9th August 2012, 09:09 AM
Tongo jassi

Can I appear for NDA? I am doing 11th in Non Medical

my birth date 7/3/1995 . Can i appare for nda . Im doing 11th in non medi .

10th August 2012, 11:04 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for NDA? I am doing 11th in Non Medical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tongo jassi View Post
Hey friend,

As having born on 07/03/95 you are eligible for applying for the NDA exam as regarding your age limit needed for the exam.

It is that the candidate applying for the exam must have 16 1/2-19 years i.e born after 2nd July 1993 and not later than 1st January 1996.

But still you are not eligible for the exam,as on the condition that you have still not completed your +2 as you are only doing 11th which is not satisfying the education qualification needed for the exam

The education qualification for the exam states that the candidate must have completed +2 from a recognized school board of education

But as you are only doing your 11th standard in Non-medical stream,you are not eligible for the NDA Exam.

You need to satisfy all the criteria's which are framed for the NDA Exam as they include;

> Nationality

> Martial Status

> Age Limit

> Education Qualification

> Physical Standard

For more info check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
10th August 2012, 11:32 PM
FIRST RANK SOLUTION

National defence academy & naval academy examination (NDA)

No,you are not eligible at this stage because you are in 11th standard.
After passing 12th class you eligible only for Army Wing test.

Now, Look at the eligibility criteria of NDA Examination

**12th pass or appearing candidate are also eligible for apply.
**only unmarried male candidate eligible.
**age should be between 16.5 to 19 years.
• For Army Wing of NDA
12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of school Education, or equivalent.

• For Air Force and Naval Wings of NDA and for 10+2 (Executive Branch) Course at Naval Academy
12 th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of school Education with Physics and Mathematics.
so,firstly complete your 12th with the maximum marks.
good luck to your future.
11th August 2012, 12:38 AM
siddjain93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tongo jassi View Post

Hi friend,
Yes you are eligible to appear in NDA exam when you will be in 12th class. There is no problem even if you non medical student. As your age is 17 years this time and next year your age would be around 18 years. So, you also follow the age limits.

National Defense Academy exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice in a year. There are three wings in which you can get entry through NDA exam. These three wings are-

>>Indian Army
>>Indian Navy
>>Indian Air Force

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA-

1- You must be Indian.
2- Your age must be in between 16.5 to 19 years.
3- You must be 12th passed from a recognised board.
4- In order to get entry in Indian Navy and Airforce you must be science stream student.
5- If you have any other stream in 12th then you can get entry only in Indian Army.

11th August 2012, 07:29 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Candidates from non medical background too can apply. The age required to appear for NDA exam is 16.5 to 19 years. You are currently 17 years old but you cannot appear for the exam now as you have not completed 12th standard. By the time you complete 12th standard you will be over 19 years old. So applying to NDA exam is not option available to you.
11th August 2012, 01:06 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes, You can appear for NDA having doing 11th in non medical but after 12th standard.

UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION(UPSC) conducts NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY(NDA) entrance exam two times a year as NDA-I and NDA-II to join Indian Army, Navy and Air Force wing of NDA.

The eligible candidate must be an unmarried Indian male having either appear for the final 12th exam or pass in any stream from a recognised Board within the age of 16.5 to 19 years with good Physical and Mental health.

The candidate having Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in 12th can apply for all the three wings of NDA but the candidate having without the above subjects can only eligible to apply for Indian Army of NDA.

The selection is through written exam followed by personal interview along with Physical Fitness and Medical Test.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
15th August 2012, 09:29 PM
subhangnambardar
Senior Member+

Hey friend,

As having born on 07/03/95 you are eligible for applying for the NDA exam as regarding your age limit needed for the exam.

It is that the candidate applying for the exam must have 16 1/2-19 years i.e born after 2nd July 1993 and not later than 1st January 1996.

But still you are not eligible for the exam,as on the condition that you have still not completed your +2 as you are only doing 11th which is not satisfying the education qualification needed for the exam

The education qualification for the exam states that the candidate must have completed +2 from a recognized school board of education

But as you are only doing your 11th standard in Non-medical stream,you are not eligible for the NDA Exam.

You need to satisfy all the criteria's which are framed for the NDA Exam as they include;

> Nationality

> Martial Status

> Age Limit

> Education Qualification

> Physical Standard

For more info check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
19th August 2012, 12:30 PM
Unregistered

I HAVE TAKEN BIO IN 11th STANDARD AM I TO JOIN NDA
17th September 2012, 11:10 PM
Unregistered

can we appear in 12th and when it is conducted and where?
2nd March 2013, 11:11 PM
Unregistered

Im in 10'th right now. And my birth date is 9'th august 1997. Am i eligible for NDA?
6th April 2013, 09:05 PM
Unregistered

Can i appear in NDA exam as my date of birth is 1/1/1996? And iam pursuing 12th in medical?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?