14th July 2012, 10:53 PM
Ram Bakale

Can a computer engineer apply for UPSC? What should I do after my 12th to prepare for IAS?

Can a computer engineer apply for upsc. if yes then what should he do after 12th to get prepared for being IAS after taking admissions to comp. engg.

27th September 2012, 10:45 AM
bhaskar51

Default Re: Can a computer engineer apply for UPSC? What should I do after my 12th to prepare for IAS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram Bakale View Post
Can a computer engineer apply for upsc. if yes then what should he do after 12th to get prepared for being IAS after taking admissions to comp. engg.

Definitely you can apply for UPSE examinations.

But there is some restrictions,you can not give all the

UPSC examinations.As you have completed Engineering with

Computer Science you have 3 options or the number of

examinations

for you can apply are given below.

1)IES(INDIAN ENGINEERING SERVICE) EXAM

2)CDS(COMBINED DEFENSE SERVICE) EXAM

3)IPS(INDIAN PUBLIC SERVICE) EXAM

Any one who completed his/her graduation can apply in

UPSC exams,

but they are not eligible to give all the UPSC undertake

examinations.
17th August 2013, 09:01 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a computer engineer apply for UPSC? What should I do after my 12th to prepare for IAS?

Yes, graduates in any subject can apply for IAS. You are also eligible for CDS and ESE exam conducted by UPSC. It is possible for you to apply for IIT conducted GATE exam. Exam preparation can be started after collecting detailed exam syllabus from the concerned web portal. After that you use reference books for study. Referring previous year question papers and web based study material are also useful.
18th August 2013, 09:53 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes, a computer engineer having B.Tech. Degree can apply for UPSC exam like CDS/IES/Civil Service Exam

CDS - Combined Defence Service, the exam conducted to join Indian Defence Services - The eligible candidate must be an Indian national having completed Graduation Degree in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 25 years.

IES - Indian Engineering Service conducted for appointment of young engineers in the top technical post under various Central Govt. Depts - The eligible candidate must be an Indian national having completed Graduation Degree in Engineering in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years.

Civil Service Exam conducted to become IAS/IPS/IES/IFS etc. officer - The eligible candidate being an Indian National having completed Graduation Degree in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years.

After 12th you should start your preparation accordingly for IAS, Cvil Service Exam along with regular under Graduate studies. You may take assistance of any good Coaching Institute for IAS.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
10th May 2014, 04:15 PM
Unregistered

i am in a dilema. i have completed my 12th. so should i now pursue computer engineering and study for upsc or should i do simple B.Sc and along with it study for upsc ??? please answer..i have very less time to arrive at a decision.thank you.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?