price Rs 126; FREE HOME DELIVERY).

Order at [email protected]
See details by visit this link
http://www.mediahive.co.in/buybook.html

both THE GUIDE and the book will help all aspiring media students .

Source: http://entrance-exam.net/forum/general-discussion/can-i-do-journalism-after-passing-12th-i-am-b-com-945826.html#ixzz2iwDpxnuL
26th November 2013, 09:34 AM
Unregistered

I wanna do BMM plzz suggest me which has better scope advertisement or journalism?and what can I become after taking that course?
18th January 2014, 09:25 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
now im in IT Diploma engg but i want admition BMM , SO can i got admition BMM after IT diploma if yes, than in which year i got admition 1year or 2year . . . ??
No. one must have to pass HSC to go for BMM.
3rd June 2014, 02:59 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my tybmm in advertising and i dont know what to do and i want to do masters also can you people suggest master degree
1st December 2014, 01:24 PM
Unregistered

BMM is worst course ever.......
i Have completed BMM journalism n also the 10 months experince in news paper as well as news channel industry but no job anywere in journalism media industry.
31st March 2016, 02:49 PM
Unregistered

I will be completing my Graduation in BMS this April after which I want to make a career in journalism as Television Reporter, so please suggest me Good colleges and institutes for Broadcast journalism in Mumbai, I even want to do internship wi th News Channel's , so please suggest what are the possibilities.
27th April 2020, 09:46 PM
Unregistered

Somebody please tell me, which college is best for Master in mass communication? And also in budget?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?