26th April 2011, 02:34 PM
Unregistered

Is Biology and Maths a good option in 11th standard? Career options in the future?

Should I take Biology with Maths?
Is it a good option?Is both the subjects {bio and maths} really hard in 11th and 12th?what are the career options in front of me if choose this option?

26th April 2011, 06:16 PM
prashant.jha39
Member+

Default Re: Is Biology and Maths a good option in 11th standard? Career options in the future?

hello friend,
just to clear 12th standard having both biology and maths is not really hard if you have proper understanding of both the subjects till 10th standard or else leave the one in which you are not good.

but if you want to aim for some competitive exams on any side like AIEEE or IIT from maths side or PMT or any state medical entrance test along with 12th standard studies then i would say having both the subjects is not at all a good idea and it will become very tough for you to study
26th April 2011, 10:04 PM
Rohit Vashisht
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is Biology and Maths a good option in 11th standard? Career options in the future?

Most of the times subject combination are taken as PCM or PCB along with a language and a fifth subject which could be Computer Science, Engineering Drawing, Economics, etc.

Definetly taking PCM along biology will have better carrier opportunities as you can opt for both medical or engineering stream.

If difficulties are concerned than it will be upto you, but if you are particularly intrested in engineering or medical than take admission according to your interest.

According to me Biology is less messy than Computer Science whereas Economics scory subject.
26th April 2011, 11:53 PM
babydoll

Hello friend,
Yes this is the good choice to have Biology along with maths in 10+2. From this you can appear for both the entrance exams of medical and Engineering.
You can appear for the given examinations:
*IITJEE
*AIEEE
*PMT
*AIIMS

and all the state based engineering and medical entrance examinations.
So you have very bright career with having these two subjects as main in 12th.
Good luck!!!!
4th May 2011, 10:54 AM
Unregistered

I URGENTLY NEEDS A LIST OF ALL COMBINATIONS (SUBJECTS)AVAILABLE IN 11 TH STANDARD,PLS ?SUCH AS -

BIO &MAT
BIO &COMPUTER.........
9th May 2011, 09:52 PM
Unregistered

i am equally good in bio,maths and computers what should i opt for in 11th??????
5th June 2011, 09:17 PM
Unregistered

IS biology and physics can has a better carrer option
25th June 2011, 10:23 PM
Unregistered

I dont like maths so much. and I want to take that subjects that will be more help full me in future so will you plz tell me which subject will i take.plz reply me soon....
15th July 2011, 07:00 PM
Gita Irudhayaraj
Senior Member+

There are many fields after 12th.

ARTS and Science courses:

1.B.Sc., Computer Science
2.B.Sc.,Mathematics
3.B.Sc.,Physics
4.B.Sc.,Chemistry
5.B.Sc., Animation
6.BCA (computer Application)
7..BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration)
8..B.Com (Commerce)

In Engineering Branch:

1.ECE
2.EEE
3.Civil
4.Mechanical
5.IT(Information Technology)
6.B.Tech
in B.Tech many major available. Choose any one like Bio-medical engineering etc.,

Other than many computer courses are also there.
And Medical field MBBS also present.

All the best for your glowing career.
4th September 2011, 03:39 PM
Unregistered

I want to go in engineering feild feild so what are the enterance exams available for that?
28th December 2011, 02:06 PM
Unregistered

m in 1oth n cant decide which subject to take (pcb or pcm) in 11th as m intrested in both...plzz will u tell me which of these will hav more job oppurtunity?
31st December 2011, 03:08 PM
joblesswork

Yes this is the good choice to have Biology along with maths in 10+2. From this you can appear for both the entrance exams of medical and Engineering.
You can appear for the given examinations:
*IITJEE
*AIEEE
*PMT
*AIIMS

and all the state based engineering and medical entrance examinations.
So you have very bright career with having these two subjects as main in 12th.
16th February 2012, 07:47 PM
Unregistered

is it became useful in my life to take maths bio in cbse schools? what are the jobs related to maths bio except MBBS?
20th March 2012, 01:02 PM
Unregistered

is Science & home science is good option for medicine?
29th May 2012, 10:51 PM
Unregistered

I WILL BE IN 11TH CLASS SOON AND VERY MUCH CONFUSED BETWEEN PCM & PCB.I HAVE INTEREST IN BOTH.WHICH ONE WILL BE BETTER.PLZ SUGGEST
4th June 2012, 11:47 PM
Unregistered

my career is 2 become a doctor.........i have full confidence dat i'll b able 2 study nd score best marks some how...i'm studyin in a cbse school i'm willin 2 take bio maths......but every body is confusin me tellin dat its very tough which disturbin me a lot.....at least u people encourage mee....nd help mee by ur words.
5th June 2012, 06:21 PM
Unregistered

Hi! I want to know if Maths and Biology are very tough to study at 2 level , since I will be going into Medicine I am opting for Biology but I also want to take the IAS exam, so will leaving Maths ruin my conduct at the IAS exam?
12th January 2013, 04:42 PM
Unregistered

i have opt for maths n bio in 11 n wish to continue so what are variety of careers available n let me also know the colleges best in their course
13th January 2013, 07:26 PM
educationindia
Senior Member+

Hi Friends...............

YA its a very good option .........

ALL THE BEST........
10th March 2013, 05:24 PM
Unregistered

I am a student of class 12, having subjects as PCB alongwith maths and physical education. how will aggregate be calculated in Report Card? which one will be considered additional?
20th March 2013, 03:11 PM
Unregistered

is bio with informatics a good option in 11th standard?
20th March 2013, 07:29 PM
krrishh_002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Should I take Biology with Maths?
Is it a good option?Is both the subjects {bio and maths} really hard in 11th and 12th?what are the career options in front of me if choose this option?
hi dear,

Biology with maths in 11th and 12th is ok if you are confused with your Future goal or don't know in which stream you want to go.

Its not that tough you can manage is your an above average student.

But that's not really matters. The thing you should look is whats important for you in future.

Decide which fields attracts you where you willing to work in future either technical side or medical side?

If you take both 1 have to sacrifices in future , you can't continue in both the fields after 12th.

Take maths If you want to go with Engineering field or B.Sc in Maths physics or chemstry.

Take biology if your interest is in MBBS, Dental, Pharmacy etc fields.

and go accordingly.

taking both make you study more for no reason.

Choose your career path now itself.

All the best!!
21st April 2013, 08:13 PM
Unregistered

is it typical to opt bio-maths?
1st June 2013, 04:59 PM
Unregistered

define scope in bio-maths? and give it briefly where i have to apply?
12th February 2014, 08:45 PM
Unregistered

Unhappy Re: Is Biology and Maths a good option in 11th standard? Career options in the future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashant.jha39 View Post
hello friend,
just to clear 12th standard having both biology and maths is not really hard if you have proper understanding of both the subjects till 10th standard or else leave the one in which you are not good.

but if you want to aim for some competitive exams on any side like AIEEE or IIT from maths side or PMT or any state medical entrance test along with 12th standard studies then i would say having both the subjects is not at all a good idea and it will become very tough for you to study
ya nice written
22nd February 2014, 08:41 AM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

Definitely it will be good choice for the candidates of opting for 11th standard with Maths and Biology so that the candidate can choose the field in which he is interested soon after completion of his 12th class.

This will be a good choice for the candidates who are good at studies and for those who will be able to put their best efforts towards preparation for both the subjects.

Because it is not so easy to study and understand both the subjects at a time especially Biology which involves difficult terminology.

If you are not good at academics, my suggestion would be to choose only one stream which you are more interested either
PCM or
PCB

You will be having good number of avenues to make entry soon after the completion of any of these courses.

But you should have to give Entrance Exams to join Professional courses after completion of your 12th standard.

Carry out your preparation for the Entrance Exam also in accordance with the course that you are going to join.

Wish you all the best.
4th April 2014, 09:49 PM
Unregistered

i m totally confused. should i choose both maths & bio in 11th? is there any difficulty that i have to face? plz rply soooooon.......
20th May 2014, 08:53 PM
Unregistered

what is the next option after didnot getting medical entrance exam?
30th June 2014, 04:00 PM
Unregistered

i have taken biology and maths both in 11th . so i want to know about a job in biology except medical one , any other job with bio and maths both.....?
5th December 2014, 03:30 PM
Unregistered

i got 53marks in maths but i got 65marks in biology and i want to take more job oppurtinity so what i can take Pcm or PCB
16th April 2015, 10:31 PM
Unregistered

I have given my board exams. Most of my friends are opting for Bio. Should I also go with Them? I am so confused what to choose although I was sure about Maths till class10.
26th May 2015, 04:27 PM
Unregistered

I have just entered 11th and have opted for PCM. If I take biology as a side subject, what other subjects will I need to study?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?