2nd August 2012, 09:19 PM
shashikant..

Can I appear for IPCC exam without clearing CPT after B.Com

i am in B.com Final year i appeared for CPT exam But i didn't Cleared it can i appear IPCC exam without clearing CPT after B.com?

4th August 2012, 05:34 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for IPCC exam without clearing CPT after B.Com

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashikant.. View Post
i am in B.com Final year i appeared for CPT exam But i didn't Cleared it can i appear IPCC exam without clearing CPT after B.com?
As per the guidelines of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, qualifying Common Proficiency Test is compulsory in order to register for the Integrated Professional Competence Course.
Now, since you took the test but could not get the minimum qualifying marks, you will have to re-appear for the test and will have to score a minimum of 50% marks to move on to the next stage of the Chartered Accountancy course, i.e. Integrated Professional Competence Course, Artcielship Training, Final Course etc.

It is also important to note that the council has made a proposal according to which a commerce graduate with a minimum of 55% marks and a non-commerce graduate with a minimum of 60% marks shall be exempted from Common Proficiency Test but this proposal is yet to be approved by the Union Government and unless the proposal gets the approval, qualifying Common Proficiency Test will remain mandatory for undergraduates as well as graduates.
11th May 2013, 06:58 PM
Unregistered

I m in Ty bsc IT
In dis June month I gonna give ma cpt xam

If I cleared ma cpt xam
Thn wht next I should do...???

I donno anythng abt wht next aftr cpt...
12th May 2013, 12:24 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashikant.. View Post
YES you can enrol for the IPCC stage of the CA programme even without clearing the CPT stage if you meet the below eligibilty

Commerce Graduates needs to score minimum aggregate of 55% marks in B.COM to get exemption from appearing in the CPT exams.

A candidates can get exemption from giving the CPT exams if he/she has studied atleast 3 papers from the below list of papers.
Accounting,
Auditing,
Mercantile Laws,
Corporate Laws,
Economics,
Management including Financial Management,
Taxation including Direct Tax Laws, Indirect Tax Laws etc.,
Costing,
Business Administration,
Management Accounting

For the Non Commerce Graduates, if they have scored more than 60% marks in Graduation, they get exemption from appearing in the CPT exams
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?