14th June 2012, 09:04 PM
Nayannair

Can I apply for B.A English after passing compartment exam?

Can i apply for ba english after passing compartment exam?? As i want to go for ips ,is it possible???? plz help me out....

12th August 2016, 12:15 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for B.A English after passing compartment exam?

Yes, after passing the bachelor degree you are eligible to appear for Civil Services examination conducted by UPSC for recruitment as an I.A.S, I.P.S etc.. Officers.

The candidates passed 10+2 with compartment are eligible to get admission in the bachelor degree in recognised university.

The eligibility to appear for Civil Services examination is :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from recognised university.

Candidate must have minimum passing aggregate in bachelor degree.

Candidate's age must be between 21-32 years with relaxation for reserved category.

So, you can appear for examination and after qualifying in Civil Services examination conducted in three stages eligible for recruitment as an Indian Police Service Officer.
31st August 2016, 08:36 PM
ashishkumarcs
Junior Member+

Default Re: Can I apply for B.A English after passing compartment exam?

Yes, you can apply for any of the bachelor degree course(B.A, B.Sc, B.Com).

As you have mentioned that you have passed compartmental exam of 12th so you can apply in B.A. English (hons).
Also this will not effect you aim, you can apply for IAS Civil Service Exam after completing graduation.

To get admission in any of the Undergrad college you must have at least 50% marks or more in English.

For civil service examination there is no minimum percentage fixed but you must have graduation degree from a recognized university and age should be minimum 21 year
s.

For more details about civil service exam goto UPSC Official Website
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?