28th July 2015, 01:35 AM
Unregistered

Should I do M.Tech based on my PGCET score or appear for GATE 2016?

I have attended PGCET and got ranking around 9000 and as I come under category someone told me that I may get good colleges.....but now I am really confused whether mtech to be done through PGCET or GATE 2016.......I am also thinking that if I go for gate there will be a year delay after my engineering.................so plz ans me as soon as possible..........plz sir.......

28th July 2015, 03:30 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I do M.Tech based on my PGCET score or appear for GATE 2016?

If you have appeared for the Post Graduate Common Entrance Test and have got good rank in it and on the basis of which you are getting good college then from my point of view, you should take admission in master of technology in the college which is offering you admission.

Definitely, there will be a one year gap between bachelor's degree and master's degree in technology if you will appear for the GATE 2016 for M.Tech program. One years matter a lot in career prospect.

There is no issue in appearing in GATE in 2016 while pursuing M.Tech from any college because if you score well in GATE and get a good rank, you can get opportunities for jobs in Public Sector Undertakings like NTPC, BHEL, SAIL, GAIL etc.
28th July 2015, 05:37 PM
ganiebizer
Senior Member+

yes! it is possible that you can do m.tech through pgcet score .
PGCET :- Post Graduation Common Entrance Test .
* Everyone who qualified in PGCET has right to do M.tech
* But actually in some cases it is eligible only for regional States .
* So you better participate in GATE.
GATE :- Graduation Aptitude Test in Engineering .
It is all India wide and is very popular for M.tech .
* If you scored better and top rank you have the chance to get into IIT's and IES.
28th July 2015, 05:44 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you don't want gap between admission then go for admission through PGCET. If you want scholarship and admission in a better college then go for admission through GATE 2016.

If you get admission without GATE 2016 then the M.Tech course will be expensive for you as there is no guarantee of government college plus no stipend during studies.
22nd September 2018, 11:47 PM
Unregistered

I got 4503 rank in PGCET which Colleges is better for mtech in mechanical please suggest me
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?