20th July 2017, 11:32 PM
Unregistered

Can a graduate and Post graduate in History and Sociology sit in WBSSC exam?

I have passed 10th & 12th from ICSE board and after that I have completed graduation and Post graduation in History and Sociology from NBU. Can I sit in WBSSC exam?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I sit in WBSSC Computer Application?
  2. What are the eligibility criteria to appear for TGT (Trained Graduate Teacher) exam? -- [New]
  3. Which PG Diploma course is better for BA and B.Ed holder?
  4. Whether WBSSC and WBTET are same? Eligibility to apply for B.Sc(IT) and B.Ed graduate?
  5. What is the syllabus for Labor Welfare Officer exam? I am a Post Graduate in Sociology
  6. What is the qualification to join PG diploma?
  7. List of Postgraduate Diploma courses offered in IGNOU
  8. What is the eligibility criteria required for a General Category candidate to apply for UP PCS exam? What is the age limit for the same?
  9. Netaji Subhas Open University Post Graduate History (Paper 4) Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  10. What is the eligibility to join CDAC?
  11. Am I Eligibile for Bank PO exams with Graduate 52% & PG 70%, the bank is asking Graduate with Minimun 60% -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Can I appear for TGT exam after completing B.E?
  13. Can I do diploma course in addition to MBA finance after completing B.Com?
  14. Career scope of Sanskrit in India especially in Baroda? Should I go for Sanskrit or Hindi in MA course being a Post Graduate in Sociology?
  15. List of universities to do Ph.D after BA Sociology and Post Graduate in MBA Hospital Administration other than AIIMS which offers Ph.D only for MBBS doctors
  16. Possibility to pursue School Service Commission exam for B.A. in Philosophy and M.A. in History student? Whether pursuing two different subjects create obstruction?
  17. Last 10 years WBSSC sociology H/PG question papers?
  18. Universities offering Post Graduate courses in Sociology?
21st July 2017, 10:49 AM
Abhijeet_2016
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can a graduate and Post graduate in History and Sociology sit in WBSSC exam?

You are eligible if your age falls within 26 years for general category and five years relaxation is given to SC/ST candidates.
Also make sure that you have completed graduation and post graduation from recognized institute with valid certificates where there is no back logs.
21st July 2017, 04:50 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a graduate and Post graduate in History and Sociology sit in WBSSC exam?

Yes, you are eligible for applying WBSSSC exam.

WBSSC (West Bengal School Service Commission) exam is conducted by the West Bengal government for recruiting candidates into teacher job. The full details about the eligibility are given below.

Eligibility criteria:
- The candidate should be a citizen of India.
- The age limit should be between 20 to 40 years. There is 3 years age relaxation for the OBC, 5 years for the SC/ ST, 8 years for the PwD, 5 years for the Ex-serviceman candidates.
- The educational qualification required is the candidate should complete their graduation or post graduation in post related stream with B.Ed degree from any recognised university.

If you fulfil the eligibility requirements then you need to visit their official website and fill the application form and pay the fees. The application fee is INR 250 rupees. The application fee is INR 80 rupees for SC/ ST, PwD candidates.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?