15th December 2011, 08:31 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear for IAF exam directly after 12th? I am an arts student having optional subject like Economics, History and Political Science

sir, i am a arts student taking an optional subject like economics,historyand political science.can i appear for an IAF exam direct after my 12?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for IAS if I have Economics, Political Science, History, and Arts as my subjects in 12th?
  2. Which Optional subject should I choose for Civil Services exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Colleges offering bachelor degree specializing Economics, Political Science, history and maths along with any useful subject?
  4. Admission in B.Com for 12th Arts student?
  5. What are the subjects available for B.A in Thivandram?
  6. After scoring 50.4% marks in graduation with honors subject as Geography and Optional Subjects as Political Science and Economics can I get admission in Masters Degree in any Indian University?
  7. Can I choose History of Arts subject in IAS mains exam as optional subject?
  8. Is B.Ed. in Political Science good for students from Arts side?
  9. What are the options available for 12th Arts student?
  10. Can I get admission to study B.A.(Economics) if scored 95 marks in Political Science, 88 marks in Economics, 80 marks in Hindi, 79 marks in English and secured 85.5% in 12th Arts?
  11. How can I join Navy being a candidate having completed Degree course in Arts stream in the year of 2011?
  12. How to do economics honors after passing 12th and humanities?
  13. Can I do BCA and MCA after passing 12th from arts stream? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Am I eligible to get admission in BCA being an Arts student without Maths?
  15. Best courses that can be done after 12th in subjects like Psychology, Political Science, History, Economics and English?
  16. Which optional subject to choose for M.A final year political science?
  17. What are the different courses and options available for graduation in arts?
  18. Whether a Science student can move to Arts in class 12? -- [New]
20th December 2011, 04:46 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for IAF exam directly after 12th? I am an arts student having optional subject like Economics, History and Political Science

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir, i am a arts student taking an optional subject like economics,historyand political science.can i appear for an IAF exam direct after my 12?
To join the Indian Air Force as an officer, either after +2 or after graduation, you must have the subject combination of Physics and Maths in the +2 level. However, if you didn't had these subjects in the +2, you can still join Indian Airforce as an Airmen in the non-technical department categorized as "Y" group.

To be eligible, you must have scored a minimum of 50% marks in the +2 level of exam, in any stream.
The minimum eligible age to apply is 17 years and the maximum age limit is 22 years.

The selection procedure includes the following stages:

Written Test
Physical Fitness Test
Interview

The tests mentioned above are conducted by the Airmen Selection Centers (ASCs). To see the list of the ASC's and to know more about the procedure, refer to the official website of Indian Air Force.
23rd March 2012, 05:44 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I appear for IAF exam directly after 12th? I am an arts student having optional subject like Economics, History and Political Science

Sir/Madam,
I m arts student in degree last year. Can i join IAF?
23rd March 2012, 06:52 PM
simmi9044

>> Here is the Some Eligibility
Criteria for the Indian Air Force :--
You can apply to Indian Air
Force through CDSE exam but
you have completed your B.E
degree
This exam is conducted by UPSC
in every year.
COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICE
EXAM(CDSE)
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION
Those candidate are completed
graduation are eligible for CDSE
exam but 12 standard subject
must be Math and Physics.
B-TECH ans BE student are also
eligible for this exam .But you
have not any Pending Backlog.
Final Year student are also
eligible for CDSE exam.There is no
percentage marks criteria.
AGE CRITERIA
Indian Military Academy - 19-24
Years
Air Force Academy - 19-23 Years
Naval Academy - 19-22 Years
Officer's Training Academy -
19-25 Years
MARITAL STATUS
Only Unmarried persons are
eligible
NATIONALITY
You must have citizenship from
India.
ADVERTISEMENT SCHEDULE
April and September Every Year
SCHEME OF EXAMINATION FOR
CDS 2012
Indian Military Academy / Naval
Academy / Air Force Academy
All the papers are of objective
type.
English =>100 marks
General Knowledge=>100 Marks
Elementary Mathematics=>100
Marks
Officer's Training Academy
All the papers are of objective
type.
English=>100 Marks
General Knowledge=>100 Marks
For more information about
Indian Air Force ypi can visit to
http://indianairforce.nic.in/
ALL THE BEST.........
8th April 2012, 08:15 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Cool Re: Can I appear for IAF exam directly after 12th? I am an arts student having optional subject like Economics, History and Political Science

Quote:
Hey friend,

To join in IAF(Indian Air Force) which is a defence force of India right after +2 is by writing the NDA exam as it offers you to join in Indian Air Force

To be eligible for applying for this exam there are criteria's which you need to possess and they are:

>> Candidate applying for the NDA Exam must be a unmarried male candidate and the candidate must have a citizenship in India.

>> The age limit for the exam specifies that the candidate must have a age between 16 1/2-19 years.

>> The education qualification stats that the candidate must have completed +2 from a recognized board of school education with physics and mathematics as subjects.

>> Physical standard for joining in Indian Air Force is

Application Procedure:

You can get the forms in 2 modes:

You can get more information regarding the NDA Exam at the official site of UPSC at http://www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST
8th April 2012, 08:36 PM
sharmaashok630

Smile Re: Can I appear for IAF exam directly after 12th? I am an arts student having optional subject like Economics, History and Political Science

Quote:
Dear If a student is from science he can apply for NDA(National Defence Academy) but as you are from arts field you have to complete your graduation to join INDIAN AIR FORCE but for a ground duties..... I wish you all the best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?