31st July 2015, 02:03 AM
Unregistered

What type of course should I follow to crack GATE 2016?

I am a 1st year cse student and aspiring to crack gate 2016 in engineering sciences......what type of correspondence or course should follow to ensure my aim?????pls hlp....

31st July 2015, 10:09 AM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

Default Re: What type of course should I follow to crack GATE 2016?

GATE stands for General Aptitude Test of Engineering.

In order to perform well in GATE, please keep in mind the following tips and points mentioned below:

* Devote at least 5-6 hours of self study for GATE preparation.
* Keep revising the studied syllabus and important concepts you left out during your engineering is quite important.
* Try to study all the subjects. Don' leave any subject.
* You may join any coaching centre or GATE Academy in order to excel your GATE preparation.
* In order to know about latest pattern and difficulty level, try to solve old question papers as many as possible.
* You should always read standard books of reputed author or publication. As these books are minutely examined and written by highly experienced authors. These books contain complete syllabus, analysis and statistics.
* You should also go through the notes or articles written by toppers of previous GATE. As these notes/articles are quite helpful in the preparation.
31st July 2015, 10:21 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

GATE is the short form of Graduate Aptitude test in Engineering. The eligibility criteria to appear for the GATE exam is that candidate must have done bachelor's degree in engineering or technology from a recognized institute.

Final year candidates of B.E/B.Tech are eligible for the exam. Since you are in first year of computer science engineering, you are not eligible to appear for the GATE 2016. You must wait till your final year of engineering then only you will be eligible and can apply for the GATE exam for master's degree in technology.
31st July 2015, 10:32 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

You can not apply for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering being a first year student of Computer Science Engineering. A candidate must have done bachelor of technology or be in final year of technology to apply for the GATE exam. So, you will not be eligible for the GATE, 2016.

You can join correspondence course from the institutes like MADE EASY, GATEFORUM, Engineer institutes of India for better preparation of this entrance exam. However it would be better if you join regular classroom program for better preparation.
31st July 2015, 01:11 PM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

It is the Graduate Aptitude test in engineering. through this M.tech programs can be done in various IIT's and NIT's of the country.

ALso, many PSU's recruit through this exam like-
- PGCIL
- NTPC
- ONGC
- BHEL
- HPCL
- IOCL

The composition of GATE exam is
- 15% Aptitude
- 15% mathematics
- 70% rest technical subjects of relevant trade.

Also, there is no sectional cutoff in the GATE exam so you don't need to worry about the separate cutoff of the aptitude section or technical section

Now regarding the preparation, i would like to tell you that, nowadays coaching has become very important for cracking these competitive exams because of the cut throat competition among the candidates. People usually say that self study is better, but i personally support your decision of coaching. These coaching centers have constantly provided good results in the GATE exam and will definitely help you with your preparation.

1) They will provide you tailor made material.

2) The competition will help you to go ahead in your preparation.

3) Short tricks are provided.

4) The competitive environment and the features like test Series and Mocks helps you to maintain your preparation regularly.

As per the of quality of education and the previous statistics, my ranking for the coaching for GATE is as given below-

1) Made Easy
2) Gate Forum
3) Ace Academy
31st July 2015, 01:16 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

As you are a 1st year B.Tech CSE candidate, you cannot give GATE 2016 Examination. Since you do not meet the required eligibility criteria, you cannot give GATE Examination in year 2016. Remember, you can apply for GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) Examination only when you will be in final year of B.E/ B.Tech. So there is no wrong in starting preparation for GATE Examination from the first year of B.Tech itself. Yes there are many course you have to concentrate on which to score good marks in GATE Entrance Examination. I suggest you to concentrate on the subjects available from 1st semester of 1st year onwards to score good marks in GATE Exam. You will have to get good command over C, C++, JAVA, Oracle, SQL, HTML, Unix and Data Structures. Since you are a 1st year B.Tech candidate there is a lot of time to prepare for GATE Examination.
31st July 2015, 01:35 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

GATE stands for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. This entrance examination is conducted by the Indian Institute of Technology for the post graduate courses in technology called M.Tech.

Eligibility criteria for the GATE:

>>Candidate must have done bachelor's degree in engineering or technology from a recognized university to apply for the GATE exam. Even final year candidates of bachelor's degree can apply for the exam.

There is no upper age limit to apply for the exam and also no limit on number of attempts for this exam.

As you have mentioned in the query that you are first year candidate of Computer Science Engineering, you are not eligible for the GATE exam that will be conducted in 2016. You can only apply for the exam when you will be in final year of engineering.

Instead of correspondence course or preparation of GATE exam, you should join regular coaching from any institute from third year of engineering. Some of the best institutes are :

>>MADE EASY.

>>GATEFORUM.

>>Engineers institute of India.

The best one from my point of view is MADE EASY for GATE and IES preparation.
31st July 2015, 01:37 PM
maybach

You are in your 1st year so it is very early to join any course for the GATE exam.
One thing that i would tell you is that, enjoy your two years and then after 2nd yar, joi the classroom course of any coaching.

By the third you will gain your basics and hence it would be beneficial to do coaching at that time.

For this particular time, the advise is-
- practice English
- Do aptitude problems
- Revise mathematics of your intermediate and
- concentrate on your technical subjects of college.
31st July 2015, 03:02 PM
Unregistered

Help me to guide me what I can do after 3rd year in CSE branch with my mail [email protected] plz guide me
31st July 2015, 04:21 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

GATE stands for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering and the examination is conducted by the IIT every year for the admission in the different institute for the M.tech courses.

As the eligibility is candidates must have completed the graduation in any of the engineering discipline. So as you are in the 1st year you have another three years left to become eligible for the examination.

So you can prepare for the examination in these three years as the questions in the examination are from your stream from 1-4th year along with the questions of the Reasoning, Aptitude. So you can start the preparation from now only.

You can also take the help from institutions to get updates for the examination pattern, syllabus. The coaching also runs classes as weekend programme.

The examination is conducted in the online based and there is negative marking for the wrong answers.
31st July 2015, 05:13 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

No, on the present educational qualification you are not eligible to appear for the GATE examination. GATE stands for the Graduate Aptitude Test in the Engineering.

The examination is conducted by the IIT every year for the admission of the candidates in the M.tech courses in the government institutions.

The minimum eligibility to appear for the examination is the graduation in any of the engineering stream. So you are eligible after three years. But the three years are more precious for you fulfill your dreams.

The syllabus for the examination is candidates must have the best knowledge of all the topics of the there stream which they have studied in the past 4 years along with this there are questions of Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude.

So you need good practice of all these to qualify in the examination. If possible you can join the coaching classes but you have to work hard as there is no substitute for this.

The examination is conducted every year in the online based in the month of February.
21st February 2021, 01:58 AM
konceptssolution01

Gate mechanical exam also provides Olympiad exam note, Online test series, M tech from IIT, Online test series for NSO, IMO, IEO. Get Note and Answer keys or Gate mechanical previous year paper. Tips for How to prepare for Gate and Olympiad exam 2021.

Previous year paper for GATE Mechanical Online test series for NSO

Blogs:

https://konceptssolutions.blogspot.c...ical-gate.html
https://articles.abilogic.com/472784...ries-gate.html
https://konceptssolutio01.medium.com...m-8496d228f598
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?