10th July 2015, 10:46 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility criteria for female candidates to give NDA exam?

sir,
I have passed my 12th with science and i wish to apply for NDA, I am female 19 plus age. Can I apply for NDA. Please help me its very urgent.

10th July 2015, 11:09 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility criteria for female candidates to give NDA exam?

No, I am sorry to say that you are NOT eligible to apply for NDA (National Defense Academy) and Naval Academy Entrance Examination being a female candidate. Only Unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply for NDA Examination and hence female candidates are not at all eligible to give NDA Examination. Besides this, you are not even eligible to apply for NDA Examination as far as the age criteria is concerned. The maximum age must not exceed 19 years in order to be eligible for NDA Examination. If you are interested to join Army Wing, Naval Wing or Air Force wing then I suggest you to pursue Graduation in order to join the mentioned wings. You are required to give "Combined Defense Services (CDS)" Examination in order to join Army, Naval wings. As far as your criteria is mentioned, I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to apply for NDA Examination and so cannot apply for NDA Exam being a Female candidate.
10th July 2015, 11:22 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to apply for NDA examination. The eligibility criteria for the NDA exam is the candidate should be citizen of India and should be unmarried male candidate.

However, you can apply for the Armed forces through various other entry schemes like :

* UPSC entry.

* JAG entry.

* SSC Technical entry.

* NCC special entry.

But, the candidates should complete their graduation in any discipline from any recognized university or institution.
10th July 2015, 11:23 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir,
I have passed my 12th with science and i wish to apply for NDA, I am female 19 plus age. Can I apply for NDA. Please help me its very urgent.
You are a female candidate so you are not eligible NDA exam.

NDA stands for National Defence Service exam. NDA Examination is conducted for 3 wings-Indian Air Force, Indian Navy and Indian Army.

The candidate's who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam. Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19.5 years. There is no age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.
10th July 2015, 11:43 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

NDA i.e National Defence Academy Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice in a year for admission to Army wings, Navy wings and Air Force wings. Let's see the eligibility criteria to apply for NDA examination.

-The candidate should have completed intermediate in any discipline from a recognized school or equivalent qualification.
-The candidate must have attained the age of 16.5 years and must not have attained the age of 19 years.
-Only Unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply for NDA examination.
-Female candidates are not eligible to apply for NDA examination.

But, after completing degree course, you are eligible to apply for CDS through OTA examination.
10th July 2015, 11:44 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for the National Defense Academy and the examination is conducted for the recruitment in the defense services. The examination is conducted by the UPSC twice every year.

The examination is conducted in the month of the April and the September. The eligibility to appear for the examination is :-
* Candidate must have passed the 10+2 from the recognised board.
* Candidate age must be between 16.5-19 years.
* Only male unmarried candidate are eligible.

So you are not eligible to appear for the examination being a female candidate. The examination are conducted in the two stages as the Written and the SSB and the candidate need to qualify in both the stages for the final selection.

But if as a female if you are interested in joining the defense services you are eligible to join the services through the CDS examination but after the graduation.

For more information regarding the examination and the syllabus visit at the www.upsc.gov.in
10th July 2015, 11:58 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Sorry to let you know that a female candidate 19 plus year old cannot give the NDA examination as for the same examination only the male candidates with age lying between 16.5 years to 19 years are eligible.

But if you are interested to join Indian defense services then you have the option of joining the same by cracking Combined Defense Services examination.

Similar to NDA examination, CDS examinations are held by Union Public Service Commission twice every year in two stages which are called as Written examination and Service Selection Board interview held in mentioned order.

The minimum eligibility criteria for appearing in the same examination are as here under :-

* You must be an Indian citizen.

* You must have the bachelor's degree with any discipline from a recognized university.

* You must be physically and mentally fit as per the service norms.

* Your age must lie with 19 years to 25 years.

Here the stream of degree course and upper age limit are different for different wings of CDS which are Naval Academy, Indian Air force Academy, Indian Military Academy and Officer's Training Academy.

For more exact details regarding the same examination you can log on to the official link of UPSC i.e; www.upsc.gov.in.
11th July 2015, 02:09 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for NDA examination, as only male candidates are preferred to appear for NDA examination.

Therefore, being a female candidate you are unable to appear for NDA examination.
27th November 2015, 01:53 PM
Unregistered

Sir, my name is Priyanka Who I want to join the National Defence Academy National Defence Academy and joined the girls can do
14th May 2018, 01:25 PM
Unregistered

I am a female , complete plus two with 88% ( biology science) ,what are the procedure to join NDA
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?