24th July 2016, 03:15 AM
Unregistered

Can I appear for EAMCET in 2017 by discontinuing the degree course?

I have not qualified in EAMCET this year but I want to do engineering. If I join degree this year can I write EAMCET 2017 and join in engineering next year by discontinuing the degree?

24th July 2016, 11:44 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for EAMCET in 2017 by discontinuing the degree course?

EAMCET stands for Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test, it is a state level entrance test which is conducted by JNTUH and JNTUK for offering admission to Undergraduate professional degrees in the colleges of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh.

To be eligible to appear in EAMCET 2017 examination, you have to satisfy the eligibility criteria mentioned below :-

=> You should have passed final year Intermediate examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/ Biology subjects from a Government recognised board.

=> You should have attained the minimum age of 16 years as on 31st December, 2017. There is no upper age limit.

As per the information you have provided in your query, you have not qualified EAMCET examination this year and you are interested to join degree and discontinue it after one year, if you do like this, your one year of valuable time will be wasted. So, I advise you to take admission in Engineering course through Management quota if you don't want to waste one year of your valuable time. It's upto you and if you satisfy all the above mentioned conditions, you are eligible to appear in EAMCET 2017 examination.
24th July 2016, 01:51 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

EAMCET stands for Engineering Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test. The eligibility criteria for this exam is:

1. For engineering stream, PCM subjects and for medical stream, PCB subjects in 10+2 board exams is necessary. For agriculture courses, you can apply from both subjects selection.

Minimum of 50% marks in board exam is necessary.

2. The minimum age limit is 17 years on 31st December of year of examination.

You can appear for EAMCET examination by discontinuing degree course.
24th July 2016, 08:28 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

The full form of EAMCET is Engineering Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test. Andhra Pradesh state government conducts this exam for undergraduates courses in different disciplines like engineering, medical and agricultural courses.

*If you join engineering course this year then also, you will be eligible to apply for EAMCET examination next year. Suppose you clear the EAMCET exam with good rank then you can get admission in government engineering by leaving your present college by discontinuing this degree.
24th July 2016, 08:40 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Yes. You can write EAMCET again if you will satisfy the eligibility criteria of EAMCET. You can also left the degree in middle & write EAMCET again to join degree.

EAMCET Eligibility
- You must be belongs to AP state.
- You should have passed (10+2) with PCM as a main subjects for engineering admission.
- Your age should be between 17 to 22 years of the examination year for engineering admission.

EAMCET Exam Pattern
- Total Questions : 160
- Total Marks : 160
Physics : 40 Marks
Chemistry : 40 Marks
Maths : 80 Marks

- For each correct answer , 1 mark will be allotted & No negative marking system.

EAMCET Application
- Visit the site : www.tseamcet.in
- Click on link "Apply Online".
- Register online yourself.
- Upload the scanned documents.
- Pay the application fee online.
- Submit your application.
- Print out the application & Keep it for your future reference.

Important Dates
- Apply Online From : February , 2017
- Last Date of Application : April , 2017
- EAMCET Exam : May , 2017
- EAMCET Result Declaration : May , 2017
27th February 2018, 11:59 AM
Unregistered

I have qualified ap eamcet 2017, but I wasted that year, can I attempt 2nd time for ap eamcet 2018
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?