13th July 2012, 11:58 AM
Unregistered

Can a candidate of Science stream be eligible to join Marine Engineering?

does a biology student eligilibility for marine engineering?

Related Questions:
  1. How to join Marine engineering course after studying 12th? How to get scholarships to attend marine engineering?
  2. Am I eligible for Marine Engineering after scoring 65% in 12th? Fee structure for Marine Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Which stream should I choose after 10th so as to join marine engineering college?
  4. Which stream to choose after 10th so as to join Marine Engineering?
  5. Can I apply for Merchant Navy having completed 12th class in the year of 2010?
  6. Which posts can i apply for in Merchant Navy after completing B.Tech(Automobile)? Exams for the same?
  7. Information to enter in Merchant? What is the eligibility criteria to enter in Merchant Navy
  8. How to become a member of Merchant Navy after completing 10th class
  9. How to join marine engineering after studying B.E Computer Science?
  10. After scoring 67% in 12th am I eligible to do Marine Engineering? Fee structure of this course?
  11. How can I become a network engineer after 12th?
  12. What are the best options for students scoring 65% in 12th board exam?
  13. Is it possible to get into Marine Engineering after BCS(Computer Science)? Forms to be filled to get into Marine Engineering?
  14. How can I join Marine engineering after Diploma in marine engineering? What would be the fee structure?
  15. Will I be able to join marine engineering with 65% in 12th? What is the fee structure?
  16. Qualifications required to join Marine Engineering? Can I join it after ECE?
  17. How to join PG course in marine engineering after my UG? Which institute is best to study marine in India? Is there any entrance exam for marine engineering?
  18. Can I study Marine related courses after completing Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering? -- [New]
13th July 2012, 01:03 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a candidate of Science stream be eligible to join Marine Engineering?

A career in Marine Engineering is challenging as well as rewarding. Marine Engineers have complete responsibility of the ship's engine room and development and designing of of the engines related to ships and its propulsion system.

Marine Science or Engineering also includes Archaeology, Anthropology, Sociology, Engineering and other studies of human relationships with the sea.

Job openings for Marine Engineers are both Indian and Global shipping firms. Marine Engineers are specifically qualified to join the Merchant Navy, or public and private shipping Companies.

Candidate from Science stream is eligible to join Marine Engineering.

For doing a bachelor’s degree in Marine Engineering or nautical science one should have passed 10 + 2 science with physics, chemistry, maths and English. The course is of 4 years duration.
For doing a Bachelor Degree in Marine Engineering or Nautical Science one should have passed 10+2 with good percentage of marks with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English. The duration of the under Graduate course is 4 years.

You can purse Marine Engineering in the followeing Institute:-

-MARINE ENGINEERING AND RESEARCH INSTITUTE - KOLKATA
-COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING - VISAKHAPATNAM
-TOLANI MARITIME INSTITUTE - PUNE
-R.L. INSTITUTE OF NAUTICAL SCIENCE - MADURAI
-INDIAN MARITIME COLLEGE - CHENNAI
13th July 2012, 03:13 PM
JustShashank

Arrow Re: Can a candidate of Science stream be eligible to join Marine Engineering?

Marine engineering can be studied as B.Tech though some engineering colleges such as IITs.But first the entrance exam must be cleared,which require PCM combination.So if you had bio-maths combination,you can apply for same,else not..:-(
13th July 2012, 04:19 PM
Sammy11
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can a candidate of Science stream be eligible to join Marine Engineering?

Hi

The eligibility for Marine Engineering is just the candidates have completed their 10+2 standard in Science stream (havind Physics and maths (compuslsory subjects)) scoring more than 60% in each.

And a Bio student have all career options available..!!

So you could go for Marine Engineering sure shot..!!

Best of Luck..!!
7th September 2012, 09:17 PM
Unregistered

can bms student are eligable for marine engieneering
28th May 2013, 09:45 AM
Unregistered

I'm studying In mechanical engineering next I study in marine how to join and how many percentage in engineering marks in eligible.
1st June 2013, 12:22 AM
Unregistered

i m a bsc graduate in pcm. m i eligible for masters in marine.....
5th July 2013, 12:45 AM
Unregistered

Can a bio student join marine engineering
5th July 2013, 12:13 PM
PAKODI KAUR

yes, a candidate who has done 12th with PCM is definitely eligible for marine engineering but the same is not for the one who has done it with PCB. For being a marine engineer, you need to do B.tech in this stream and then you need to study different branches which involve the human and sea relationship as for being a marine engineer, you need to be an expert of that, go for sociology and anthropology also.
Good luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?