14th January 2011, 06:15 PM
Unregistered

Can a commerce student take admission to Acting or Direction Courses?

Hello this is prity i'm student of commerce i want to know that can i take admmision in acting or direction plz reply me.
Thank u

14th January 2011, 09:53 PM
drkpp
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can a commerce student take admission to Acting or Direction Courses?

Yes, you can.
You only need to be a graduate in any subject from a recognized university.
14th January 2011, 11:01 PM
saswata06

Default Re: Can a commerce student take admission to Acting or Direction Courses?

Yes you can take admission in acting and direction course.
Best of luck!
15th January 2011, 01:53 PM
rks_estate

Dear,

For Acting or Direction Courses minimum eligibility is graduation in any stream from a regonised university.

So, you can do Acting or Direction Courses after graduation in commerce.

Good Luck
15th January 2011, 04:12 PM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Yes Prity, you can take admission to any Acting or Directional institute.There is no background required for getting admission,only aptitude and creativity is required.
15th January 2011, 06:45 PM
mishra245

The acting is the profession which is no qualified qualification.
In this stream you only get training with different institute of acting classes.
15th January 2011, 08:40 PM
Rohit Vashisht
Senior Member+

Absolutely you can join media courses with even commerce stream. Students with any of the field is eligible to join media courses.
16th January 2011, 01:47 AM
anncie10

Yes of course you can take part in a direction course, provided you have good creativity and the charisma to deliver your thoughts to the audience.

As far as I know, L.V prasad Film and TV academy, Chennai, conducts written exam and the application process for the same starts in January. Kindly check their website for more information. Once you clear the written test you would be called in for a GD , followed by a Personal Interview. Questions like why do you want to join in DIRECTION after a prof degree.You should be confident enough to exhibit your talent and convince them .

ALL THE BEST!! With the best talent in you , Educational qualification is never a barrier to join in the course of your hearts desire.
16th January 2011, 03:33 AM
shwetaishere

Yes commerce student can take admission into Acting/Direction courses but you should have a 3 or 4 yr bachelor degree.And if you join after 12th this is some minimum eligibilty criteria which you should fulfill.

Thanks
16th January 2011, 02:15 PM
tania19

dear friend
you can take admission to any Acting or Directional institute.There is no background required for getting admission,only aptitude and creativity is required.thank you
16th January 2011, 07:08 PM
kushagra agarwal

Smile Re: Can a commerce student take admission to Acting or Direction Courses?

ya sure commerce student can take admission in acting and directing course as u need just graduation but u can do the part time graduation and after 1 yr u can join he course........and sum institue offers after 12th so u can join that...........
16th January 2011, 07:10 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

hi!

Surely you can take admission in acting or direction courses offered by various acting schools.

With a bachelors degree in commerce you can pursue a Postgraduate Diploma Course in Acting from any one of the top acting schools in India since the eligibility criteria requires successful completion of the Bachelor's Degree in any discipline.

One should be between 18 and 30 years of age (through the age limit is relaxable in some cases) and should have good knowledge of English and Hindustani i.e., Hindi and Urdu.

If you want to take admission in acting school then you must have the required talent and potential & you must be able to display amply at the time of audition and interview
17th January 2011, 03:07 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

ya sure, you just complete your bachelors degree from commerce background.
actually students from any background is eligible for acting and direction..
15th March 2011, 03:50 PM
Unregistered

I AM LAST YEAR STUDENT OF B.COM.AFTER MY GRADUATION CAN I TAKE ADMISSION TO CINEMATOGROPHY OR EDITING, WHEN I HAVE TO NO KNOWLEDGE OF THIS FIELD?BUT I AM INTERESTED TO LEARN IN THIS FIELD. VIJAY SHETTY,PUNE
25th March 2011, 03:02 PM
2cuteforuh21
Junior Member+

Yes you can take admission in acting and direction course.
1st April 2011, 08:56 PM
Neha Rohatgi

Hello Friend,
Minimum qualification for taking admmision in acting or direction is Graduation from any discipline.
Further after applying you will be called for GDPI- Group Discussion & Personal Interview and on that basis you will be selected.
Be confident
All The Very best.
9th February 2013, 12:18 PM
Unregistered

hye ,
I am rakhi i am 17 years old ,this year i am in 12th class my dream is to be a tv actor can i get admission in acting classes
3rd February 2016, 06:22 PM
Unregistered

Hey,
Myself Manali, Now I'm in 11th class,commerce student. I'm interested in acting , after 12th I want to join acting classes. After 12th which course should I prefer ? Please suggest me.
17th February 2017, 01:55 AM
Unregistered

Can I go directly to film making collage for film direction after my 12th?
17th March 2017, 03:10 AM
Unregistered

Hello is it necessarily important to do drama at high school level in order to become an actor?
Thanks.
12th January 2018, 08:04 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my bcom but want to do acting also so what course I can do in studies along with doing theatres which would be easy also and will make my backup like MA, Bcom..? What do you suggest please tell me
9th December 2018, 03:27 PM
Unregistered

I have always feel that science students are more active in acting or modeling also they became good actor but when i feel about commerce student they didnt have acting talent so they are unable to acting or modeling is it true?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?