26th October 2010, 01:36 AM
ashiyan

Can I apply for GATE exam in Physics if I am doing B.Tech Electrical Engineering? Is it possible to do MSc Physics after doing B.Tech?

Respected Sir/Mam,

I am doing B.Tech in electrical engineering..but i want to do M.Sc in Physics after doing my b.tech.....can i apply for gate exam in Physics? and is it possible to do M.Sc in Physics after doing b.tech? plz reply soon..thank u...

1st August 2011, 11:19 PM
dagamahajan

Default Re: Can I apply for GATE exam in Physics if I am doing B.Tech Electrical Engineering? Is it possible to do MSc Physics after doing B.Tech?

Yes you can but you must have a minimum of 2 semesters or an year of study in that field.One semester you might have done in physics in the first year and the next 1 semester you can opt for open electives offered by the physics department of your institute.Moreover you can apply for M.tech course anywhere in INDIA.There are many institutes in the country which offers post graduation which includes IIT's and NIT's and its not difficult to get admissions in that institutes.Just an year of hard study will do the rest.
2nd August 2011, 09:11 AM
sachin200792

Default Re: Can I apply for GATE exam in Physics if I am doing B.Tech Electrical Engineering? Is it possible to do MSc Physics after doing B.Tech?

The choice of the appropriate paper is your own responsibility. You are expected to appear in a paper appropriate to the discipline of qualifying degree i.e., you are expected to take GATE exam with electrical engineering paper. However, you are free to choose any paper according to your admission plan, keeping in mind the eligibility criteria of the institutions in which you wish to seek admission. Every institute has its own policy.So, You must confirm it from the institution itself whether you will be able to do M.Sc. in physics or not.
22nd October 2011, 03:28 AM
Unregistered

Thanks a lot for ur valuable suggestions frnds..
10th December 2011, 06:06 PM
Unregistered

Can't I study physics if I want to study physics.....?y do instutions have age and other totaly illogocal conditions setup if I want to get admmission in to..
10th December 2011, 09:50 PM
jayparikh

Smile Re: Can I apply for GATE exam in Physics if I am doing B.Tech Electrical Engineering? Is it possible to do MSc Physics after doing B.Tech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashiyan View Post
Respected Sir/Mam,

I am doing B.Tech in electrical engineering..but i want to do M.Sc in Physics after doing my b.tech.....can i apply for gate exam in Physics? and is it possible to do M.Sc in Physics after doing b.tech? plz reply soon..thank u...
Hi Ashiyan,

see, Choice of gate paper is completely depends on you. GATE authority has nothing to do in it.

Only thing is ,you have to check this with the college where you want to take admission,each institute has their own criteria for admission

You need to check following two topics:-

-Is B.tech student is eligible for M.SC in their organization

-Is Physics paper in Gate is valid for admission to their M.Sc course.

If you get affirmative answer for these question then you can definitely go ahead.

Best of luck

regards.
16th December 2011, 12:06 PM
bishnu_g

yes friend you can to apply but b.tech is eqivalent to msc physics
BEST WISHES
16th December 2011, 02:01 PM
chint123

you can take GATE exam with electrical engineering paper. However, you are free to choose any paper according to your admission plan, keeping in mind the eligibility criteria of the institutions in which you wish to seek admission. Every institute has its own policy.So, You must confirm it from the institution itself whether you will be able to do M.Sc. in physics or not.
11th February 2012, 10:18 PM
Unregistered

how can i receive my admit card if i forget my application .
29th March 2012, 11:26 AM
Unregistered

I want to go in the research field in physics. I have done btech in electronics and communications.can you please suggest me which course can i opt now.any specialization courses or msc courses from iits or niits or DU?
12th May 2013, 09:53 PM
Unregistered

I want to go in research field in astrophysics.i have done btech electrical engineering.can you suggest me to how i would go to astrophysics research field
28th June 2013, 12:18 AM
Unregistered

Even I want to do research in astrophysics and I am doing some amount of work towards it. Even I have completed b.tech. Do contact me with your details if u r interested. my email id - [email protected]
16th April 2014, 03:01 PM
Unregistered

how to prepare for gate physics paper when currently doing b.tech with ec branch??
6th April 2015, 10:20 PM
Unregistered

I am studying B.TECH 3rd year. Now I intend to study MS in physics. I studied physics in my first two semesters.
I request you to know whether I am eligible to study MS IN PHYSICS from IITs/IISc., etc.

[email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?