27th September 2015, 10:26 PM
Unregistered

Which is better in terms of job M.Sc Food Technology or M.Sc Food Science & Technology?

I am a b.sc biotech student and i am asking which is better between m.sc food technology or m.sc food science and technology in terms of job?

28th October 2015, 06:01 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which is better in terms of job M.Sc Food Technology or M.Sc Food Science & Technology?

Food Science is simply the study of physical, biological and chemical processing of food.
While Food Technology involves the further production of that food like its packaging, preservation, distribution, etc.

Food Technology is rapidly growing field in India. One can find several career options like:
  • Hospitals
  • Catering establishments
  • Retailers
  • Food processing companies and food research laboratories
  • Food wholesalers

There are also some small scale jobs that are like:
  • Food cooking machine operators and tenders
  • Food and tobacco roasting, baking and drying machine operators and tenders
  • Bakers
  • Meat, poultry, trimmers, and fish cutters
  • Slaughterers and meat packers
  • Food batch makers
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?