28th November 2010, 12:32 AM
abhishekg

Can I apply for an IT company with 59.6% in B.Tech?

My B.Tech (ece) %age is 59.6% . Can i apply in any IT company . A company that deires <60% in btech. ??

Related Questions:
  1. Way to prepare for the interview? How can I apply in the company?
  2. Is it possible to get placed in a top company after scoring 64.9 in B.Tech and 90+ in both inter and 10th?
  3. What is the procedure to apply for training in a company?
  4. Can I apply for an IT company with 59.6% in B.Tech? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. How can I apply for Internship in any company without reference being a B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) student?
  6. Expected percentile for a candidate who has scored 596.50 Composite marks in MAT?
  7. Can I get admission in any Government Polytechnic college if secured 596 rank in JEXPO being a ST candidate?
  8. Is there any company in kochi providing one week internship for CBE KTU Btech students? -- [New]
  9. Job after B.Tech(CSE) with 78% marks and 59.2% in 12th standard?
  10. In which company can I do internship program after B.Tech Electronics and Communication?
  11. How can I apply to a company for getting a project done?
  12. List of companies which offers Internship to B.Tech 2nd year student? Procedure to apply?
  13. How can we apply in top IT companies?
  14. Procedure to apply for Internship in any company for B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) 2nd year student?
  15. What will be my rank after scoring 596 marks in KEAM Medical?
  16. Possibility to apply for Internship programme in any good company for B.Tech 2nd year student? List of companies offering Internship programme?
  17. How to join Internship in any core electronics company? How can I apply for internship? What is the procedure?
  18. Can I get BCA course after taking Chemistry, Maths, Computer Application, English and Physical Education in ISC 12th?
29th November 2010, 02:26 PM
Jinu Alex

Default Re: Can I apply for an IT company with 59.6% in B.Tech?

dear friend,
though while recruitment, graduation marks are taken into account, but there are many other things that acts as an ex factor. so to get into an IT company, you need to be technically sound and in addition, it would be a boon for you if you have done any certified courses in any computer language and operating software. your fluency in english would also help you out in getting placed. to add up, boost up your confidence level too.
what i suggest you is to take part in the campus placements as those are the easiest way for you to get into a company.
so work hard with the aptitudes and sharpen your technical knowledge. all yhe very best. God bless you.
9th December 2010, 01:12 AM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Not sure whether you will be able to apply for top IT companies like Infosys or Wipro since they ask for 65% and 60% respectively.

But there are some companies which recruit students in 50%. There are some companies who check ones personality and knowledge in their field. If you have the knowledge your IT branch then I guess there wont be any problem with it.

I would suggest you to better take part in campus placements and try to learn as much as you can about your IT branch. Also prepare hard for the interview

Marks are not the only criteria to judge an engineer - Remember that!
9th December 2010, 01:48 AM
ramakant sharma

Red face Re: Can I apply for an IT company with 59.6% in B.Tech?

sorry dear but you will not be able to apply for the companies whose criteria is 60 % + they will not allow you to sit for written examination . but yes there are many more companies which does not require any criteria you may be able to get job there. but as per your specific question answer is no .
9th December 2010, 04:45 AM
jits
Senior Member++++

Now a days many of the companies are asking for a minimum of 60% aggregate as qualification.

There are some companies which checks your ability and skill other than knowledge.Its better that you get yourself registered in websites like naukri.com and timesjob.com so that you get notifications of companies asking for minimum percentage of 55 as their qualification mark.

According to me its better that you go for higher studies like M.Tech or MBA and prove out your skill by scoring well.

all the best
9th December 2010, 07:08 AM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hii
apply for an IT company with 59.6% in B.Tech
though while recruitment, graduation marks are taken into account, but there are many other things that acts as an ex factor. so to get into an IT company, you need to be technically sound and in addition, it would be a boon for you if you have done any certified courses in any computer language and operating software. your fluency in english would also help you out in getting placed. to add up, boost up your confidence level too.

good luck,
9th December 2010, 07:16 AM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Dear friend , it depends upon the criteria of company. for ex- some need atleast 60% in b.tech, some only need knowledge,personality,fluency in english not the marks. but allmost all leading companies need atleast 60% in b.tech so it would be difficult for you to apply in these companies. i will advice you to take part in campus placement as is the easiest way to get job. you can also do some software certification courses. these all will increase your chances if your communication skill is good.
9th December 2010, 07:21 AM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Can I apply for an IT company with 59.6% in B.Tech?

hello friend

don't worry with your percentage any company which want to hire people will keep a cutoff of 60% just to stop the flow of application forms so don't worry they will not only consider the percentage they don't need it also you must prove that to them in the application letter that you're capable to their company so you have to add up many things like workshop certificates and many trainings and the projects you have done previously like mini and main projects so that the recruiter will not much care about your percentage

build up your skills and apply the jobs with a personal letter too

if you can build a confidence that you're the best among the available stuff then you are going to definitely win the job in this huge competition

all the best

~aditya~
9th December 2010, 07:57 AM
manikantakaligiri

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishekg View Post
My B.Tech (ece) %age is 59.6% . Can i apply in any IT company . A company that deires <60% in btech. ??
sure you can apply for small companies until you got experience.
After that no one can ask about percentage.
9th December 2010, 08:57 AM
Saikiran M

Quote:
Hey abhishek,

You can appeal to your university in a very kind manner to round your
percentage to 60. It will be done..
Try this. It worked with two(out of two) of my candidates.

NOTE:
This is not a rule or a option to a candidate. But as a general matter of concern,
you can take this issue to the view of good officials of your college and then to
university with a recommendation from your college head/dean/principal.

Another thing is you can represent your percentage as 60 in your resume as a round figure.
Its not a big deal. No IT company verifies this and even if they do, they will take it as 60 only...
And this makes you completely eligible for many good IT companies.

So its not a matter to worry at all...

Please refer to this answer(no#8) too it will be much useful to you.(Click here)

Good Luck Dear.
Mahendrakar Sai Kiran ©®
9th December 2010, 09:20 AM
rahul_kumar066

Dear
If you are asking about round figure of your percentage then i would like to say one thing that percentage of marks can't be shown in round figure it will be same as it is but you don't have to worry there are many company that recruit those students who have less than 60% marks
9th December 2010, 11:10 AM
deepak.manit2007

Hi,
Yes You are eligible for few IT companies that do not have such criteria.This includes IBM ,WIPRO,INCTURE etc.The only thing companies need is good logical and analytical skills.Its better if you read few basic computer science subject and C language.Currently IT industry is at boom and you can easily get a job.There is one test available at WWW.ELITMUS.cm.After clearing that test you may get calls from IT companies.
All the Best
9th December 2010, 11:15 AM
mishra245

yes friend you can apply for some IT companies.
your marks are compatible very low as recommended y higher IT companies but you can apply and submit resume for this.
9th December 2010, 12:18 PM
saswata06

Yes,Although many companies recruit students having more than 60% marks but there are some companies which will recruit students having 50 to 60% marks.So don't lose hope and keep your hard work going.You can instead prepare for M.Tech.
9th December 2010, 12:18 PM
pratiktortikar

Quote:
Hey,
With 59.6% you cannot tak epart in campus placements as they demand more than 60%,almost every IT company which goes for campus selections does require students with more than 60% and of course you can't even apply in big IT companies like dell,cts etc... as your b.tech percentage is less than 60.You will have to try in companies which accepts people less than 60% .

If you have perfection in any software or you if you have done any computer course you can apply to any company which requires such knowledge.
9th December 2010, 12:24 PM
pratiktortikar

Quote:
With your b.tech percentage 50.6% you cannot apply in big It companies like dell,cts etc... as they always hire professionals who scored above 60% in bachelors degree.You can't even take part in campus placements as they also demand the percentage cut off of atleast 60%. So if you have good knowledge in any software or if you have done any comouter course you can apply through it.
9th December 2010, 12:43 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Normally for MNC's you need to have a minimum of 60%. You can try smaller firms. Gain experience and then with the experience you should be able to try for the MNC after a couple of years.
9th December 2010, 01:13 PM
sunkanna

Quote:
todays IT companies wants the students who got above 60% in his B.Tech.why because in this IT field there are so many students with 60% in his course.but some companies wants 65% or 70%.recently TCS asked 60%.but in any case there is a solution try and try.
9th December 2010, 02:05 PM
RAKESH KUMAR.N
Senior Member+

Hi friend

I am not sure that you will be taken into account, you should have more then 60% from the 10th,12th and degree

*If you have a Reference you can go easily with that, try for that, or

*Go and join any other small company, and get experience for more then 3 to 4 years, then with the help of experience you can get into the company easily

*you need good Experience or Good Mark to get

Good luck
9th December 2010, 04:08 PM
lavanyaratala

Chances are very very less.......Every IT company will keep a cut-off of 70 % maximum.......so try for some other jobs
9th December 2010, 04:14 PM
NITESH KUMAR SHARMA 073

Red face Re: Can I apply for an IT company with 59.6% in B.Tech?

Quote:
YES U CAN APPLY
there r many companies without any aggregate criteria where u can be employed so u just need to search some of these companies who may recruit u as a software tester etc.
so i think u just need to try.
9th December 2010, 04:15 PM
mseetharamster

Yes you can apply but sorry to say that it will have limits in all the ways possible.

As the outcome of engineering students are increasing companies will search for the better specimen in all the ways that can be measured.Marks is also one.

So if the requirement is too high,depending the aggregate of your college if its on campus placement,if its off you may not be eligible for sure....

Try to enter organization through small jobs,once you entered no one can stop you.
9th December 2010, 08:15 PM
kvrob139
Senior Member++

Hi,

Most of the IT companies have a minimum percentage criteria of 60%. You may not be eligible for their selection procedure. You can check with companies which take direct recruitment and also post your resume on job sites like Naukri.com.
9th December 2010, 09:28 PM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Dear friend,
Most of the high level MNC demand 60% overall,but you have a little less than their requirement,but dont upset,you can apply for those companies whose are demand 55% in B.tech.
You can apply for,
HCL
Satyam
Infotech
Micropro
etc...
23rd December 2010, 04:17 PM
Unregistered

hi my name is aswanth....elitmus test avalible in online? then i will taken online test.....it is possible are not...what is rules in your organigation.....am B-TECH FRESHER... persentage is 68%.online test your organigation possible are not..plese inform me.
9th February 2011, 02:22 PM
Unregistered

Having 3 Years of experience in Software Testing with Less than 50% Marks in B.Tech..can apply for MNC companies?
9th February 2011, 02:29 PM
Unregistered

My Name is Shymala, i completed my B.Tech with 49% in 2004. i have now 5 experience in Testing. Now am elijible to apply all Companies?
Please suggest me.
26th February 2011, 11:47 PM
Unregistered

i hve gt 58% mrks in 10th nd 67% mrks in 12th nd 66% mrks in b.tech(i.t)...
plz suggest me I.T companies in whch i cn aply
27th February 2011, 01:58 PM
omprakash sharma

Hi,

Most of the IT companies have a minimum percentage criteria of 60%. You may not be eligible for their selection procedure.
Not sure whether you will be able to apply for top IT companies like Infosys or Wipro since they ask for 65% and 60% respectively.

But there are some companies which recruit students in 50%. There are some companies who check ones personality and knowledge in their field. If you have the knowledge your IT branch then I guess there wont be any problem with it.

I would suggest you to better take part in campus placements and try to learn as much as you can about your IT branch. Also prepare hard for the interview

Marks are not the only criteria to judge an engineer - Remember that!
27th February 2011, 09:21 PM
Sneha1247

hi!!!!
Good percentage are required but nowadays IT industries are booming up so that skilled professionals are demanded wether you do not have good percentage in your technical degree.So better to sharp your skills first.
here are few site which can help you to find a job:
www.indeedjobs.in
www.shine.com
www.freshersone.com
www.timesjobs.in

with best wishes!!!!
12th June 2011, 12:40 AM
amit gaur054

My dear friend.....
>Though while recruitment, graduation marks are taken into selection procedure, but there are many other things that acts as an ex factor. so to get into an IT company, you need to be technically sound and in addition, it would be a boon for you if you have done any certified courses in any computer language and operating software. your fluency in english would also help you out in getting placed. to add up, boost up your confidence level too.
what i suggest you is to take part in the campus placements as those are the easiest way for you to get into a company.
so work hard with the aptitudes and sharpen your technical knowledge. all yhe very best. God bless you.
21st September 2011, 10:35 PM
Unregistered

What if a guy with B.ttech cgpa as 5.92/10 applies for E-litmus..?wil he get calls even if he secures a good pH score in that let's say more than 85%??
4th May 2012, 08:04 PM
Unregistered

hello sir/ madam,
i completed my btech in c.s.e with 59.01% in 2007, later i worked as lecturer in engineering college for 2011, and paralally compled mba marketing in 2011, is there any chance to get into software field as software engineer. my mail id is [email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?