14th December 2015, 07:40 PM
Unregistered

Is B.Ed. in Political Science good for students from Arts side?

Sir/Mam, I am an Arts student. I aspire to do B.Ed. in Political Science stream in future. So i want to know if this course is good for students like me?

Related Questions:
  1. Is it beneficial to study Political Honours for 12th Arts candidate?
  2. How can I apply to study Masters in Fine Arts if completed B.A. in Political Science being Fine Arts teacher?
  3. Am I eligible to get admission in DU for B.A.(H) in Political Science if secured 83% in 12th Science from CBSE Board? Is it beneficial to take Arts in graduation for 12th Science student?
  4. What are the career opportunities and future prospects available for B.A(Arts) students?
  5. Scope in Indian Air Force for Arts student? What type of jobs are available?
  6. Can I do Ph.D in Political Science after doing BA and PG in Master in Business Administration(HR)? Procedure to get admission?
  7. Career options after 12th for Arts stream students? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Procedure of doing M.A in Fine Arts after graduation in History and Political Science?
  9. Which graduation subject will help to prepare well for IPS? Is Political Science honors is good?
  10. List of the colleges of forensics in Chennai?
  11. What should I take between science and commerce if I want to try out a side course of Photography?
  12. What are the career opportunities and future prospects available for 12th arts students?
  13. Will it be possible to do MA in Political Science without BA in Political science?
  14. Which courses I can opt for having scored 65% in PUC?
  15. How can I get admission to study M.A.(Fine Arts) if completed Graduation in History and Political Science being a Fine Art Teacher?
  16. Which field to choose after my 10th?
  17. In which subjects can I apply for NET/SET exam? How to get scholarship?
  18. Higher studies options after post graduation in Political Science?
15th December 2015, 12:50 AM
samsung1992

Default Re: Is B.Ed. in Political Science good for students from Arts side?

Yes, political science is a very good course that you are going to do. Since, you are going to have your B.Ed degree in political science and your degree as well as course both are contemporary to each other which suits your requirements, So you can go with it.
15th December 2015, 12:52 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Yes it is very good for Arts students to pursue the course of B.Ed in Political Science as it is very useful when it comes to getting teaching jobs in School.
B.Ed is now compulsory for aspiring students so B.Ed in Political Science is a good course to pursue for an Arts Student.
There also a lot of demand for Political Science students as it is a good subject which also has a high demand.
So B.Ed in Political Science for an Arts Student is very good for the future.
15th December 2015, 06:21 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you want to become a school teacher then B.Ed is the minimum requirement these days. Hence, it is better to go for it because it will make you eligible for TET which is the gateway for government school teaching job.

Arts subjects are taught at school level and there is definitely requirement of teachers in India which has a billion population.
15th December 2015, 11:15 PM
rituja mukherjee

B.Ed after graduation in political science will fetch you a job as a teacher in either a private or government school. These days the duration of B.Ed course has been extended to 2yrs. One can do b.Ed based on the subjects which he/she had in graduation apart from the teaching skills that are taught during this particular process. Now a days every school has made it essential for school teachers to have b.Ed compulsorily.
15th December 2015, 11:57 PM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam, I am an Arts student. I aspire to do B.Ed. in Political Science stream in future. So i want to know if this course is good for students like me?
Yes, of course you are eligible to apply for B.Ed after completing Graduation in Political Science. Those candidates who have completed their Graduation are eligible to apply for B.Ed you are required to score at least 50% of marks at Graduation level.
18th December 2015, 10:42 PM
iruazim
Senior Member+

Yes, definitely it is very good for students of Political Science to do B.Ed.
B.Ed degree will help you to get teaching jobs in School.

Eligibility criteria to do B.Ed:-

Candidates must have completed Graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized University.
Candidates must have scored at least 50% of marks in Graduation.
There is 5% relaxation of marks for OBC candidates and 10% relaxation for SC/ST candidates.
22nd February 2018, 08:29 PM
Unregistered

I have done graduation in political science. Can I do bed in science or math subject. I did intermediate with math, physics and chemistry.
24th September 2018, 04:02 PM
Unregistered

I have completed graduation with ancient indian history, can I do b.ed ,
Is it helpful for government teacher job
9th October 2018, 01:45 PM
rituja mukherjee

Hello,

Firstly, it would have been easier to answer to your question, if you would have given details regarding your current course that you are pursuing and the marks that you have obtained in the UG and PG level. Political Science is not an easy subject in terms of the subject content. But yes, if you are interested in the subject and you have the adequate marks then you may proceed with such choice. B.ed in this subject will open your door for teaching in schools (be it private or government). But keep this in mind, that this subject is been taught only in higher secondary (+2 level). So your teaching option will be restricted only in higher secondary schools that offer the subject only in the +2 level. But one thing that is confirmed is that the subject is offered by all state boards, ISC as well as CBSE board schools. So getting into a job as a teacher wont be of much difficulty.
16th October 2019, 12:23 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my graduation with political science and education...which subject I should take in b.ed...and b.ed will beneficiary to me?is these two subject make subject combition for TGT or Pvt?
2nd July 2020, 12:21 AM
Unregistered

i have completed b.ed from social science, am i eligible for pgt pol science.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?