6th May 2011, 10:22 AM
Unregistered

Age or height criteria for getting selected in Indian Military Academy?

I completed my graduation in 2008 and now i am running in 23 age i want to know what is the age or height criteria for getting selection in indian miliatery acadmey

4th August 2011, 12:34 AM
sachin200792

Default Re: Age or height criteria for getting selected in Indian Military Academy?

For Direct Entry candidates in age group 19-24 having qualification some degree or equivalent can take exam of Combined Defence Services Examination through UPSC

For Technical Graduate Course (Engineering Graduates & Post Graduates in Science and Humanities) candidates of age group 20-27 having qualification of Engineering Degree/PG in notified discipline can apply direct for SSB Interview

Technical Entry Scheme can be applied by candicates of age group 16½ - 19½ having qualified 10+2 with 70% aggregate in PCM can apply directly to Recruiting Directorate.

Final and Pre Final year BE/B Tech students of age group 19-25 can apply directly and get selected by Campus Interview & SSB.

Height criteria:
The minimum acceptable Height is 157.5 cms. For Gorkhas and individuals belonging to hills of North Eastern region of India, Garhwal and Kumaon, the minimum acceptable height will reduced by 2 cms.
4th August 2011, 03:23 PM
liquid

Default Re: Age or height criteria for getting selected in Indian Military Academy?

average hight should be 5 ft 8 inches,and you must cross 18 years.
before that get all the information from gladrags magazine about the perticipants which will be additional help to you
4th August 2011, 03:24 PM
liquid

average hight should be 5 ft 8 inches,and you must cross 18 years.
before that get all the information from gladrags magazine about the perticipants which will be additional help to you
thank you,
23rd August 2011, 02:50 PM
Unregistered

can i get direct entry in airforce 12th percentage basis
4th November 2011, 10:45 AM
Unregistered

i m NCC 'c' certicicet hoilder and i m BA ,my age 25 year old so, can i join IMA
7th November 2011, 08:24 PM
Unregistered

Sir iam 22 years compleated,i complet dte and studing degree 2(seacond) year,iam intrested with indian army,i join indian army? Please tell me sir.
12th November 2011, 09:44 AM
rudramishra

For Direct Entry candidates in age group 19-24 having qualification some degree or equivalent can take exam of Combined Defence Services Examination through UPSC

For Technical Graduate Course (Engineering Graduates & Post Graduates in Science and Humanities) candidates of age group 20-27 having qualification of Engineering Degree/PG in notified discipline can apply direct for SSB Interview

Technical Entry Scheme can be applied by candicates of age group 16½ - 19½ having qualified 10+2 with 70% aggregate in PCM can apply directly to Recruiting Directorate.

Final and Pre Final year BE/B Tech students of age group 19-25 can apply directly and get selected by Campus Interview & SSB.

Height criteria:
The minimum acceptable Height is 157.5 cms. For Gorkhas and individuals belonging to hills of North Eastern region of India, Garhwal and Kumaon, the minimum acceptable height will reduced by 2 cms.
15th November 2011, 01:06 AM
Unregistered

can i join indian army or navy after 10
15th November 2011, 11:00 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
Age eligibility for I.M.A :-

1.Candidate must have attend the age 19 years and must not have completed the age 24 years..

Hight eligibility for I.M.A:-

Candidates minimum hight should be 157.5 cms.
For Those who lived in hills , the hight relaxation is 2 cms..

All the best.
11th January 2012, 07:37 PM
Unregistered

am I eligible for CDS ? my hight is 5'5 ?
Email me at [email protected]
2nd March 2012, 05:24 PM
Unregistered

am i 5'3 height completed my inter is i engible for military. Email me at [email protected]
22nd March 2013, 03:09 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

To join Indian Military Academy, you will have to appear for CDS examination, which is conducted by UPSC every year.

The selection procedure for the CDS examination is mentioned as below:-

* Written examination.

* SSB interview.

* Medical/Physical Test.

The age and height criteria required for the CDS examination for Indian Military Academy are prescribed as below:-

* Age limit:- 18-24 yrs for IMA.

* Physical eligibility:-

18th July 2013, 03:14 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my graduation n my hight is 157cm but my age is 26 & i belongs to OBC cast, so please tell me may i eligible or no for Indian Millitary Acadamy, my email id- [email protected]
19th July 2013, 03:01 AM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend........

To join the Indian Military Academy first you can crack the CDS exam.

CDS stands for Combined Defense Service.

This exam conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

CDS - I

CDS - II

Age limit:

Indian Military Academy:

19 to 24 years.

Indian Naval:

19 to 22 years.

Indian Air force:

19 to 23 years.

Officer Training:

19 to 25 years.

Selection Process:

Written Test

Interview

Medical Test

Physical Standards:

Physical Standards for female candidates:

All the best.....
19th July 2013, 05:02 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Sorry with 26 years of age you are not eligible for Indian Military Academy.

For Indian Military Academy one has to apply for CDS Examination.

Age Limit for CDS :

Indian Military Academy - 19 to 24 years

Indian Air Force Academy - 19 to 23 years

Indian Naval Academy - 19 to 22 years

Officers' Training Academy - 19 to 25 years

Selection Procedure:

-Objective Type Test

-SSB Interview

-Medical Examination

So as per notification you are not eligible for IMA.

For more information visit http://www.upsc.gov.in
19th July 2013, 05:57 PM
maruthidevi

Height criteria:
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?