15th May 2011, 01:53 AM
singh.richirich.richa38

Which subject should I choose for IAS exam after completing MBA in finance and marketing? When are the application forms available for IAS exam?

I have completed MBA in finance and marketing..
and wanna appear to IAS exam....plzzz give me advise about EXAM
and which subject is good for me??when will the application form for IAS be available??

15th May 2011, 07:46 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject should I choose for IAS exam after completing MBA in finance and marketing? When are the application forms available for IAS exam?

UPSC consits of two paper and each paper of Two hrs..

(Paper 1) (200 marks) consists of
  • Current events.
  • History
  • Geography
  • Indian Polity and governance
  • Economic and social development
  • and General science.

It is of purely objective type and qualifying exam...

(Paper II) (200 marks)
  • Comprehension
  • Logical reasoning and analytical ability
  • Decision making and problem solving
  • General mental ability
  • Basic numeracy(Class X level)
  • English language comprehension skills (Class X level)

It is of purely subjective type and followed by interview....
Based on the overall ranking and your choice of cadre, you will be provided IFS (Indian Foreign Service), IAS or IPS. The higher your rank, the choice is with you.

In case you have not not got a good rank and got into IFS, IAS or IPS, you may still become a Group A or B officer in the Central Govt.

In comprehension subjective paper following are the optional subject you can choose any one of it
  • Agriculture
  • Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
  • Anthropology
  • Botany
  • Chemistry
  • Civil Engineering
  • Commerce and Accountancy
  • Economics
  • Electrical Engineering
  • Geography
  • Geology
  • History
  • Law
  • Management
  • Mathematics
  • Mechanical Engineering
  • Medical Science
  • Philosophy
  • Physics
  • Political Science and International
  • Relations
  • Psychology
  • Public Administration
  • Sociology
  • Statistics
  • Zoology

Since you have done MBA you can choose Management or commerce and Accountancy...

This year submission of application is over but you can get updated information from www.upsc.gov.in
15th May 2011, 08:02 PM
ankur_1993

Location: 280/7, CHOOTA BHAGARA , ALLAHABAD-211002 ,UTTER PRADESH,INDIA.
Smile Re: Which subject should I choose for IAS exam after completing MBA in finance and marketing? When are the application forms available for IAS exam?

THE BEST SUBJECTS ARE GEOGRAPHY ,history,politices these subjects are subjects who cover G.K. AND IT IS INTERSTING ALSO
16th May 2011, 12:10 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject should I choose for IAS exam after completing MBA in finance and marketing? When are the application forms available for IAS exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by singh.richirich.richa38 View Post
I have completed MBA in finance and marketing..
and wanna appear to IAS exam....plzzz give me advise about EXAM
and which subject is good for me??when will the application form for IAS be available??
Hey friend,

IAS is a civil service exam and it is conducted by UPSC.For writing this exam the candidate must be eligible.

Eligibility:

The candidate must be a citizen of India.
The candidate must have age limit of 21-30 years.
The candidates must have got a degree from a recognized university.
The candidates who are appearing for the last degree exam are also eligible for the exam.

Important dates:

IAS Prelims 2011 :-

Date of Notification:-19 Feb 2011

Last date for receipt of applications:- 21 Mar 2011

Date of Commencement and its duration:- 12 Jun 2011, 1 Day(Sunday)

Thank you.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IAS Information..pdf(346.9 KB, 103 views)
30th May 2011, 02:55 PM
Unregistered

what is the age limit for apply ias exam?
6th June 2011, 03:13 AM
Unregistered

which one is better between marketing and finance?
11th June 2011, 07:49 PM
Unregistered

my subject in MBA is human resourse and finance which one is the best for the IAS?
24th June 2011, 11:42 AM
Norm

Wink Re: Which subject should I choose for IAS exam after completing MBA in finance and marketing? When are the application forms available for IAS exam?

This is extcaly what I was looking for. Thanks for writing!
29th June 2011, 12:21 PM

hello sir,,,
which subject should i choose for IAS exam after completing MBA in HR and FIN.?
8th July 2011, 05:18 PM
Unregistered

hello everyone,
this is krishna rajput from aligarh.i have completed MBA(I.T.) in the year 2010 and would like to appear for upsc. plz tell me the best coaching centres for it and also which subjects to be taken.i will be very thankfull to u. plz reply as soon as possible. thank u.
12th January 2012, 12:47 PM
Unregistered

WHEN THE PRELIMS EXAM OF I.A.S. IN 2012. AND WHICH SITE FORM IS AVAILABLE FOR I.A.S. EXAM IN WHICH SITE.....
8th May 2012, 11:57 PM
Unregistered

sir i have completed mba in finance which subject can i choose for ias
1st June 2013, 01:07 AM
Unregistered

i have completed mba in finance and marketing what should i do now for govt job.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?