3rd March 2013, 08:08 PM
Unregistered

Which is better for me between MCA and MBA IT? I have completed BCA with 70%

i have compteted my bca with70%.i want to know about which is better for me between mca and mba IT.i just getting confuse too much...plzz reply

16th July 2013, 12:19 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which is better for me between MCA and MBA IT? I have completed BCA with 70%

Both the options are quite suitable to find a job in IT sector. If you are interested to work in the profile of a ‘Software programmer/professional’ then you can go for MCA. MBA in IT is suitable to find an administrative/managerial job in IT or related sectors. MCA graduates can join as software professional in MNC like Wipro, Accenture, and Dell. At entry level, MBA graduates can join to the profile of ‘Management Trainee’ in firms like HAL, CLL, etc.
10th February 2014, 10:24 AM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

Default Re: Which is better for me between MCA and MBA IT? I have completed BCA with 70%

Both the courses that you mentioned like
MCA
MBA IT
are Post Graduation courses in technical streams being offered by number of colleges in India.

The admission for both the courses will be given on the basis of performance in the Entrance Exam.

For MCA course, each and every university will conduct its own Entrance Exam for the candidates and there is NIMCET Exam also to be placed in NITs for MCA course.

Here are some of the popular Entrance Exams for MBA course
CAT
MAT
GMAT
XAT etc.

In addition, there are some state level Entrance Exams for the candidates to join MBA course.

The duration of MCA course is of 3 years and that of MBA is 2 years.

During MCA course, you can increase your subject knowledge in your core IT side but through MBA course, you will gain management skills in addition to your core knowledge.

As per Campus recruitment, many of the companies will prefer taking MCA candidates than the candidates who have completed MBA in IT.

As a part of eligibility, to join any of these courses, you should have completed your Graduation with a minimum of 50% of marks.

But to join MCA, one more mandatory criteria is the candidate should have gone through Mathematics as the compulsory subject either in 10+2 level or at Graduation level.

So, if your very goal is to be placed in top IT Companies like
TCS
Infosys
Microsoft etc.

Better join MCA course.

Wish you all the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?