29th May 2017, 10:07 PM
soudha134

Can commerce student become high school teacher?

My wish is become a high school teacher.but I would like to take commerce +1.so there has any scopes for teaching who learn commerce in higher secondary?

Related Questions:
  1. Is MBA graduates eligible to teach Accounts in High school?
  2. Syllabus of physical education teacher? When the vacancies will be out in Jharkhand High School?
  3. Can I become a Primary School Teacher after completing graduation in Commerce? What course should I do to become a Teacher or a Lecturer?
  4. How can I become a English teacher for 10 standard in school with B.com?
  5. Can I apply for primary teacher post in St. Dominic Savio High School being a BA English student?
  6. Qualification required to become a High School Government Teacher? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. When will be the exam conducted for the post of High School Assistant teacher in Jharkhand?
  8. Is it possible for me to get a job in high school after completion of computer science?
  9. Am I eligible to become a High School Teacher in Uttar Pradesh being a B.Sc(Microbiology & Chemistry) graduate?
  10. Last 5 years question papers of JAC high school teacher's exam?
  11. How to become Government Teacher in any High School being a Mathematics postgraduate?
  12. Previous year question papers of Jharkhand high school teachers exam?
  13. Whether B.Ed is necessary to become private school teacher B.Tech(CSE) student? Should I have to appear in any entrance exam? Procedure to become Computer teacher in any private school?
  14. Teaching job after passing 12th this year
  15. What are the steps to become a High School Teacher after BA?
  16. Can i apply for B.Ed if I am commerce student and also a teacher in aided school for last 20 years?
  17. How to become a Government High School Teacher in Bihar?
  18. Eligibility criteria for government computer teacher in primary school and junior high school in UP? Is PGDCA holder eligible for computer teacher in government school?
29th May 2017, 11:02 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can commerce student become high school teacher?

If you have completed your Higher Secondary with commerce stream then you can become lecturer for 11th and 12th standard but for that you have to firstly complete your Bachelors Degree and after that your Masters.
Once you will complete your Masters you can also go for PhD but minimum qualification required to become lecturer in schools is Masters course. After that you will have to qualify the NET exam.
29th May 2017, 11:21 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Being from Commerce background you can teach only in 11th or 12th standard or the college level. So it is advisable to complete your masters course first. After that take the NET exam. You can take up B.Ed too but clearing the NET exam is a must. If you wish to teach at the 11th or 12th standard you can appear for the SET exam too.
29th May 2017, 11:43 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you will be eligible to become teacher in high school after pursuing commerce stream.

For recruitment as teacher in high school required minimum qualification is candidate must have passed bachelor degree with atleast B.Ed or D.Ed course.

So, you will be eligible to appear for CTET examination after pursuing bachelor degree in commerce. For more information about examination visit at www.ctet.nic.in.
30th May 2017, 11:28 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely you can become school teacher. If you have completed graduation then apply for the Bachelor of Education course.

Bachelor of Education is one year long course for those who wants to become teacher.

Unless you complete this course there is very little scope of getting job in private schools or the government schools.

In the bachelor of education course you will be trained to teach different subjects to the school students. The subjects depend on the stream of the candidate.

For example Arts stream candidates are trained for History, Geography, languages. Maths is the subject for commerce stream candidates.
31st May 2017, 12:05 AM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

If you are interested to become a teacher then first of all you need to complete graduation. After that you should complete B.Ed to become a government high school teacher.

Eligibility criteria are as under:-

Candidate must be a holder if graduation degree from a recognized university.

Candidate must have scored at least 45% aggregate in their graduation.

Candidate must have to pursue B.Ed degree.

There is no upper age limit.
31st May 2017, 12:37 AM
BISWAROOP YOGI
Senior Member++

Yes, after completing your 12th standard , you can go for teaching degrees like B.Com + B.Ed and apply for CTET to become a high school teacher.

** Eligibility Criteria for B.Ed :

* The candidate must have a bachelor's degree in B.Sc (Bachelor of Science) or B.A. (Bachelor of Arts) or B.Com (Bachelor of Commerce) from a recognized Board/University with a minimum of 50% aggregate score.

* The candidate is needed to appear in the examination conducted by various universities or institutions for teaching posts based on the rank obtained in the entrance exam.

* Candidates have to go through practical training courses apart from theory courses.

** Eligibility Criteria for CTET :

* Must have a bachelor's degree + passed or appearing in final year of 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education.

* Graduation with atleast 1 year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed) with atleast 50% score.

* The candidate must have passed Senior Secondary education (or equivalent) from a recognition with atleast 50% marks + appearing in final year of 4-years Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed)

// For further details, you may refer to the official website of CTET i.e. www.ctet.nic.in
31st May 2017, 01:21 AM
help100%

Generally, students after there Graduation need to pursue B.Ed or Post Graduate or Teachers Training Course(TTC), to get normally eligible to teach in a school or else if you are extra ordinary and talented then with graduation degree you can apply as well.

Yes, you can take commerce in you 10+2 and can teach commerce students afterwards in school, only if you acquire B.Com & M.Com or B.Ed or TTC. If you want to teach in personal their is no need of the above mentioned criteria but only if you need to teach in school then only it gets applied.
12th July 2017, 04:48 PM
Unregistered

I want to become teacher of 1 to 10 class. I have done 12 from commerce stream now what to do further. Please reply
27th March 2019, 01:13 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for teaching after doing b.com n m.com.what all subjects can I teach? Please guide
23rd July 2019, 09:50 AM
Unregistered

I am a b.com student. I am doing B.ed in Gulberga University Karnataka. Though I am a commerce student can I keep the social studies method instead of commerce method.
13th January 2020, 12:15 AM
Unregistered

What should i do to became a govt teacher from commerce stream
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?