12th August 2015, 02:40 AM
Unregistered

Can I appear in GATE 2016 while pursuing M.Sc?

I did bca in 2011-2014 session and now i m doing MSC in cs n one year is left for completing my pg. Can i give gate exam in upcoming test of Feb 2016 n m i applicable for gate exam

12th August 2015, 03:01 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear in GATE 2016 while pursuing M.Sc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I did bca in 2011-2014 session and now i m doing MSC in cs n one year is left for completing my pg. Can i give gate exam in upcoming test of Feb 2016 n m i applicable for gate exam
If you have completed or final year of M.Sc in CS then you are eligible for GATE 2016 exam.

If you have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Architecture/Design or its equivalent or masters degree in science department then you are eligible for GATE 2016 exam.

There are no restriction for attempts in GATE exam. You can apply any number of time. There is no age criteria but your minimum age must be above 18 years.
12th August 2015, 01:41 PM
@bhijeetearns

Hi.............,

If you are in the last year of the MSC program then you are eligible for the GATE examination 2016. Make sure that you qualify the M.Sc by more than 65% grade.
GATE examination forms are available online and can be filled and paid through online mode only. Through this entrance exam you can also apply at various industries and firm for applying job.

Thanks
12th August 2015, 02:36 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is known as GATE. The eligibility criteria for this exam is:

Candidate must have done bachelor of technology or engineering from a recognized university. Final year candidates can also apply for the examination. Those who have done master's degree in science can also appear for the exam. Final year M.Sc candidates can also apply for the GATE exam.

So, you can apply for the 2016 GATE exam. The notification for the GATE 2016 will be released in the month of September 2015.

GATE is an objective test of 100 marks consisting of 65 questions of three hours duration. Depending upon performance of GATE exam, a candidate can get admission in M.Tech.
12th August 2015, 08:34 PM
NAVEEN GOWTHAM
Junior Member+

yes you can appear in GATE after completing your msc you can write the GATE exam in your final year. This may helps you to join in any of the the govt companies and also to join in iisc for phd if you are interested. This may get you to place in many companies
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?