8th March 2015, 12:10 AM
Unregistered

Books for ISI B.Stats 2015 exam

I like to appear for B.Statt Exam, 2015 from ISI, Kolkata. I am a student of Class - IX. Now, Would you please advise me the names of some books for preparing for 2015 B.Statt Exam. from ISI, Kolkata ? With regards, Nabaneet

8th March 2015, 03:54 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Books for ISI B.Stats 2015 exam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I like to appear for B.Statt Exam, 2015 from ISI, Kolkata. I am a student of Class - IX. Now, Would you please advise me the names of some books for preparing for 2015 B.Statt Exam. from ISI, Kolkata ? With regards, Nabaneet
Best books for ISI entrance exam:-
  • An Excursion in Mathematics, by M. R. Modak, S. A. Katre, V. V. Acharya. RMO committee.
  • Problem Primer for the Olympiad, by V.Krishnamurthy, C.R.Pranesachar, K.N. Ranganathan, B.J. Venkatachala. Interline Publishing Pvt. Ltd.
  • Challenge and Thrill of Pre-College Mathematics, by V.Krishnamurthy, C.R.Pranesachar, K.N.Ranganathan, B.J.Venkatachala. New Age International Publishers.
  • Modern Geometry, by M. A. Durrel. Macmillan & Co.
  • Geometry Revisited, by H. S. M. Coxeter & S. L. Greitzer. Mathematical Association of America.
  • Plane Trigonometry, by S. L. Loney. Macmillan & Co.
  • The elements of coordinate geometry, by S. L. Loney. Cambridge University Press.
  • An Introduction to the Theory of Numbers, by I. Niven & H. S. Zuckerman. Wiley Eastern Ltd.
  • Elementary Number Theory, by David Burton. Universal Book Stall.
  • Higher Algebra, by S. Barnard & J.M. Child. Macmillan & Co.
  • Problems in Calculus of One Variable, by I. A. Maron. Mir Publishers.
  • Challenging Mathematical Problems With Elementary Solutions, by A. M. Yaglom & I. M. Yaglom. Dover Publishers.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?