19th November 2010, 09:00 PM
Deepakkkkk

How to get a job in good software company with less than 60% aggregate in final year?

Hey, I have my B.tech. aggregate as 54.25, 12th as 71.6 and of 10th as 70.8, how can I get a job in a good software firm???

Please help me out to find a job in a company like TCS whose eligibility is a problem for me???

Related Questions:
  1. How to get a job in good company being a candidate of pursuing B.Tech final year in IT with one backlog and having an aggregate of 63%?
  2. Opportunities after BTech with 56% Aggregate?
  3. Is it possible to get a job job in lower software company if education record is not good?
  4. Is it possible for me to get any software job in Bangalore after completion of BCA course?
  5. Am I eligible to get a job in any Software company after scoring 83% in Diploma and 62% marks in BE? -- [New]
  6. Will I get a job in any software company after scoring less than 60% in aggregate in B.E exam
  7. How to get a software job with 79% aggregate till 3rd year of B.Tech? Is there any use with the more aggregate in B.Tech? How can I get a software job?
  8. Will I get placed in a good company with low aggregate in final year B.Tech?
  9. Which company I can apply for to get a software job after completion of B.E Mechanical course?
  10. What is the eligibility criteria followed for getting a job in good software company?
  11. Sample Resumes for final year Engineering candidates in EEE to get job in Software company?
  12. What preparation I should have to get good Job in good Company being a candidate pursuing final year of B.Tech in ECE? Can I join in IT companies? What are the requirements to get into this IT field?
  13. How to get a good software job in a good software company right after completion of B.Tech course?
  14. Am I eligible to get job in software company after completion of diploma and B.E?
  15. Can I get a job in software company after completing engineering with 64%?
  16. Need tips to get job in good software companies just after B.Tech?
  17. Which is a better choice for me between Masters degree and Job pursuing final year of ECE in BE having an aggregate of 80% with no backlogs?
  18. What are basic needs to get job software company like TCS?
21st November 2010, 04:13 PM
VEERU_VIRENDR
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to get a job in good software company with less than 60% aggregate in final year?

HELLO,you have not eligibility problem,just do the appropriate course which can groom your carrier.today it's the world of talent if you have the talent then forgot what grades you have got just try to show it to the world.you can do the diploa courses like PGDCA with good marks or MBA(specialized) will make your carrier as you want.just take the CAT exam & get your post graduate degree with renowned institutes of business management in india.your percentage of higher secondary & high school shows you have talent & show it so you will be eligible for everything you want.
OK, BEST OF LUCK.
25th November 2010, 02:17 PM
Deepakkkkk

Default Re: How to get a job in good software company with less than 60% aggregate in final year?

thank you brother. I think you are right....................
6th December 2010, 10:10 PM
Unregistered

excuse me guys.......there is any other chance vthout dng PG
7th December 2010, 07:50 AM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

your percentage are good in 10th and 12th but in b.tech you secured less then 60% .for your kind information i want to inform you that most of the well known companies require atleast 60% in b.tech. so you are not elligible for applying in these companies .but if you are talented then show your talent to world , you will definetely get job. but i will recommend you to go for courses like-M.Tech and MBA to get job in reputed companies.
7th December 2010, 03:11 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: How to get a job in good software company with less than 60% aggregate in final year?

Hello friend
up to my knowledge you Don't need to worry ya coz companies like tcs or Microsoft just keep cut off for applicants just to take best of them but everyone are eligible for writing aptitude exam if you can show extraordinary performance the company will not think about your percentage what they want is the top stuff available in the market if you can Prove that you're the best then definitely they will select and you can one among the prestigious companies for this you have to do is develop your skills in all ways and make the world believe that your best then what tcs the prestigious Google will also back of you with a call letter

all the best

~aditya~
7th December 2010, 03:20 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: How to get a job in good software company with less than 60% aggregate in final year?

hey dude. don't upset. if you are good in study and u know that u will crack the exam, then u will send your resume and a letter in which u just have to appolozise them in a very good way. so that they can call u for an interview. it depends on you that how will u encourage the panel members.......

so don't be get upset......

apply apply, have a reply.....
otherwise no reply
7th December 2010, 05:24 PM
Saikiran M

Arrow Good IT companies accept profiles with not less than 60% in recent academics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepakkkkk View Post
Hey, I have my B.tech. aggregate as 54.25, 12th as 71.6 and of 10th as 70.8, how can I get a job in a good software firm???

Please help me out to find a job in a company like TCS whose eligibility is a problem for me???
Hi Deepak,

Its Pity to inform you that you are ineligible to work
with anyone of the Fortune 500 companies which include
all good IT companies like CTS, Accenture, HSBC, TCS etc.

I have been a coordinator for around 55 Job fairs/recruitment/ testing part.

Everywhere, We were instructed to accept the profiles with
a percentage of 60 & above in the highest qualification of the candidate

I Have two suggestions for you to get with a good IT industry
  1. Join any software institute like ZOOM/NIIT/etc., and learn any course of
    your choice and get recruited through them
  2. Complete your PG (M TECH) Course with not less than 60% aggregate.

This is the best choice available to you. It will help your career for sure!
Follow any one...
WARNING: Don't ruin your career by wandering around small IT companies
which will make you end with a CTC(Salary) of 3.5L PA even after 4 years.

You can reply to this thread for further queries.

-- Mahendrakar Sai Kiran ©®
7th December 2010, 06:42 PM
Poonia (SSP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
excuse me guys.......there is any other chance vthout dng PG
Yes there are other alternate options also:
1.Do SCJP and get job in any software company with good package
2.There are other programs of various software languages being conducted at Bangalore through which you can manage to get in top MNC's !!
3.You can apply to Wipro (B.Tech 50%),google ,Yahoo which do not give weightage to b.tech %,if you qualify there rounds you can manage to get hefty pacakage if you are really master of software industry!!
4.There are other options also like to get in start up company first and then you can switch to MNC on experience basis!!
Eg: One of my friend having B.Tech (49%) is working with google @17Lakh per annum ,joined google in 2009 @ package of 12 Lakh per annum!!
My friend if you possess talent doors are always open for you !!
Never loose Hope in your Life ,there are always some option available in Life ,just you need to discover ,so get ready to discover them & find a good job for you .Also you can go for PG courses,if you need any details regarding courses at Bangalore ,please free to mail me at [email protected]!!
Best Wishes for Future!!
7th December 2010, 06:49 PM
RAKESH KUMAR.N
Senior Member+

hey deepak, the only thing for you is to go for PG.....

besides talents the only thing to get into top companies as a fresher is the percentage...

So you can opt for PG courses in your area of interest in which you can show your talents and get a good job opportunity in top companies...

When you become the master in your area of interest there is no space for grades in your career...

So go ahead with your studies and have a bright future..

all the best...........
7th December 2010, 09:19 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friends

No doubt that most of the software companies consider the grades of b. tech and 12th too during the recruitment procedure and this can happen in both big or small companies.
This is done so that during placement they can eliminate some candidates to decrease the load of subsequent steps of selection.
But, if you are applying off-campus and you mention some of your good project work then you might get a chance to appear interview.
You need to prove yourself at the time of interview that you are worthy for the company.
Just be good at technical approach and you will get in. The software industry looks for smart people so apart from technical skill you should be good in communication skill too which will be an extra advantage for you.
If you do not have good project done by yourself, do it now.
Keep in mind that you need to prove yourself before the interviewer.

Thank You
8th December 2010, 12:33 AM
ramakant sharma

Thumbs up Re: How to get a job in good software company with less than 60% aggregate in final year?

hello deepak no doubt you are talented as your 10th and 12 th marks are really nice but brother in todays era there is lot of competition so companies are putting there minimum criteria that is 60 + in degree to filter students and as your percent is 54 no mnc will allow to sit you in written itself. i am not depressing you but it is a fact . there are ways to eliminate this problem

1 . you may appear for entrance of pg like gate , gre, cat etc and may be able to grasp a good opportunity and a better future than that of b tech .

2 if you are dedicated towards job than only alternate is go for small companies show your talent there and work hard to learn industrial approach after a year switch the job at this time you will have experience certificate and a lot to show your talent after that certificate no one will consider your percentage .

but at fresher level .. than sorry dude but it seems very difficult to approach a mnc.

good luck
8th December 2010, 06:18 PM
Pranjal Srivastav

Hi,

For being as a software engineer you will have to do the IT course from any reputed institute.OK
8th December 2010, 07:34 PM
kvrob139
Senior Member++

Hi,

You are not eligible for a software company like TCS due to your percentage. But don't worry you can go in the defence IT services or other government jobs.
One thing more you can do is that post your resume on sites like Naukri.com.
9th December 2010, 09:43 PM
Unregistered

Hi,
Iam studying b.tech in information technology.My aggregate is 52% till 3rd year.Now Iam in 4th year.Can I get a software job in a reputed company after completing b.tech
please reply me.
9th December 2010, 11:24 PM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Dear friend,
Most of the high level MNC companies demand 60% overall,you have a little less than the requirement...
But dont upset you get some opportunity in such companies,like
HCL
INFOTECH
Satyam
Dell
etc...
9th December 2010, 11:25 PM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Talking Re: How to get a job in good software company with less than 60% aggregate in final year?

Dear friend,
Most of the high level MNC companies demand 60% overall,you have a little less than the requirement...
But dont upset you get some opportunity in such companies,like
HCL
INFOTECH
Satyam
Dell
etc...
10th December 2010, 10:02 AM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,
Iam studying b.tech in information technology.My aggregate is 52% till 3rd year.Now Iam in 4th year.Can I get a software job in a reputed company after completing b.tech
please reply me.
hello sir

according to your percentage if you maintain the same in 4th year also it is very tough to you to get a job in good it company

try to increase your percentage atleast this last year

you can get a job after b.tech but with low salary job you have to gain experience and then you'll get satisfied by the pay hikes by the company

all the best

~aditya~
15th December 2010, 02:33 PM
Unregistered

Smile Re: How to get a job in good software company with less than 60% aggregate in final year?

HI hay dont worry there are few company which doesnt see ur % , mainly foreign base companies...so i suggest u better go to Bangalore....there are thousands of company's.......at least 1 day u can go to 5 companies n attempt interviews......all the best ...
20th December 2010, 04:56 PM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Quote:

Dear friend,
You have a good marks in 10 and 12 standard,but in graduation has alittle less than the requirement...
Most of the companies demand 60% in graduate,then you are not eligible but dont warry you get a good job in MNC...
21st December 2010, 09:16 AM
Unregistered

iam asha.i am MCA with 72% but in my graduation i have only 52% is there any chance to get job in any s/w company.
22nd December 2010, 02:57 PM
Unregistered

hi am maitri . i completed engineering this year but due to my aggregate am not at all getting job i mean even not getting chance to attend interview and am not interested to do higher studies also please help me my mind got fully strucked and even am depressed much
25th December 2010, 05:17 PM
Unregistered

my b.e percentage is 58.75%
12th 63%
10th 72%
i am now 7th sem.i can get any softwarejob in mnc???i need a job very much.
27th December 2010, 10:24 PM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Cool Re: How to get a job in good software company with less than 60% aggregate in final year?

Hi dear ,

you can get job in good software companies easly ,

by having good technical as well as softskill, good command over english ,good communication skill, keep good knoledge about many good MNC.

By having all these quality you can easly clear your interview.

GOOD LUCK......
28th December 2010, 07:21 AM
Meenu.D

Quote:

Worry about your marks... Study the software course that they want most ...It will help you to get a job from that company....
2nd January 2011, 07:46 PM
jits
Senior Member++++

Your percentage is too low to secure a good job hence i suggest you to go through coaching centers like NIIT/APTECH and other such courses.

You can even go through P.G course like M.tech or M.B.A which will be helpful for you to secure a good job.If your interested subject wise and think to do specialization in your subject then i suggest you to prefer M.tech else if your interested in business stream than nothing other than MBA will be the best choice for you.

Its even important that you develop your communication skills so that you get yourself into a good position.Its better that you prepare well for GATE/CAT .
9th January 2011, 12:21 PM
Unregistered

Due to some personnel problem, competed B.Tech in 8 years..can i get job in IT?
16th January 2011, 02:00 PM
Unregistered

hello sir my btech percentage is 54% now iam doing b.tech 3-2 sem currently my inter percentage is 63.5%,10th percentage is 63% sir
please tell me how can i get good job in a good or reputed companies i have less percentage in btech as i said iam in 3rd year 2 sem
my question is either i have to do either m.tech or mba which one has a great boom in this present world or else with this percentage
i can get job i have no guidence please guide me and give your valuable response sir
b.tech:54%(currently doing 3-2 sem)
12th :63.5%
10th :63%
so please answer to my questions
16th January 2011, 02:20 PM
Unregistered

hello sir............................................... .....
btech:54%(3-2 sem currently doing)
12th :63.5%
10th :63%
sir i have 60 % in 10th and 12th but i have 54% in btech(iam in 3-2 sem currently) but i stayed in 54 or between 54-60% then with this percentage can i elgible for reputed or good companies or else i have to do m.tech or mba which one has boom now,give me the
valuable suggestions for me , what are the courses i have to do please give me your valuable suggestions please suggest any courses
for me and give your valuable suggestions my email : [email protected]
17th January 2011, 03:50 PM
khanddn
Senior Member+

Hi
Friend,
First of All try to increase your percentage in the last semester Although if you fail to do so than there are lots of MNC software company in silicon city i mean Bangalore they need not bother about their academic percentage but you have to fulfill their Requirements by having a excellent Technical Knowledge as well as superb communication skill and willing to work under a highly pressurized environment with Rotational shifts.....
I am currently Residing in Bangalore and what my suggestion is improve your communication skill as much as You can.

All the Best..
25th January 2011, 01:00 PM
Unregistered

sir i have got 58% aggregate in b.tech till 6th semester.can i get gib in good company and which company follow these criteria for freshers??
26th January 2011, 11:06 PM
edgeineervinay
Senior Member+

Quote:

i suggest u to do mtech because it doesnt matter ur 12th percentage in tcs like company they will only see ur knowledge and ur degree performance .u must have 60% cross in btech
29th January 2011, 02:54 PM
Unregistered

hi frnz...
i hav 56% in my BE(electronics and communication),68% in my 10th and 64% in my 12th..........r ther any chances for me in geting into any of the good software companies......im currently in my 8th sem.........if any then plz suggest me some companies so tat i can opt for them.
30th January 2011, 05:14 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Most of the good companies have requirement above 60%, so first try in smaller companies and then apply in good companies after you have gained experience.
5th February 2011, 05:14 PM
Unregistered

HEY PLZ TELL ME IF THERE ARE SOFTWARE COMPANIES WHICH HAVE NO CRITERIA BUT IN PUNE
IF , THEN GIV THE NAMES OF THOSE COMPANIES

Please reply me , i have 54.68 % aggregate in my BE-IT
28th February 2011, 07:03 PM
Unregistered

I have secured 59.67% (approx to 60% on round off) in class tenth (from an up board ,english medium school) , 70.67% in class twelth (from an up board ,english medium school) and I am persuing b.tech third year (from I.T. branch ,uptu) with 72% then
how many IT companies can allow me for placement activities ? and what are problems and how they can be resolved ? please reply........
3rd March 2011, 02:04 PM
Unregistered

i have less percentage in b.tech now iam studying last sem of b.tech in ece so i wanted to cover up that percentage in this last sem...
can i get aggregate of 60% ?????? to get a aggregate of 60% i need to get 90% in this last sem then only i'll be eligible to mnc's im so
tensed in this sem getting so much of scare due to that im not able to concentrate on this last sem if i get 90% in this sem can i get
a software job ?
please suggest me now wat should i do to get a software job pls give me some suggestions
3rd March 2011, 02:21 PM
Unregistered

i have less % in my b.tech can i get a good job in software companies by learning software languages like sap and oracle
16th March 2011, 06:46 PM
amlendu
Senior Member++

hi friend,
your percentage are good in 10th and 12th but in b.tech you secured less then 60% .for your kind information i want to inform you that most of the well known companies require atleast 60% in b.tech. so you are not elligible for applying in these companies .but if you are talented then show your talent to world , you will definetely get job. but i will recommend you to go for courses like-M.Tech and MBA to get job in reputed companies.
as Your percentage is too low to secure a good job hence i suggest you to go through coaching centers like NIIT/APTECH and other such courses.

You can even go through P.G course like M.tech or M.B.A which will be helpful for you to secure a good job.If your interested subject wise and think to do specialization in your subject then i suggest you to prefer M.tech else if your interested in business stream than nothing other than MBA will be the best choice for you.

Its even important that you develop your communication skills so that you get yourself into a good position.Its better that you prepare well for GATE/CAT .
thanks
16th March 2011, 06:47 PM
amlendu
Senior Member++

hi friend,
your percentage are good in 10th and 12th but in b.tech you secured less then 60% .for your kind information i want to inform you that most of the well known companies require atleast 60% in b.tech. so you are not elligible for applying in these companies . but i will recommend you to go for courses like-M.Tech and MBA to get job in reputed companies.
as Your percentage is too low to secure a good job hence i suggest you to go through coaching centers like NIIT/APTECH and other such courses.

thanks
16th May 2011, 12:26 AM
Unregistered

I am an engineer in computer science . i have 77% in 12 ,80% in 10th but in engineering aggrigate in 59 % what should i do ?
will i get a job in IT industry ?
22nd May 2011, 01:05 AM
Unregistered

Hi, i hv done MCA with 61% but i have 72 % in 10th std. and 45% in 12th std, 50 % in graduation. Please guide me how to approach my career as i am not getting job in good companies. I want to work for good companies to get the good projects.....also i have done SCJP 6 with 90%...Please tell me how can i approach for the companies as most of the companies are asking for the criteria higher than what i have in my hand.......i am getting too much depressed due this.....i cant think anything else due to this problem. Please guide me for this corner of my career.
31st May 2011, 10:00 PM
Unregistered

do they only see ur final year result or entire four years.....................................
31st May 2011, 10:05 PM
Unregistered

do companies see ur last year aggregate or entire four years........................
1st July 2011, 12:52 PM
Unregistered

Santhosh
Hey, I have my MCA - 64% (Correspondence), Degree 55%, 12th as 53% and of 10th as 52%, how can I get a job in a good software firm???

24th July 2011, 10:51 PM
Unregistered

Hi,I am having 73%(B.E),41%(12th),61%(10th),9.12 CGPA(M.tech) can i get placed in good s/w company? plz help me out, I am in big frustration now.. plzzz suggest me any thing good.
25th July 2011, 03:32 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Good IT companies accept profiles with not less than 60% in recent academics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saikiran M View Post
Hi Deepak,

1. Join any software institute like ZOOM/NIIT/etc., and learn any course of
  2. Complete your PG (M TECH) Course with not less than 60% aggregate.

Follow any one...

You can reply to this thread for further queries.

-- Mahendrakar Sai Kiran ©®

well SAI thanks for the quote its good.and I have a percentage of 60 in tenth and 75 in 12Th and 70 in my BE and i completed my degree in 2007 . wanted to get in software company well i have one year experience in BPO but then that is not the end of it i have experience in the manufacturing sectors and now seeking job in Software company..is there a way to get a job...if so please let me know....I am really keen in trying for it...
31st July 2011, 12:14 AM
kartikayan

Hi dear,

Join any software institute like ZOOM/NIIT/etc., and learn any course of
Complete your PG (M TECH) Course with not less than 60% aggregate.

Follow any one...

Thanks
31st July 2011, 09:59 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

see, don't worry about low percentage in B.Tech. remember you have good percentage in 12th and 10th.

so you will definitely get jobs in Software company .

although you will face some problems during the period of campusing.

you will not be eligiable in some companies.

so if you get a small company, you must get into that company. and hire some experience.

after having experience, you you can switch into big company..

all the best..........
31st July 2011, 08:42 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

dear friend,

the eligibility criteria for TCS :-

1) you must score 60% in through out in career.
2)backlog are not allowed.
3)maximum 2 years gape are allowed.

your 10+2 marks is not above 60% so you are not eligible for TCS exam.

all the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?