17th November 2012, 10:03 AM
khushy kaur

Books to be referred to prepare for English and GK subject for IFS exam

plz suggest me important books for preparatipn of English and G.K subject for IFS exam

4th August 2015, 06:58 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Books to be referred to prepare for English and GK subject for IFS exam

I.F.S stands for the Indian Foreign/ Forest Service. The examination for the foreign services examination is conducted by the UPSC as Civil Services examination.

The examination is among the toughest examination to qualify. So you need to have the best knowledge of the English and the Current Affairs to qualify for the examination.

So for the preparation you can take the help from the Lucent General Knowledge, Chronicle monthly magazine or the Pratiyogta Darpan for the General knowledge.

For the English you can use the Word Power Made Easy by Normal Lewis, PC Wrene and Martin and other English books for the preparation.

But try to go through the English daily newspaper for all the information for the examination.
28th September 2019, 03:28 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Books to be referred to prepare for English and GK subject for IFS exam

Can I sit for the exam after completing bsc chemistry
2nd October 2019, 02:22 AM
Silent eyes

Books to be referred to prepare for English and GK subject for IFS(Indian Foreign Service) exam:-

1) GK:- a) Lucent's General Knowledge.

b) Pratiyogita Darpan.

c) Chronicle Monthly Magazine.

2) English:- a) Newspaper.

b) PC Wrene and Martin.

c) Word Power Made Easy by Normal Lewis.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?